The government has paid Trump at least 2.5 million during his presidency

The thing about these threads is the sheer extent of the effort people put forth to avoid addressing the obvious.

The obvious issue is the conflict of interest when a sitting President directs the government to use his personal assets in such a way that he personally profits. Most normal people understand the conflict of interest and most ethical guidelines say that politicians shouldn't do it. Yet here in a thread full of people who claim to have above average intelligence, so few of them can see the conflict of interest? That's not misunderstanding, that's just willful ignorance.

Yeah, that's what I imagine you look like right about now. Do some reading and come back better, LOLawyer man.
Lol @ telling someone to do some reading when Darkballs specifically asked you if Trudeau vacations at his home and charges taxpayers for that vacation ONLY to keep the proceeds for himself. You responded as of the question was simply do taxpayers pay for Trudeau's vacations.... The keeping of the vacation revenue in the President's personal business is the issue.

Please name the past presidents who paid their room and board while traveling as President

Please name the past presidents who funneled tax payer money until their own businesses. Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm to become president.

Seems like the taxpayer is getting a good deal.

Lol @ telling someone to do some reading when Darkballs specifically asked you if Trudeau vacations at his home and charges taxpayers for that vacation ONLY to keep the proceeds for himself. You responded as of the question was simply do taxpayers pay for Trudeau's vacations.... The keeping of the vacation revenue in the President's personal business is the issue.

It's nickle and dime shit. Trudeau was brought up as a favorable comparison, to which I responded to his ignorance.

Personally, I think it's all gross. Government officials should not be vacationing, or doing any other personal ventures on the public's dime. The idea that this one thing is the most offensive thing ever though, is laughable. It's a 1/10 on the "I'm outraged!" scale.

The thing about these threads is the sheer extent of the effort people put forth to avoid addressing the obvious.

The obvious issue is the conflict of interest when a sitting President directs the government to use his personal assets in such a way that he personally profits. Most normal people understand the conflict of interest and most ethical guidelines say that politicians shouldn't do it. Yet here in a thread full of people who claim to have above average intelligence, so few of them can see the conflict of interest? That's not misunderstanding, that's just willful ignorance.
I was just going to post this same thing. The president uses tax payer money for what are basically business trips. Ok, no problem there, that's obviously expected. What isn't expected, is that the money not only affords his trips, but ends up right back in his pocket. You'd think this conflict of interest was more or less obvious, yet here we are, and half the posts can be summed up as 'Lol, of course the president doesn't pay for his own trips". Or how about the few posts that suggest this isn't actually a big deal because Trump has forfeited his salary. Yea....except of course, this doesn't actually work in his favour here, and it's seriously concerning how that isn't obvious to ca. 50% of the posters here.

It's nickle and dime shit. Trudeau was brought up as a favorable comparison, to which I responded to his ignorance.

Personally, I think it's all gross. Government officials should not be vacationing, or doing any other personal ventures on the public's dime. The idea that this one thing is the most offensive thing ever though, is laughable. It's a 1/10 on the "I'm outraged!" scale.
No it's not Nicklr and dime shit yhe whole premise of this being a problem is the President personally benefiting from these vacations.... Nickel and dime shit would be when this same President was complaining about the amount taxpayers were paying for Obama vacations.

It’s embarrassing. It’s even more embarrassing that they say something willfully ignorant and follow it up with, “Ha I showed you!” Are these guys 11 years old?

But there are now two pages of people not understanding. There is a chance they actually don’t understand, even after having it explained, because they just aren’t very bright. Read the last 10 posts or so.

Almost a wash with not taking 4 years of salary. How did Biden make his money with so many years in office? ;)

You left out the fact he donates his entire salary as President back to the government. If you are gonna lay out stuff like this, why not put all the facts out there?
What’s being talked about in this thread isn’t even what’s significant imo. It’s the more than 12 million dollars funneled into Trump’s properties from foreign governments, lobbyists, etc., who in return benefitted.
https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...it-spending-big-at-his-businesses-nyt-2020-10

Lol at anyone crying about this and also ignore the meth head son of the democratic nominee running around collecting millions for consulting he had no previous experience with.

It’s embarrassing. It’s even more embarrassing that they say something willfully ignorant and follow it up with, “Ha I showed you!” Are these guys 11 years old?

But there are now two pages of people not understanding. There is a chance they actually don’t understand, even after having it explained, because they just aren’t very bright. Read the last 10 posts or so.

they are following the "if you are losing or don't have a point declare victory strategy". i find it pathetic and dishonest and beneath contemptible.

That's not what was said halfwit.

I was offering you a hypothetical of your own President profiting personally in a manner similar to Trump. Or to use a different example: What if Obama required the Federal Government to purchase $2.5 million dollars of his products? Do you see a conflict there? Can you see how that's different than just presidents having run-of-the-mill taxpayer funded expenditures? There is a personal profit motive when a President stands to benefit financially by forcing the government to spend taxpayer dollars on his business interests.

And that is what Trump is doing by setting record vacation times at his own facilities, and then charging the Federal government for the obligation to use those services. Not to mention hosting fundraisers where foreign heads of state would be present, and the cost for a dinner in the same room as them started at $7,000/per head. That's not normal Presidential behavior, and it isn't normal for taxpayer money to be spent that way.

The fact that you can't distinguish that type of practice from the routine funds dispersed to cover necessary expenses, shows either a complete lack of critical thinking or an unwavering devotion to partisan derp.

So in closing, I can only reiterate:
<31>

It's actually staggering how many of his supporters missed the point. "Derr, tax payer money goes to lots of stuff, tell me something I don't know."

Perhaps we can blame some of them for being Canadian, but I didn't think their public education system was that flawed.

To be honest as long as choosing his property over another to stay at isn't causing some kind of obstruction to government affairs i couldn't care less. Just like I wouldn't give a shit if Biden stayed at a property he owned and charged for.

Lol at trump getting white knighted here. He wouldn’t even piss on the bulk of his supporters if they were on fire.

The Trump Organization has reportedly received at least $2.5 million in taxpayer money from the federal government, most of which resulted from trips by President Trump to his company properties, according to federal spending records obtained by The Washington Post.

The Post reported that Trump has paid visits to Mar-a-Lago in Florida, his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., and his resorts in Scotland and Ireland a total of more than 280 times since taking office in 2017, resulting in millions of dollars in charges.

“If I win, I may never see my property — I may never see these places again,” Trump said on the campaign trail in 2016. “Because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Believe me.”

In its report published Tuesday, the Post detailed some of the charges Trump’s properties have requested from the federal government. They include $7,000 for a 30-person dinner Trump hosted at Mar-a-Lago in April 2017 during a visit from Chinese President Xi Jinping; $6,000 for floral arrangements at Trump’s April 2018 Mar-a-Lago summit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe; and $17,000 a month from May to November each year for the Secret Service’s use of a cottage at Trump’s Bedminster club.

State Department records also reportedly show that during Xi’s visit, White House staffers asked the bartender to leave a Mar-a-Lago bar and served themselves, “so they could speak confidentially,” the club’s catering director later told the State Department.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...aid-at-least-25m-by-federal-government-report

Nice to see our taxes are going to a good cause
This is really peanuts compared to the money that his wealthy supporters paid to join his club where he raised membership prices substantially and that people had gone to his hotels ask the house of Saudi. This also does not weigh in the Air Force use of his Scotland golf course and housing in England sometimes as much as 120,000 per trip.

All I care about in this case is if there's piss tapes involved. If not, I am outraged at the waste of taxpayer money.

lbBbSiw.jpg

Back