The GOAT Talk Could Be Ended?

VonHalen

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So, there's all this talk about who the GOAT is..

Talks of Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Fedor, etc etc.....

If Fedor comes back and runs through the HW division (Not saying he will or won't, just a hypothetical), then would we finally have a unanimous GOAT?? (Besides McGregor, of course). I feel like if he were to really come back and do that, then it'd be hard based on his past credentials and current credentials to really deny it anymore.

if he comes back and wins the HW belt, yeah, he'll be solid for another decade at least, reputation-wise.

What if Jones comes back as a HW, and then dethrones Fedor?

if he comes back and wins the HW belt, yeah, he'll be solid for another decade at least, reputation-wise.

Still wouldn't make him my goat

GSP didnt have to come out of retirement to try and win a belt
cause he retired with it

Jones is the closest to GSP

Fedor can never surpass them imo

Aldo is the goat right now hands down, and im not even a huge Aldo fan.

Fedor is already MMA's GOAT. Anything else he accomplishes is just a bonus.

What he did throughout the span of a decade will be very hard to rival for any of the current fighters, not to mention the way he represents the sport is just impeccable.

Yes,but you can say that about all other GOAT candidates as well... (Jones,GSP,Aldo,Silva) So I don't see the point

TS, I read your post, thinking it was a great topic to bring up. Then you included Conor and, well.....

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

He already is the GOAT of his time, win or lose.
As Jones (arguably) is of his and someone else will be in 10 years.

There can never be a greatest of all time, just a greatest of a time.

If he wins the hw belt and beats Chris Camozzi twice...

Man forget goat, that's mma godhood right there.

That's a bullshit hypothetical. What if Jones comes back and beats DC and Gus again then moves to HW and beats everybody?

What if McGregor beats Aldo, Edgar, full camp Mendes, moves to LW and beats everybody?

What if Chris Weidman beats everyone at MW, moves up and beats Jon Jones?

What if Ronda Rousey does some shit that clicks with the casuals and feminists and blows up in popularity again?

What ifs don't mean anything.

It was ended when the majority of Sherdog voted Fedor as the GOAT.

Yeah, I'm sure you would get unanimous consensus on Sherdog regarding something as straight-forward and non-controversial as who the greatest fighter of all time is...

:rolleyes:

Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva vs. Fedor in a triple thread match. Only way to settle it. GSP as the special guest referee.

For Fedor to become the GOAT, GSP would have to come back and lose three times in a row.

If Mighty Mouse moves up and defeats Jones, Cain, and Werdum he is the GOAT.

Back