The GOOF strikes again:Hiding fighter salaries for 261

Who cares? Why are you people so obsessed with this shit? Just watch the fucking fights. If the pay is bad they will go away to another promotion, but they are not going away, are they? Enjoy MMA and stop bitching ffs
Yeah I really don’t care, they signed the contracts

Which ones are you asking for? The bills that the UFC has lobbied for usually also benefit boxing promoters, if they want to take advantage of those loopholes.
You said all cards are guaranteed to leak in boxing. Name some that leaked...

You said all cards are guaranteed to leak in boxing. Name some that leaked...
I said "pretty much guaranteed." How else do you think media members get estimates of side letters and other bonuses in boxing, aside from just guestimating? More than one media member has confirmed that's how they get their estimates. It's also internal, promoters have to divulge to boxers total receipts and rough financial breakdowns. This isn't rocket science, the more people who have more access to information, the more likely it is to leak.

I said "pretty much guaranteed." How else do you think media members get estimates of side letters and other bonuses in boxing, aside from just guestimating? More than one media member has confirmed that's how they get their estimates. It's also internal, promoters have to divulge to boxers total receipts and rough financial breakdowns. This isn't rocket science, the more people who have more access to information, the more likely it is to leak.
I asked for examples and you provided none.....

Dana being shady AF. Remember the "we bought a fight island" but turns out the Saudis PAID dana and the UFC and THEY MADE the fight island without Endeavor spending a dime.

dontbelievehislies.jpg
Señor Colombianfist on the money. Dana is a salesman through and through. “It’s the greatest/best” how many times have we heard this? He is a used car salesman on the outskirts of Vegas without the Fertitas.

I asked for examples and you provided none.....
John Nash has confirmed that that's where a lot of boxing reporting purses comes from. I don't know which part you're taking an issue with.
1. Ali Act requires promoters to turn over more financial info than boxing
2. This is where reporters get some of their sources for financial reporting
3. More people having access to information makes information easier to leak.

Which one?

For a fight, Lomachenko-Lopez last fall we had a good idea on purses. Those either came from sources within the camps or within the AC as those are the people who have access to that info. Take your pick on which one or both gives reporters info for payouts.

Ufc fighters make less than women golfers, ping ping players and badminton players

Edit:This post was made with the assumption Jake Paul was part owner of Triller. My mistake.

Lets be clear, noone should be surprised that the Paul brothers make more than the UFC fighters.

The UFC is a corporation designed to make as much money as possible. Employees and contractors are just a labor expense.

The Paul brothers are acting as the event promoters AND the fighter, and they only have to pay for THAT events overhead. No corporation, no Dana, just that events promotion, marketing and the actual event. Everything else is cake.

Last edited:
Lets be clear, noone should be surprised that the Paul brothers make more than the UFC fighters.

The UFC is a corporation designed to make as much money as possible. Employees and contractors are just a labor expense.

The Paul brothers are acting as the event promoters AND the fighter, and they only have to pay for THAT events overhead. No corporation, no Dana, just that events promotion, marketing and the actual event. Everything else is cake.
Jake Paul isn't a promoter. Not sure why you think that. It's more just the difference in leverage between fighters and promoters is different, plus Triller being willing to run the event at a loss (most likely) to drum up their reputation.

LOL the Pauls are making way more money than most athletes in every sport

Idiot

Whoa...why so sensitive? Temper temper. We weren't talking about athletes and every other sport, we were specifically talking about UFC fighters.Why you havin' a tantrum?

By a long shot. Ben said just his base of $500k for the Paul fight was more than his entire Bellator career and more than any of his UFC fights.
Entire Bellator career? Wow. These guys get paid dogshit. Sad that they can make more money fighting YouTube celebs than fighting at championship levels in the world's top MMA orgs.

Jake Paul isn't a promoter. Not sure why you think that. It's more just the difference in leverage between fighters and promoters is different, plus Triller being willing to run the event at a loss (most likely) to drum up their reputation.
My fault, i thought Jake Paul partially owned Triller for some reason. I'll edit.

Well Bellator rarely post any pay outs.
They keep having their card on native land so..

Well Bellator rarely post any pay outs.
They keep having their card on native land so..
Well that's more just to keep compliance costs down and to get around covid restrictions than anything. The non disclosure is a bonus that they'd give up for a sell out show at msg or more mainstream places in all likelihood.

Back