The GOAT Talk Could Be Ended?

Aldo is the goat right now hands down, and im not even a huge Aldo fan.

You should be crossing aldo off your list. Cause come december, he's going to be stopped. Just like he would have been if he didn't pull out of the fight. He can't beat conor. I think we all know that by now. conor destroyed a guy that gave aldo a war. If we are just talking on the feet, conor absolutely brutalized mendes. Long before any effects of a shorted camp if ever took effect.

If there was an open weight tournament would anybody really pick GSP or Anderson over Fedor? Jones I could see, but GSP would have no chance. If you need weight classes to protect you then you can only be the greatest of the competitors who fought under that type of exclusion.

Still wouldn't make him my goat

GSP didnt have to come out of retirement to try and win a belt
cause he retired with it

Jones is the closest to GSP

Fedor can never surpass them imo

Your stubborness makes your opinion completely invalid.
There are many fighters who, if hypothetically came back to win the HW belt, would be the greatest. The guy who was already the greatest HW of the first good generation of MMA fighters coming back to do it again, in this, the second generation... I mean, c'mon - cuz he retired in there it wrecks it? It would be like fucking King Arthur.

The GOAT debate is certainly up for discussion with Fedor coming back, Anderson's failed drug test, Jones' legal issues and GSP's unwillingness to commit to his future.

I still feel Fedor is the GOAT but if he comes back, avenges some losses or even wins the UFC title, he'll cement his status and it will be hard to beat for years to come. If he comes back, loses again or doesn't look good, it will hurt his overall legacy.

Anderson is out of the discussion to me with the drug test failure and ridiculous defense at his hearing. With Jones, he screwed up a lot of his records by getting his title stripped. He had a real chance of being the GOAT with a few more years. With GSP, he has a really good resume and avenged all losses but he was a decision machine with boring fights.

Fedor has a chance to stake his claim or diminish his legacy. If he fails, it looks like GSP is next in line.

That's a bullshit hypothetical. What if Jones comes back and beats DC and Gus again then moves to HW and beats everybody?

What if McGregor beats Aldo, Edgar, full camp Mendes, moves to LW and beats everybody?

What if Chris Weidman beats everyone at MW, moves up and beats Jon Jones?

What if Ronda Rousey does some shit that clicks with the casuals and feminists and blows up in popularity again?

What ifs don't mean anything.

Lol. He is asking a hypothetical question. It's a thing. If Jones comes back and cleans out LHW again, then yes, that would certainly up his stock greatly. If Weidman moved up and beat Jones, then yes, it would put him in the conversation of being GOAT. If Conor beats Aldo, Edgar, and Frankie and then wins th e LW belt he'd be the best lighter weight fighter ever.

In this case, we are talking about the plausible possibility of Fedor returning to the HW division in a context in which he is one of the two fighters most discussed as GOAT of the sport. I for one think that beating Werdum, gaining the belt, and generally being a badass would elevate his case above GSP's. Right now they are more or less tied in my opinion.

Fedor has a chance to stake his claim or diminish his legacy. If he fails, it looks like GSP is next in line.

Fedor doing the one thing GSP wasn't good at: taking risks. Frankly, I think he will not do well. I hope I am wrong. I also think GSP never returns. I hope I am wrong about that too.

Aldo will have to work his way up the ranks and weight classes.

With that being said I believe Goat talk starts and ends at Fedor.

The GOAT debate is certainly up for discussion with Fedor coming back, Anderson's failed drug test, Jones' legal issues and GSP's unwillingness to commit to his future.

I still feel Fedor is the GOAT but if he comes back, avenges some losses or even wins the UFC title, he'll cement his status and it will be hard to beat for years to come. If he comes back, loses again or doesn't look good, it will hurt his overall legacy.

Anderson is out of the discussion to me with the drug test failure and ridiculous defense at his hearing. With Jones, he screwed up a lot of his records by getting his title stripped. He had a real chance of being the GOAT with a few more years. With GSP, he has a really good resume and avenged all losses but he was a decision machine with boring fights.

Jones' legal issues have nothing to do with his fighting. Goats don't have to be a "good" person.

You should be crossing aldo off your list. Cause come december, he's going to be stopped. Just like he would have been if he didn't pull out of the fight. He can't beat conor. I think we all know that by now. conor destroyed a guy that gave aldo a war. If we are just talking on the feet, conor absolutely brutalized mendes. Long before any effects of a shorted camp if ever took effect.

I think you're trolling with your tritely assessment.
However Conor fans and trolls tend to have much in common.

Jones' legal issues have nothing to do with his fighting. Goats don't have to be a "good" person.

GOAT is subjective. In my eyes and I think most others, the kind of person someone is plays a major role in the GOAT title. A big reason why Fedor is so revered is his personality. Same goes with GSP.

Rankings on the other hand shouldn't be subjective. Jones could be a murderer but if he's #1 ranked in the world, he's #1. GOAT on the other hand, it's not just about the resume.

How can GOAT talk end when we haven't seen the fighters "of all time" yet? GOAT talk is ever occurring as new blood is continually brought in and can one day materialize as the GOAT. Maybe Weidman goes on a super saiyan run and captures MW, LHW and HW titles? IDK but that's why these threads end up in the waste land anyways.

Sure. It isn't going to happen though. This is real life.

GOAT is subjective. In my eyes and I think most others, the kind of person someone is plays a major role in the GOAT title. A big reason why Fedor is so revered is his personality. Same goes with GSP.

Rankings on the other hand shouldn't be subjective. Jones could be a murderer but if he's #1 ranked in the world, he's #1. GOAT on the other hand, it's not just about the resume.

That plays absolutely no role in determining the GOAT of a sport. That's absolutely retarded. Some Disney-naive little kid type shit, honestly.

That plays absolutely no role in determining the GOAT of a sport. That's absolutely retarded. Some Disney-naive little kid type shit, honestly.

Why are guys like Pete Rose and OJ Simpson not in the Hall of Fame then? Why is Chris Benoit not talked about or recognized in the WWE?

I agree that whatever happens in a person's personal life shouldn't affect their accomplishments but the reality is that they do.

With something subjective like GOAT, if Jones and GSP had the exact same records and finish rate, GSP would almost certainly get the nod over Jones just because he comes across as a good guy and good for the sport. Things like that matter to people.

Why are guys like Pete Rose and OJ Simpson not in the Hall of Fame then? Why is Chris Benoit not talked about or recognized in the WWE?

I agree that whatever happens in a person's personal life shouldn't affect their accomplishments but the reality is that they do.

With something subjective like GOAT, if Jones and GSP had the exact same records and finish rate, GSP would almost certainly get the nod over Jones just because he comes across as a good guy and good for the sport. Things like that matter to people.

To people whose opinion means jack shit.

It plays no role in it. The accomplishments and what you've in your respective sport matters.

IF he comes back and runs through the division (and thats a HUGE "if"), then yeah he would probably be the GOAT (if he is not already). Same could be said for GSP and Jones though

To an extent maybe. Michael Jordan is a known asshole and he is still the GOAT

Back