The GOAT Talk Could Be Ended?

To an extent maybe. Michael Jordan is a known asshole and he is still the GOAT

MJ kept a lower profile IMO.
Best shoe in the biz, and is the originator of the greatest laughing gif in the world.

Can't even compare the two.

Why are guys like Pete Rose and OJ Simpson not in the Hall of Fame then? Why is Chris Benoit not talked about or recognized in the WWE?

I agree that whatever happens in a person's personal life shouldn't affect their accomplishments but the reality is that they do.

With something subjective like GOAT, if Jones and GSP had the exact same records and finish rate, GSP would almost certainly get the nod over Jones just because he comes across as a good guy and good for the sport. Things like that matter to people.

Did you really just compare Jones to murderers like Benoit and OJ and Pete Rose with shady gambling on his own sport?

MJ kept a lower profile IMO.
Best shoe in the biz, and is the originator of the greatest laughing gif in the world.

Can't even compare the two.

MJ is probably the biggest name in NA sports history (besides Ali who was also kinda an asshole). He can't keep a low profile. His gambling problems, rude behavior and womanizing is well known. Its just no one gives a shit because he was so fucking good on the court

Did you really just compare Jones to murderers like Benoit and OJ and Pete Rose with shady gambling on his own sport?

I didn't do that all. I was giving examples of guys that had issues outside of the sport and it blackballed them from all time great status.

To be a GOAT, you have to be likable and respected outside of the sport. That's just how it is. I can't name one GOAT that everyone hates.

It's already Fedor.

Unless we're doing the P4P alternate universe thingie.

Then it's GSP.

If/when JJ comes back, and if/when he goes to HW, he's got a damned good chance to become the clear GOAT.

Anderson has basically put himself out of the running with his shenanigans.

So as of now, Fedor.

MJ is probably the biggest name in NA sports history (besides Ali who was also kinda an asshole). He can't keep a low profile. His gambling problems, rude behavior and womanizing is well known. Its just no one gives a shit because he was so fucking good on the court

Truth.

Pretty good chance MJ's dad was killed because of his behaviour. Most people who know much about him have at least a strong suspicion that's the case. And yet everyone brushes it under the carpet like it's a minor issue that is none of anyone's business.

But Ronda didn't shake Tate's hand and Deion Sanders danced in the endzone and they are bad, bad people.

Fedor wouldnt even look at gsp

he must be salty

Fedor doesn't care about GSP:)

He probably doesn't even know him, while GSP said that Fedor was the P4P best fighter, let alone the true GOAT.

You enjoy your dream about the MMA D league GOAT being the MMA GOAT:)

No, I still think Jones is GOAT because I think he's the greatest at fighting of all-time.

I didn't do that all. I was giving examples of guys that had issues outside of the sport and it blackballed them from all time great status.

To be a GOAT, you have to be likable and respected outside of the sport. That's just how it is. I can't name one GOAT that everyone hates.

I stronlgy disagree.

I don't give a sh*t about the scout bullsh*t. It's probably fake anyway.

All I care about, and all analysts should care about when talking about the GOAT are the results.

In other words: "I think Jones is GOAT because I havent been watching MMA that long."

Correct that I haven't been watching MMA that long (casual since 2007, hardcore since 2009), but that doesn't matter because I've seen Fedor's fights, I've seen a decent amount of PRIDE, and I've seen every UFC event. Jon Jones is the best. Many long term fans would agree. Also, one thing in my favor is that my name isn't "BRASIL WAND" and I don't have a Fedor avatar, meaning I'm not biased.

For Fedor to become the GOAT, GSP would have to come back and lose three times in a row.

So if GSP came back at 40 and lost 3 in a row it would damage his legacy? Rubbish.

Just as Fedor coming back now, and even the three losses prior have to be taken into consideration given it is the back side of his career

To me there are only 2 possible GOATS, GSP and Fedor, but either of them coming back and fighting doesn't cancel out what they've done

That's like saying Jordan hurt his legacy by going to the Wizards...

Correct that I haven't been watching MMA that long (casual since 2007, hardcore since 2009), but that doesn't matter because I've seen Fedor's fights, I've seen a decent amount of PRIDE, and I've seen every UFC event. Jon Jones is the best. Many long term fans would agree. Also, one thing in my favor is that my name isn't "BRASIL WAND" and I don't have a Fedor avatar, meaning I'm not biased.

Sorry but IMO you really can't properly tell unless you watched them do their thing AS IT HAPPENED. Your opinion is valid on best since 2009, but you just don't have adequate context enough to truly understand guys like Fedor or any of those who did there thing in Pride without being part of the MMA scene at the time.

Its like watching the original Star Wars as a kid in 2015 on blu ray or being a child watching it in the cinema and growing up through the star wars phenomenon

You'll never get the same appreciation - just my opinion though

Last edited:
Fedor would get kicked in by Travis Browne

That explains it "Casual" since 07 and "Hardcore" since 2009 lol... right in time for Fedor's twilight. Thats cute youve watched a couple Pride DVDs and Youtube HLs but you couldn't possibly understand the magnitude of his accomplishments at their repetitive times by that.

Jon Jones is a good fighter and the best current LHW withiut a doubt, but as far as GOAT conversation hes nothing more than the big fish benefititing from a very small pond. I wouldn't even put him as a Top 5 GOAT candidate.

It's already Fedor.

Unless we're doing the P4P alternate universe thingie.

Then it's GSP.

If/when JJ comes back, and if/when he goes to HW, he's got a damned good chance to become the clear GOAT.

Anderson has basically put himself out of the running with his shenanigans.

So as of now, Fedor.

disagree completley

GSP is #1 the amount of top 5 wins and avenging both his loses
Jones #2 will ikely take over #1 in a few years
silva #3 2 losses to someone who will go down in the best conversation
fedor # 4

If he comes back and wins the HW belt?? Yes then it will be very clear at that point. If he defends the belt and retires on top? Then its just a !!! on it

Back