The GOAT Fedor 100% deserves an immediate title shot.

If they were gonna give one to Gina...

But we now have hindsight, and with hindsight Sakurai is not one of his best wins.

If you really want to be that desperate and pathetic about it we can list off all the losses big nog and cro cop had too. See how well they look "in hindsight"

Much respect to the goat but 1 fight first seems reasonable

As with the fighters mentioned in the OP, it basically is a lifetime achievement award. It produces fantastic drama.

Count me in. I'm all for it. I was merely quibbling over "deserve".

If you really want to be that desperate and pathetic about it we can list off all the losses big nog and cro cop had too. See how well they look "in hindsight"

If those loses tell us about what type of fighter they were when they faced previous opponents, then absolutely. The losses Sakurai had did tell us about the Sakurai that Anderson faced. He was not as difficult an opponent as Griffin or Hendo, clearly.

If those loses tell us about what type of fighter they were when they faced previous opponents, then absolutely. The losses Sakurai had did tell us about the Sakurai that Anderson faced. He was not as difficult an opponent as Griffin or Hendo, clearly.

Fedor was finished 3 times in a row against Werdum, Bigfoot, and Henderson, I guess in hindsight he was never good.

Cro Cop was KO'd by Randleman, Mir, Schaub, Gonzaga, and Nelson I guess in hindsight he wasn't that great a striker and not very difficult. Why couldn't Fedor finish him?

Big Nog KO'd by Nelson and Mir, guess he wasn't as tough in hindsight. Why couldn't Fedor finish him?

See how stupid shit looks when you judge fighters "by hindsight" instead of how good/bad they were during that specific fight?

You can tear down anyone using hindsight, you fucking idiot.

I think Dana can make more money throwing Fedor for the title straight away because chances that he will lose in his first fights are high.

Fedor was finished 3 times in a row against Werdum, Bigfoot, and Henderson, I guess in hindsight he was never good.

Cro Cop was KO'd by Randleman, Mir, Schaub, Gonzaga, and Nelson I guess in hindsight he wasn't that great a striker and not very difficult. Why couldn't Fedor finish him?

Big Nog KO'd by Nelson and Mir, guess he wasn't as tough in hindsight. Why couldn't Fedor finish him?

See how stupid shit looks when you judge fighters "by hindsight" instead of how good/bad they were during that specific fight?

You can tear down anyone using hindsight, you fucking idiot.

I'm sorry if you're not comprehending, but you can gain knowledge of a fighter from hindsight. You can tear down fighters with hindsight if it's justified dummy.

He's not better than Anderson, actually. He's got the weakest resume out of all the ATGs and fought in the worst division in MMA history. You're the same tool that always chimes in with some dumb shit to say so I'm not surprised here.

Fedor is better than Anderson.

Anderson is a disgrace to mixed martial arts. A cheater, steroid user and owner of the most humiliating and hilarious, vicious knockout loss in the history of combat sports in the known universe.

Fedor isn't the GOAT and he isn't greater than Ali and not even close to being greater than Robinson.

Fedor stops Ali in 30 seconds.

It seems you're butthurt since you brought up a fighter that's irrelevant to this thread. Fedor fought the worst competition out of all the ATGs, fought in the worst division in MMA history, fought 0-1 fighters, fought in freakshow fights, and dodged the UFC.
He's only 'GOAT' in the eyes of the poor pathetic Pride fans that can't move on (a LOT of Brazilians and most of Sherdog)
Oh and, Anderson was never 'confirmed as a career juicer'

Anderson IS a disgrace and cheating steroid user who cheated in his career with the use of steroids to gain an edge over other opponents.

Fedor could hypothetically fight the worst competition but he never lost to absolute cans like Takase in his PRIME.

This is why you clowns will never be taken seriously.

Wasn't Anderson clowning around like a clown when he got viciously KO'd in the most embarrassing knockout in the history of earth when he got punched in the face while clowning his opponent?

HW does not have the best fighters in the world lol Dan Henderson alone has wins over the two HW GOATs.

Nogueira fight was a robbery and HEnderson is another confirmed steroid user just like that disgraceful steroid user, Anderson Silva.

Fedor needs one good tune up fight before Werdum if he were to compete in the UFC. I would like to see Fedor/Rothwell or Fedor/Nelson. If he wins, title shot time.

The Reebok title contender $ will be the offer he couldn't refuse.

Given the lack of other contenders it's a no brainer to me

Lack of contenders?

The UFC heavyweight division is probably stronger right now than it has been in a very long time, or possibly ever, in terms of talent.

Cain Velasquez (1), Junior dos Santos (2), Stipe Miocic (3) and Andrei Arlovski (4). There are plenty of contenders.

Although Werdum just destroyed Cain in his last fight, he's still the #1 guy in the division. JDS, Miocic and Arlovski are all tough fights for Werdum and they're all in the top 5.

No way does Fedor deserve a rematch before any of these guys. Fedor has been out of action for 3 years now and his last 3 wins are against Monson, Ishii and Rizzo, all unranked opponents.

Just because he's the great Fedor, doesn't mean he should be given an immediate title shot, especially since there are already a few guys in the division that have a case for the next shot at the belt.

I love Fedor, I'm a big fan and always will be, I would love to see him come out of retirement and I would love to see him win the UFC belt someday. But, I would much prefer him to be given a warmup fight or something, since he has been gone for 3 years and hasn't faced an elite HW since 2010, which was Werdum and he was submitted in 1 minute and 9 seconds.

Fedor should have to win at least one fight against a top 5 or something before getting a title shot. I want Fedor to come to the UFC right fucking now, I want to see him fight very, very badly and I want him to be successful. I want to see Fedor destroy everybody in his way just like he used to, but I want to see him have a warmup fight because he's been out for 3 years, and because I don't believe he deserves the title shot right now.

There isn't a lack of contenders, like you believe. Werdum has a full plate right now, man.

Not even close. Lets see how he fights first. He dropped 3 in a row to top competition.

... and dodged the UFC.
'
Pride closed in 2007 and Fedor retired in 2012. He had 5 years to fight for the UFC. They even offered him a fight against Lesnar, which he declined.

Why must you continue with this RedHawks, how many times do I have to educate you? This is just spin for you to hate from

Did Randy 'dodge' Affliction?

Fedor is better than Anderson.

Anderson is a disgrace to mixed martial arts. A cheater, steroid user and owner of the most humiliating and hilarious, vicious knockout loss in the history of combat sports in the known universe.

Fedor stops Ali in 30 seconds.

Anderson IS a disgrace and cheating steroid user who cheated in his career with the use of steroids to gain an edge over other opponents.

Fedor could hypothetically fight the worst competition but he never lost to absolute cans like Takase in his PRIME.

Wasn't Anderson clowning around like a clown when he got viciously KO'd in the most embarrassing knockout in the history of earth when he got punched in the face while clowning his opponent?

Nogueira fight was a robbery and HEnderson is another confirmed steroid user just like that disgraceful steroid user, Anderson Silva.

Fedor fought in the worst division in history. Anderson has always been better.

Anderson failed a drug test after he nearly lost his leg and was coming off of 2 brutal losses. The results have been inconsistent and the commission has delayed his hearing several times. Anderson lost when he was 38 years old, while Fedor was strangled in just 64 seconds.

The 'GOAT' lost in a minute lol and then was stomped by Bigfoot and Henderson (lol)

But Anderson has better wins and consistently fought better competition, while Fedor's inconsistently fought top competition and doesn't even have as many top wins as Anderson.

Henderson lost several times while on TRT, yet the 'GOAT' couldn't do it even while having 20+ pounds on him? :redface:

Fedor vs. Werdum 2 much better than Cain vs. Werdum 2.

Back