The greatest round in combat sports history

Alexis Arguello and Aaron Pryor 1 was pretty epic.

Kimo is a legend, all for jesus baby.

Whittaker vs Romero II round 3 for a recent example. Insane round.

greatest round ever with the most shocking upset in mma history

images

No mention of Fedor, seriously?
Fedor vs Randleman has to be the craziest first round

Fedor/Fujita as well.

Several rounds of Zambidis/Chahid in K-1 probably qualify...

Lights Out vs Tiger, 12th Round

@ 1h02mn50 (check Steward´s legendary "Oh My Gawwddd! Look at this, look at this!")

what about winning with ernesto hoost :D don't get heart attack ! ;)

I know Sapp's history very well, I was actualyl witnessing it.
Doesn't really change the fact that a couple of years afterwards he started just blatantly throwing fights for money.

He used to be a great athlete, a talented one with an amazing potential physique-wise.
And I have no doubt that not much left of that, and this fight showed it. Well, blame his lifestyle

Doesn't really change the fact that a couple of years afterwards he started just blatantly throwing fights for money.

He used to be a great athlete, a talented one with an amazing potential physique-wise.
And I have no doubt that not much left of that, and this fight showed it. Well, blame his lifestyle

I think after the Mirko face break Sapp started fighting scared and obviously wasn't anywhere near as good anymore but its the Aerts fight in K-1 with the phantom knee in 2006 that marks the start of fights actually looking dodgy.

I tend to that the view that he doesn't actually go out to loose but generally just doesn't want to take any punishment so folds as soon as his opponent lands most of the time.

I tend to that the view that he doesn't actually go out to loose but generally just doesn't want to take any punishment so folds as soon as his opponent lands most of the time.

He actually pretty much hinted that his losses is what brought him a huge amount of money.
And he's very rich. Not only because Japan commercials.
That was in an interview that he did after his retirement (yes, he came back from it obviously) so he had nothing to hide.

Also, I remember when he was announced as Aleks E's opponent the Russian MMA media had a shitstorm.
A management of "Legenda" (mega shady org) that made his fight responded: "We talked to Sapp and made sure he will fight like a lion. That's all we can say about this matter"
LOL

He actually pretty much hinted that his losses is what brought him a huge amount of money.
And he's very rich. Not only because Japan commercials.
That was in an interview that he did after his retirement (yes, he came back from it obviously) so he had nothing to hide.

Also, I remember when he was announced as Aleks E's opponent the Russian MMA media had a shitstorm.
A management of "Legenda" (mega shady org) that made his fight responded: "We talked to Sapp and made sure he will fight like a lion. That's all we can say about this matter"
LOL

Sapp did actually comment on the subject and basically stated that he felt orgs didn't pay enough or cover his medical costs to potentially risk himself.

I think you see that Sapp goes down easier and easier as he moves from big orgs like K-1 to mid level orgs. I suspect his thinking was that to earn the same amount I need to fight more often now(he was basically on a constant world tour of loses earlier this decade) so I'm going to put even less effort and allow less punishment in each fight.

That's part of why he was booked no doubt, a big name to pay to fight some local favourite knowing he'll likely loose.

Gatti vs Ward is the obvious answer.
Notable mentions;

Guida vs Sanchez RD1
Diaz vs Daley RD1
Joshua vs Klitscho RD11

Sperry Vs. Ninja had some of the sickest transitions

yup, best were jap commercials with him... loved them :) only coleman with wand had better one ( shaveing)

Forget round 1 of Edgar-Maynard 2,3
Forget round 3 of Korean Zombie-Poirier
Forget round 1 of Diaz-Gomi
Forget round 1 of Akiyama-Frye
Forget round 3 of Hagler Hearns
Forget round 8 of Ali-Foreman
Forget them all

This is the greatest round ever given by combat sports

Enjoy my friends

LMAO at "If Bob can chase him down he could finish this fight"

honorable mention

it's akiyama Frye and there is no close second ya damn newbies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back