The greatest frontman of a band ever ?

acdc-brian-johnson_1-31118vui08hijjtwqd3klc.jpg

Your mom has been in front of a lot of men.

(srsly its Axl)

Recently Liam Gallagher of Oasis was chosen as best frontman of a band ever

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/7519708/Liam-Gallagher-crowned-best-frontman.html

Who is it according to you ? One of the older classics like the guys from Van Halen ?
Axl Rose ? Freddy ?

Laughable. Also because he's a Man City fan, a fact that on its own, absent any other transgression, makes him laughable.

Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Robert Plant and I'm missing a ton of people here - all of them before this clown

I'm not really a fan of Queen but I can't think of anyone with the same charisma and presence as Mercury. Plus the dude could sing his balls off

Axl Rose was great when he wasn’t high as a kite, or getting into pissing contests with his fans.

...I can't think of anyone with the same charisma and presence as Mercury. Plus the dude could sing his balls off
And if anyone actually doubts this, I'd suggest that they catch the 1981 video: Queen Rock Montreal

Also - I've never met anybody who didn't think Liam Gallagher wasn't a cunt.

Cant believe he wasnt metioned almost immeditely and hes technically not the front man
classickramer10evh2.jpg

Freddie Mercury is going to be very hard to beat, not sure I’d put Liam Gallagher higher than the top three of the Britpop era, Jarvis Cocker wins that one, and Damon is better than Liam imo.

I'm not really a fan of Queen but I can't think of anyone with the same charisma and presence as Mercury. Plus the dude could sing his balls off

Plant in Led Zeppelin I spose quite similar, generally I think you could argue the megabands of that era worked best with a frontman who was a bit camp like those two or Jagger plus of course Bowie as a solo artist. It just seemed to give more vatiety to their sound compared to say The Who were I think Daltrey always came across as a bit one dimensionally blokish to me.

Back