The Ghost of Strikeforce at its peak? -- .600 win% vs UFC, 60% UFC Belts, +Ronda/WMMA

whut?
RR was already the 135 champ at SF, prior to Zuffa's purchase.

Zuffa bought Strikeforce in March of 2011. Rousey debuted in King of the Cage at the end of that month. She would not win the title for another year.

A lot of people forget Strikeforce only was trying to be a national level company for around 18 months until they were sold. It was barely around.

But but everyone outside the ufc hasn't proved themselves and suck

Zuffa bought Strikeforce in March of 2011. Rousey debuted in King of the Cage at the end of that month. She would not win the title for another year.

A lot of people forget Strikeforce only was trying to be a national level company for around 18 months until they were sold. It was barely around.

I was not aware. I thought Zuffa purchased them after she beat Miesha!
Thanks for the info :)

Lawler fought 8 times in the UFC b4 going to Strike force..its not like he was a random talent that Strike force found and developed, He was already a UFC veteran.In fact Lawler's Strike force career was not spectacular going 3-5. Good for him for turning his career around, its amazing but you can't label this guy as a strike force fighter after the career he has had.

Werdum was a Pride veteran and also had 4 fights in the UFC going 2-2 b4 moving to Strike force. Lets not act again Like Strike Force found him and developed him either. Werdum is an original Pride fighter. Developed and grown there, not in Strike force.

Cormier is a charity champion. Loses to Jones then gets an immediate shot due to crazy circumstances and Jones own stupidity, but lets not get crazy here, Jones is the number 1 LHW in the world.
Disclaimer...he is a legit top fighter and prob the true no 2 in the division but he is not the no 1 LHW in the world.

Ronda can be considered a true Strike forces fighter being developed and by them but the UFC did not have a Women's division.

LOL
like a true zuffa zombie, you don't even read before posting, as long as there are things to defend Zuffa, the details are not important...

As many people pointed out: while they were at SF, people dismissed them because "they couldn't hang in the UFC".
They were actually pointed as prof SF had only scrubs, since Zuffa rejects were still at the top of SF.

And it mattered little that people pointed out Werdum was talented.
Heck, I remember Zuffa zombies using Werdum as means to downgrade Fedor. (A Zuffa reject beats Fedor, imagine Lesnar!!!)

So no. Don't try to claim those were UFC or pride guys. the whole argument is what when they were at SF, you dismissed them.

Werdum and Lawler are former SF fighters but they were UFC fighters first.

Yes and when they went to Strikeforce many people said it was because they suck and can't cut it in UFC.

I honestly believe people hated on Strikeforce because they wanted it to be Pride and it wasn't.

Then it turns out the guys coming from Strikeforce to UFC had had way more success in general than anyone who came from Pride...

Jacare should have gotten a title shot after beating Okami. Fucking maddening how they keep stringing him along and he keeps ending up with last minute opponent changes to lesser dudes.

I agree. There's always some excuse to bypass him.
Then Machida, then Luke... heck even Yoel Romero now!

IMHO they need to make a better path to a title shot.
It can't be someone so deserving is surpassed so many times without a loss, just because Dana doesn't have the hots for the guy...

LOL
like a true zuffa zombie, you don't even read before posting, as long as there are things to defend Zuffa, the details are not important...

As many people pointed out: while they were at SF, people dismissed them because "they couldn't hang in the UFC".
They were actually pointed as prof SF had only scrubs, since Zuffa rejects were still at the top of SF.

And it mattered little that people pointed out Werdum was talented.
Heck, I remember Zuffa zombies using Werdum as means to downgrade Fedor. (A Zuffa reject beats Fedor, imagine Lesnar!!!)

So no. Don't try to claim those were UFC or pride guys. the whole argument is what when they were at SF, you dismissed them.

Its not black and white bro, neither is my post

Ppl that dismissed the quality of the Strikeforce Roster were uneducated.

Ppl that jump on the current state of the champs to proove that the UFC did not have the greater proportion of quality fighters in the MMA world are blind haters.

I just call it like it is.

I think Cm punk will be the only one who can truly be called a native Ufc fighter.

I can't remember who but somebody else fits that criteria... I think its one of the TUF winners or something. Every one of their professional fights has happened in the UFC.

Somebody help me out ..

Strikeforce was super fucking entertaining. I stopped watching any mma outside of ufc after strikeforce was bought by ufc, except a rare bellator fight or two.

It kind of shows how over rated the UFC is as a fight league. Remember, a WWE wrestler won the UFC 265 belt in his 3rd fight. I wouldn't be shocked if CM Punk fights for a title in under 5 fights. What other league can football washouts come in their 30s and infiltrate top 15 rankings?

Its not black and white bro, neither is my post

Ppl that dismissed the quality of the Strikeforce Roster were uneducated.

Ppl that jump on the current state of the champs to proove that the UFC did not have the greater proportion of quality fighters in the MMA world are blind haters.

I just call it like it is.

Ok, I can work with that, and agree with you.
But you have to concede that most of the "uneducated" people were UFC viewers and not really uneducated towards MMA. They knew UFC fighters, and even the fighters that fought at UFC and left for SF or other organizations.

Same as today, people who claim Ben Askren is a bum beating bums...

my uncle is a MMA fan but wouldn't watch anything but UFC even though I always mentioned Strikeforce he had the mentality that it wasn't as good

reminds me of music, i like hipster/indie and consider it better music than mainstream top 40 but barely anyone recognizes the bands or the music because there's not much money or marketing behind it.

[YT]TwXcarHyr1U[/YT]
[YT]gCuBMNPaN_k[/YT]

It kind of shows how over rated the UFC is as a fight league. Remember, a WWE wrestler won the UFC 265 belt in his 3rd fight. I wouldn't be shocked if CM Punk fights for a title in under 5 fights. What other league can football washouts come in their 30s and infiltrate top 15 rankings?

It's not very hard to do that in MMA, the talent pool is incredibly small compared to other more established sports.

It doesn't mean that the UFC hasn't always had most of the best talent. It only means that MMA as a sport is very young and niche, even as it ages it will remain a niche sport with limited talent pool to choose from.

Not many people want to get punched, kicked, and choked for a living.

Ok, I can work with that, and agree with you.
But you have to concede that most of the "uneducated" people were UFC viewers and not really uneducated towards MMA. They knew UFC fighters, and even the fighters that fought at UFC and left for SF or other organizations.

Same as today, people who claim Ben Askren is a bum beating bums...

I think we are in agreement. lol

I remember when it was cool to hate on Strikeforce and people were glad it disappeared.

I never understood that.

Now I see those same people cheering Strikeforce fighters.

People, man.

whut?
RR was already the 135 champ at SF, prior to Zuffa's purchase.

LOL no she wasnt, Zuffa owned SF signed Ronda dude, Zuffa has been the ones who signed and developed Ronda from teh start.

Back