THE GLOVES ARE OFF | Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua | The Rematch

Gonna watch it later, although I don't expect much aside from AJ acting humble on the outside, trying to hide his butthurt'ness on the inside. But I'd still like to see the lost "Gloves are off" episode with him and Baby Miller... It never aired.

Gonna watch it later, although I don't expect much aside from AJ acting humble on the outside, trying to hide his butthurt'ness on the inside. But I'd still like to see the lost "Gloves are off" episode with him and Baby Miller... It never aired.

you sound jelly

I got Andy here. He’s not scared of Joshua one little bit, AJ knows it and I think it unsettles him.

Watched it now, and Joshua just has that mellow look in his eyes, the same way he looked when the referee waved off the fight...As if he already knows its over. I think it'd be much easier for him if he got knocked out by someone like Dillian or Wilder, guys he can be angry at. So my first and final prediction: Ruiz beats him again.

I also think that Eddie Hearn didn't do him any favor by picking Saudi Arabia as the location...should have been Las Vegas.
Sort of feel sorry for Joshua, and also for the fans, because we missed on Joshua vs. Wilder.

I got Andy here. He’s not scared of Joshua one little bit, AJ knows it and I think it unsettles him.

He's not an intimidating guy like Mike Tyson though... Who has been scared of him?

Ruiz is deeeeep inside that mans head. We will see how Joshua responds. I don't doubt he can win but what i said is facts.

Joshua's body language was all over the place

Fuck me that looked awkward. I don't envy either guy talking to a guy they are going to fight in front of millions for 20 minutes like that. I can't imagine Tyson doing it.

I agree with those that said Ruiz looked better out of that conversation. I wouldn't really read too much into it though.

I actually thought Joshua seemed ok here, for once he dropped his humble Mr Perfect act and was just being himself.

Joshua knows if he boxes moves and uses his Jab and height he's winning the fight but if he's going to war again and leaving himself open he's getting stopped.

Unless Ruiz attacks him and makes Joshua fight and gets knockdown's and hurts Joshua winning rounds he's not getting the nod on points and that's a fact because without the knockdown's in their first fight Joshua wins on points and was winning.

AJ is shook. The whole interview he looked defeated. The question about quitting hurt him. And he said nothing with any conviction. I think he's mentally shattered. I wasn't sure who would win the rematch but having watched this I think Ruiz will definitely win. And as a 2 to 1 underdog it's crazy.

What rebuttal to a guy who's pieced you up and smiles knowingly, saying he beats you ten times out of ten.
Its a new situation for AJ, he seemed unsure how to react and is obviously well aware he's in deep.

Gotta love armchair psychologists, this is as pointless as who won a stare down.

Not availeble in my country. Can someone explain this shit
Their content is currently 'region blocked' based on your IP Address (which reveals your origin). Unless you live in a certain geographical location (ieg., the UK or Ireland) then you'll be restricted. To bypass their restriction just use a free VPN, a split-tunnel VPN browser extension like Hola Unblocker, or use a proxy (a public non-transparent/anonymous one) and set your location to the UK or Ireland.
AJ-Ruiz-F2-F.png

Last edited:
Joshua knows if he boxes moves and uses his Jab and height he's winning the fight but if he's going to war again and leaving himself open he's getting stopped.

Unless Ruiz attacks him and makes Joshua fight and gets knockdown's and hurts Joshua winning rounds he's not getting the nod on points and that's a fact because without the knockdown's in their first fight Joshua wins on points and was winning.
Gotta agree I see it most likely going 12 for AJ looking like the Parker fight, AJ wins that 10/10. As long as his pride doesn't get in the way or Andy lays some type of trap.

Gotta agree I see it most likely going 12 for AJ looking like the Parker fight, AJ wins that 10/10. As long as his pride doesn't get in the way or Andy lays some type of trap.

I don’t buy this. Parker was happy to sit back, avoid engaging and cruise through to a loss.

Ruiz is going to bring it again, and Joshua isn’t a good enough boxer to keep him off for 12 rounds.

The fight could still go either way of course.

I ripped the HD 720p version of this and uploaded it to DailyMotion for those that can't bypass Sky's region block. Not sure how long it'll actually stay up though due to potential copyright notices.

In case it's taken down here's a backup (YouTube, Vimeo & Streamable weren't options)

Last edited:
Their content is currently 'region blocked' based on your IP Address (which reveals your origin). Unless you live in a certain geographical location (ieg., the UK or Ireland) then you'll be restricted. To bypass their restriction just use a free VPN, a split-tunnel VPN browser extension like Hola Unblocker, or use a proxy (a public non-transparent/anonymous one) and set your location to the UK or Ireland.
AJ-Ruiz-F2-F.png

Edward Snowden at work here.

I know that success in boxing is 99% psychological mind games but there's a weird rumour going round that it has something to do with physical boxing skills, sounds very dubious to me though.

There was a lot at play in that first fight - the rumours of AJ being concussed, him looking weird on fight night, last minute replacement opponent he might have slept on, the pressure of making his US debut, rushing in to finish then getting clipped which seemd to ruin his equilibrium for the rest of the fight etc. None of these are going to be factors in the rematch. Plus it being in Saudi Arabia means theres plenty of opportunity for shadiness anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back