The government has paid Trump at least 2.5 million during his presidency

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Trump Organization has reportedly received at least $2.5 million in taxpayer money from the federal government, most of which resulted from trips by President Trump to his company properties, according to federal spending records obtained by The Washington Post.

The Post reported that Trump has paid visits to Mar-a-Lago in Florida, his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., and his resorts in Scotland and Ireland a total of more than 280 times since taking office in 2017, resulting in millions of dollars in charges.

“If I win, I may never see my property — I may never see these places again,” Trump said on the campaign trail in 2016. “Because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Believe me.”

In its report published Tuesday, the Post detailed some of the charges Trump’s properties have requested from the federal government. They include $7,000 for a 30-person dinner Trump hosted at Mar-a-Lago in April 2017 during a visit from Chinese President Xi Jinping; $6,000 for floral arrangements at Trump’s April 2018 Mar-a-Lago summit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe; and $17,000 a month from May to November each year for the Secret Service’s use of a cottage at Trump’s Bedminster club.

State Department records also reportedly show that during Xi’s visit, White House staffers asked the bartender to leave a Mar-a-Lago bar and served themselves, “so they could speak confidentially,” the club’s catering director later told the State Department.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...aid-at-least-25m-by-federal-government-report

Nice to see our taxes are going to a good cause

Ts is jealous no one takes his crusty ass anywhere. I bet you're unbearable as fuck, so I dont blame your folks for not taking you on vacations.

Chump change. I want to know who was paid out of the secret 500 billion CARES slush fund with no auditing. Trump fired the auditor. Friends of Trump for sure but maybe even Trump. Open the books.

Almost a wash with not taking 4 years of salary. How did Biden make his money with so many years in office? ;)
This should be the issue. And includes all politicians..

How do they end up being Uber rich while in office..

Government officials use tax payer money? Who knew?

For trips to his own properties, in which he collects the profits.

A pretty big distinction to omit. I know you don't pay U.S. taxes, so lets use a hypothetical that you can relate to:
Trudeau takes vacations while in office at his own residence and charges the Canadian government $2.5 million to reside there with him. Should your parents be upset?

For trips to his own properties, in which he collects the profits.

A pretty big distinction to omit. I know you don't pay U.S. taxes, so lets use a hypothetical that you can relate to:
Trudeau takes vacations while in office at his own residence and charges the Canadian government $2.5 million to reside there with him. Should your parents be upset?

Look LOLawyer man, Trudeau and everyone else in government uses tax payer money for their personal trips, and the security involved. Maybe do a little reading on the matter, you absolute moron. You think Trudeau pays out of pocket for his vacations? Holy shit, you're an idiot.

Look LOLawyer man, Trudeau and everyone else in government uses tax payer money for their personal trips, and the security involved. Maybe do a little reading on the matter, you absolute moron. You think Trudeau pays out of pocket for his vacations? Holy shit, you're an idiot.

Does Trudeau use that taxpayer money to spend at his own properties where he gets to keep the profits?

That's the distinction little fella.

Lol @ Trump spending 7 grand on a 30 person dinner when he knew the government was paying for it..... But when Clemson went to the White House to celebrate their championship during a government lockdown (where Trump had to pay personally) he had it catered by McDonald's

So the $500B for large corps. You're not worried about the $377B for small corps?

What is a small business in your opinion? You might want to look up SBA guidelines because your definition and their definition might widely vary.

For some industries, the SBA considers a company with 1500 employees and up to $38.5M in revenue as a small business.

https://www.fundera.com/blog/sba-definition-of-small-business

Also, why is it assumed that the $500B only went to large corporations that are favorable to Republicans? Democrats don't do business either?

Back