The Golden Era of HW MMA(late 2000s-early 2010s) in GIFs.

Lol @ "Heavyweight evolution."

Outside of Stipe, who isn't even in his prime anymore, the HW division is a joke. The only division that has regressed in talent.

Lol @ "Heavyweight evolution."

Outside of Stipe, who isn't even in his prime anymore, the HW division is a joke. The only division that has regressed in talent.

I would include Ngannou too just for his sheer physical prowess that makes up for his technical deficiencies. Stipe has the perfect combination of wrestling, boxing and toughness to make it difficult for anyone from any era.

Maybe Blaydes but I don't think he really brings anything new that we haven't seen in the past.

I would include Ngannou too just for his sheer physical prowess that makes up for his technical deficiencies. Stipe has the perfect combination of wrestling, boxing and toughness to make it difficult for anyone from any era.

Maybe Blaydes but I don't think he really brings anything new that we haven't seen in the past.

The division is full of old and unatheltic grapples, so this means Ngannou is one of the best strikers by default.

For example, im a trash soccer player compared to the average city soccer player near my village, but I'm still one of the best soccer players in my village.

Francis has 3 minute cardio. That's a devolution from say, Pride 10min first rounds.

You had me like this...
<{jackyeah}>
Until the Mirko gif... way to ruin my reminiscing jerky...
Damn you..
<3>

I was going to complain if the death of Todd Duffee wasn’t there. Leaving happy and satisfied!

Begins? Ohhhh. 02-04 was the prime of the golden years IMO. And the era 07-09 era you describe is indeed a different one. IMO.

All awesome though, just in different ways.

I understand that completely. Fedor, Big Big, Cro Cop, Sylvia, Arlovski all in their primes. Shame about Mir.

I just felt like, in my era of choosing, we got the perfect mix of legends(no longer prime but still competitive), and actual prospects bursting on to the scene to replace them.

Then you have the middle level guys like Kongo, Rothwell, Roy Nelson, Barry, Gonzaga, etc. The division had so much depth that elite guys like Kharitinov are all but forgotten.

The guy KTFO Overeem and Arlovski before it was cool and then Stipe, Ngannou and Rozenstruik built a name off of them later when they were senior citizens.

Besides age the real issue with speed is that guys like Fedor, Mirko, Aleks, Arlovski, etcwere just very gifted athletically.

There were plenty of less gifted and slower HW's in that earlier era like say Roman Zentsov but they never troubled the higher rankings.

I'm sorry. I am a huge Cro Cop fan but I just couldn't think of a more iconic moment for him. Also, did it for the laughs.

That's one of the few fights I can really remember getting pretty pissed over.

Shocked, shook and stunned. I was like "Nooooo! - what! - mutha fak!"

Mirko got CroCop'ed by Gonzaga. :( Jus wouldn't have believed it would go down like that. :(

Irony is a cruel mistress....

I'm sorry. I am a huge Cro Cop fan but I just couldn't think of a more iconic moment for him. Also, did it for the laughs.
For laughs?

Meanwhile everyone’s reaction to it...

<mma3>

Back