The Greatest Superhero Movies of All-Time Ranked

How do you leave Winter Soldier off the list? Or Iron Man?

1. Dark Knight
2. Avengers infinity war
3. Logan
4. Thor Ragnarok
5. Civil War
6. Avengers
7. Guardian 1
8. Days of Future past
9. X2
10. Dark Knight rises (nostalgia reasons)

My top 3 will never change

Definitely TDKR over the rest.

Boom

Fuxk yall!

1. Dark Knight
2. Avengers infinity war
3. Logan
4. Thor Ragnarok
5. Civil War
6. Avengers
7. Guardian 1
8. Days of Future past
9. X2
10. Dark Knight rises (nostalgia reasons)

My top 3 will never change
No Ant Man?! You're not Paul Rudd!

I think the best superhero movie is Infinity War, but I won't put it on the list, because it required a dozen more movies before it

#1 - Superman 2
Cavill is great, but Reeves is still hands down the best Superman. The problem writers have for Supe is that he's so OP. Not only do they bring in Zod and his two partners to match him, Supe also relinquishes his power to try and have a normal life with Lois. The stakes felt very high in this. Gene Hackman is money as Luther again, but there was also some great comedy. Supe vs Rocky, round one and two

Theme song is tops too, which carried over in all his films. That intro to Superman 1 is legendary, showcasing the theme, such a great movie too. Lois should have been hotter though, but Margo was a good actress.

#2 Spiderman 2 (I loved the first too)
Supe was always my fav growing up, but Spiderman was #2, largely because I grew up with the 70's tv show at lunchtime (Flintstones too). I don't think I need to explain why this movie is so great.

#3 Ironman
Without RDJ/Ironman, there is no MCU as we know it. I always loved Ironman comics, couldn't believe we got a movie about him. I love how grounded/raw it felt, made it believable. It was also a great redemption story for RDJ, an actor I grew up watching and liked.
YellowImportantHarrier-size_restricted.gif

#4 Winter Soldier
Captain America is def my top 5 fav superhero. He had the serum sure, but he wasn't OP, and had to use smart tactics to win. He always had a strong moral compass too, like Superman, which I always liked in my heroes, gave them extra boundaries. Evans was perfectly cast in the role, and he was at his peak in WS. The action scenes were incredible, especially for Cap and Black Widow (love that scarjo). Having Bucky return was so awesome too. I really liked how Cap wouldn't kill him, got me in the feels.
The elevator scene is the best action sequence in the entire MCU IMO

#5 Batman Returns
Rounding out my top 5 superheroes...Everyone always gushes over the Dark Knight trilogy, but I never cared for Bale as Batman. I even prefered Val Kilmer over him, Affleck too (Adam West far overshadows Bale as well). Michael Keaton, however, is the best live Batman ever. He's a great actor, and while I didn't think I'd buy him as Batman, being a bit of a small guy and all, he totally won me over. He's firing on all cylinders in the 2nd film. Coupled with the great supporting cast, awesome soundtrack, the beautiful cinematography (love that gothic/Burton look) and more cool gadgets, it was a great time to be a Batman fan.
One of the best Catwoman portrayals too

Rounding out the rest, I'd have to include Blade (fucking epic), Guardians 1, X Men first class, Deadpool 2, and Logan, no order.

Man of Steel is highly underrated, and I really liked the first two X Men movies too, so they get my honourable mentions. Famke and Romijn were so hot.

Last edited:
Man of Steel is fucking awesome, ignore the TS. Too many people got their panties in a bunch over killing Zod, while fondly remembering the Reeves movies. Hey remember that part in Superman 2 when Zod turned human and Superman gleefully crushed his hand then tossed him down a chasm? How is that any better?
I can't take anyone seriously who places The Dark Knight Rises as their #1 super hero movie. It's like going into a discussion about the the best action movies of all time and someone says The Fast and the Furious. You just get up and leave.
You guys realize that Man of Steel is universally hated right? Lol it's a fucking shit show of explosions . If you guys are YouTubers at all you should checkout RedLetterMedias review of that movie, it's pretty hilarious.

Lol attacking TDKR and then claiming Man of Steel is good discounts anything you ever have to say about movies ever again. Go ahead and take that opinion to the public without getting laughed out of the room.

Last edited:
You guys realize that Man of Steel is universally hated right? Lol it's a fucking shit show of explosions . If you guys are YouTubers at all you should checkout RedLetterMedias review of that movie, it's pretty hilarious.

Lol attacking TDKR and then claiming Man of Steel is good discounts anything you ever have to say about movies ever again. Go ahead and take that opinion to the public without getting laughed out of the room.

Dude, you're the one listing what is easily Nolan's worst movie and the weakest of his Batman trilogy as the best superhero movie ever. DKR has tons of problems, problems that are touched upon in RLMs review of the movie. I still like it, but its vastly overrated. DKR is a solid 7, maybe 8 out of 10 if you're being generous.

Man of Steel got unjustly shit on for approaching the character in a different manner. It is light years more enjoyable than all the other Superman movies for me though.

I think the best superhero movie is Infinity War, but I won't put it on the list, because it required a dozen more movies before it

#1 - Superman 2
Cavill is great, but Reeves is still hands down the best Superman. The problem writers have for Supe is that he's so OP. Not only do they bring in Zod and his two partners to match him, Supe also relinquishes his power to try and have a normal life with Lois. The stakes felt very high in this. Gene Hackman is money as Luther again, but there was also some great comedy. Supe vs Rocky, round one and two

Theme song is tops too, which carried over in all his films. That intro to Superman 1 is legendary, showcasing the theme, such a great movie too. Lois should have been hotter though, but Margo was a good actress.

Supe was always my fav growing up, but Spiderman was #2, largely because I grew up with the 70's tv show at lunchtime (Flintstones too). I don't think I need to explain why this movie is so great.

#3 Ironman
Without RDJ/Ironman, there is no MCU as we know it. I always loved Ironman comics, couldn't believe we got a movie about him. I love how grounded/raw it felt, made it believable. It was also a great redemption story for RDJ, an actor I grew up watching and liked.

#4 Winter Soldier
Captain America is def my top 5 fav superhero. He had the serum sure, but he wasn't OP, and had to use smart tactics to win. He always had a strong moral compass too, like Superman, which I always liked in my heroes, gave them extra boundaries. Evans was perfectly cast in the role, and he was at his peak in WS. The action scenes were incredible, especially for Cap and Black Widow (love that scarjo). Having Bucky return was so awesome too. I really liked how Cap wouldn't kill him, got me in the feels.

#5 Batman Returns
Rounding out my top 5 superheroes...Everyone always gushes over the Dark Knight trilogy, but I never cared for Bale as Batman. I even prefered Val Kilmer over him, Affleck too (Adam West far overshadows Bale as well). Michael Keaton, however, is the best live Batman ever. He's a great actor, and while I didn't think I'd buy him as Batman, being a bit of a small guy and all, he totally won me over. He's firing on all cylinders in the 2nd film. Coupled with the great supporting cast, awesome soundtrack, the beautiful cinematography (love that gothic/Burton look) and more cool gadgets, it was a great time to be a Batman fan.

Rounding out the rest, I'd have to include Blade (fucking epic), Guardians 1, X Men first class, Deadpool 2, and Logan, no order.

Man of Steel is highly underrated, and I really liked the first two X Men movies too, so they get my honourable mentions. Famke and Romijn were so hot.

Really good post.

<{anton}>

So glad no Superman movies. Superman is the ABSOLUTE WORST super hero out of them all.
Such a boring, uninteresting character. Didn't put much effort into creating him...I mean, his name is superman. Lol.

Watchmen if you watch something serious

Kick-Ass if you want something over the top

Dude, you're the one listing what is easily Nolan's worst movie and the weakest of his Batman trilogy as the best superhero movie ever. DKR has tons of problems, problems that are touched upon in RLMs review of the movie. I still like it, but its vastly overrated. DKR is a solid 7, maybe 8 out of 10 if you're being generous.

Man of Steel got unjustly shit on for approaching the character in a different manner. It is light years more enjoyable than all the other Superman movies for me though.
RLM actually says they enjoy TDKR more than TDK. It's got some plot holes but that's every super hero movie, and to say it's the weakest is borderline autistic. Interstellar is easily Nolan's weakest movie. It's not bad, but it's not great. Man of Steel got shit because it was a garbage movie, shit acting, shit action, shit characters, shit romance..it's no substance, just 2 hours of loud noises and explosions. It's literally one of the worst movies of the decade.

Last edited:
Lol, Dark Knight is easily the best. I think most superhero movies suck tbh

#1 - Superman 2

#3 Ironman

#4 Winter Soldier

#5 Batman Returns

Glad to finally see some Keaton respect.

My picks based solely on the how much I enjoyed them and rewatchability and in no order.

Thor: Ragnorak - Perfect mix of styles and pop culture refernces from the 1970s on to the 2010s. Did not take itself too seriously and this was a major win.

Captain America Civil War: IMO the "darkest" MCU movie. IW / Endgame had a cosmic near genocide, but the struggle of CW was something more relatable to the everyman.

Batman: Keaton and Nicholson killed it. Yes there's cheese, but damn the one liners, over the top characters and even the soundtrack made this.

Blade: saw it expecting nothing, walked out entertained AF. At the time I didn't even realize it was based off a comic book.

The Crow: Didn't know it was a comic at the time, familiar with Lee from Rapid Fire and being Bruce's kid. Between his death, the soundtrack, the fact it takes place in Detroit on Devil's Night, and the underrated lines, this one hit home to me in the 90s

Offhand maybe...

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Superman 2
Superman
Logan
Hancock
Batman
X-Men: First Class
Watchmen
The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight
Ironman 1
Winter soldier
Batman begins
Guardians 1
Logan
Avengers infinity war
Superman 2
X men first class
Batman returns

This list (source some Tumblr dweeb) always made me giggle. Edit: it's superheroes films ranked by the number of trains on them

tilt-shift-blur

Iron Man- 0/10. No trains.

The Incredible Hulk- 1/10. No trains, but a verbal reference to the subway.

Iron Man 2- -100/10. No trains, negative 100 points for a cameo by train-hater Elon Musk

Thor- 0/10. No trains in space :(

Captain America: The First Avenger- 7/10. Cool train heist scene, and monorails go by at the World’s Fair

The Avengers- 3/10. A freight train goes by at the beginning. Cap tells the police to get people into the subway, giving hope for more train content that goes unfulfilled. The only scene of Cap riding the subway was deleted.

Iron Man 3- 0/10. No trains.

Thor: The Dark World- 10/10 THOR RIDES THE TRAIN

Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 0/10. No trains.

Guardians of the Galaxy- 0/10. Still no trains in space :(

Avengers: Age of Ultron- 6/10. Okay action scene involving stopping a train.

Ant-Man- 9/10. Fight scene involving Thomas the Tank Engine!!!!

Captain America: Civil War- 1/10. Cap and Sharon meet next to high-speed rail tracks but no trains go by.

Doctor Strange- 6/10. Subways go flying by in the mirror dimension!

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2- 0/10. Still no trains in space :(

Spiderman: Homecoming- 10/10! Peter “Numtot” Parker rides on the train several times and also crashes a car for good measure

Thor: Ragnarok: 0/10. Someone better get some trains in space real soon

Black Panther: 7/10. Cool Wakandan tram goes down the street, and the finale involves a vibranium train!

Avengers: Infinity War: 6/10. Cap emerges from behind a moving train!!

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 0/10. No trains.

Captain Marvel: 11/10 THERE ARE TRAINS IN SPACE!!! TRAINS IN SPACE!!! THERE ARE FINALLY TRAINS IN SPACE!!!! also she rides a train on earth too!!! Carol Danvers: queen of public transportation and my heart

Avengers: Endgame: 0/10. No trains.

1 Watchmen
2 Dredd
3 infinity wars
4 Thor Rangnarok
5 GoTG
6 Hellboy
7 the Dark Knight
8 Shazam
9 Spiderman 2
10 batman returns

Last edited:
Not a single mention of Joker?

I thought it was average as well

LOL@five movies above Logan.

It's so far above the rest it's stupid.

I think you need to rewatch man of steel and Wonder Woman.
Man of steel because it is awesome. And Wonder Woman because it is terrible (Gal Gadot is gorgeous but that’s it)

Back