The Great Flyweight Purge (Updated May 2019)

Ben and Moreno should have been kept way more fighters should be given the option of 135 at least

Mokhtarian confirmed released

So its down to ten. And one of those of course (Cejudo) will be fighting for the 135 belt.

To be brutally honest, im fine with there only being ten flyweights in the UFC as long as those are the ten best flyweights in the world.

That way, every flyweight matchup is between top contenders working their way to a title shot.

You lose a couple of matches, out you go replaced by an up and coming prospect who has put together a run on the regionals.

Does anyone really care about watching the #28 ranked guy fighting the #35 ranked guy?

To be brutally honest, im fine with there only being ten flyweights in the UFC as long as those are the ten best flyweights in the world.

That way, every flyweight matchup is between top contenders working their way to a title shot.

You lose a couple of matches, out you go replaced by an up and coming prospect who has put together a run on the regionals.

Does anyone really care about watching the #28 ranked guy fighting the #35 ranked guy?

PPV's should be top 15 fighters only in all weight classes..

Thank god...this division is pathetic let them all go to Bellator/One/PFL/etc. I don't ever want to be subjected to one of these fights as I wait on the main event.

Thank god...this division is pathetic let them all go to Bellator/One/PFL/etc. I don't ever want to be subjected to one of these fights as I wait on the main event.
Bellator and PFL don't have flyweight division (funny, both are U.S. based promotions), but these little bros can either go up to 135 or to choose ONE (their 135), Rizin (which sucks, they have 3-4 fighters), ACA or Road FC.

Must admit, I enjoyed all title fights in 125 history and some other top fights.

Back