News The GOAT Anderson Silva still to this day says BJ Penn is the best ever. Picks his 4 best fighters.

Many, actually.
I agree though that Big Nog was otherworldly tough and durable.

Still i stand by my point that numerous active fighters are already significantly better.

Many... Not at current levels of skills no.

You can pretty much write off anyone who lists Royce Gracie as one of the best ever. Respect to Royce for what he did for the sport, but to call him one of the best ever is ridiculous.

Nog was the best fighter in the world for quite a while, before he ran into Fedor. Held belts in Pride and UFC when they were both the number 1 company, won Rings King of Kings(big deal at the time), has more top 10 wins than Penn and more wins in general, he's also had some of the best comebacks and fights in MMA history.

Penn was probably more skilled but lighter fighters usually are.
Looking at his skills, he still doesn't compare to many modern active fighters.
I'm just speaking facts.

Prime Big Nog ? Bruh better probably yeah but not significantly. As for Gracie yes but we all know why he's still a good pick . And I'll just put it out there prime Penn is Khabib level dominant . I just think all his past street fights plus his career caught up to him
I don't mind (peak) Penn sitting so high. He was insane in his day and also fought in a very good division.
I do however stand by my point, that there are several fighters today who are significantly better, sorry my man!

As i said in another post, when *i* talk about the best fighters, i talk about who's the best regardless of era or circumstances etc.

Many? Dude most fighters can't fight three times a year. Someone just did an outstanding research thread about fighter activity.
Easier to fight more often in an organization where juicing is almost a requirement.

Either way though, i don't care much about someone fighting extremely often in regards to how good a fighter is.

Where are GSP, Fedor and Jones? You know, the guys everyone ranks ahead of Silva himself in any GOAT poll...

There are a lot of Penn fans out there. I think he is overrated as hell. Silva is wrong. I could name so many others as GOAT easily.

And just like that Jon lost all respect to Anderson

There are a lot of Penn fans out there. I think he is overrated as hell. Silva is wrong. I could name so many others as GOAT easily.
Nah braddah Penn is one of the best ever. Fought FW to HW always fought the best. Never asked for a easy fight.

Back