The Ghost of Strikeforce at its peak? -- .600 win% vs UFC, 60% UFC Belts, +Ronda/WMMA

I know it's picking knits but Lawler and Werdum can hardly be called "Strikeforce fighters" considering they were in UFC far before going there. I get the point, though.

They were ufc rejects who couldn't hack it in the big Leagues according to zuffa shills

Lawler was not that successful in Strikeforce.

Werdum and Lawler are former SF fighters but they were UFC fighters first.
They were SF fighters when the sale happened.

The UFC had to literally buy StrikeForce just to get these guys on the roster. They would not be on the roster if SF wasn't sold.

They are for sure SF fighters. If it was just about where you started out, Cain would be a SF fighter, which is a joke.

It's not complicated. Whoever came over with the merger was from SF.

Andrei is a bit of different story, he came over later. He is evidence as to how good the SF HW division was, but you can argue he wasn't a "SF fighter" for the purposes of comparing records.

The UFC had to literally buy StrikeForce just to get these guys on the roster. They would not be on the roster if SF wasn't sold.

Strikeforce had to literally sign Werdum just to get him on the roster...

How are Werdum or Lawler SF fighters? They're both signed to UFC and fought in UFC-owned orgs before Strikeforce and became known outside of Strikeforce.

These are easily up there for the dumbest threads ever. Fighters are fighters for the current org they fight in and do not go into the fight representing defunct promotions.

Well you can't have a divisive UFC fallacy laden thread without out it.

The best indicator of quality is the fact that the UFC bought them.

Pride and StrikeForce getting absorbed into the UFC borg cube tells you that they were legit competition and had a quality stable of fighters.

You can skip all the promotional word play from Dana and just pay attention to their actions. Those buys brought in a ton of material for UFC Fight Pass and squashed any future competition.

The real bush leagues are WSOF and Bellator.

I don't know why you'd think that Werdum and Lawler were Strikeforce fighters when they originated in the UFC.

In my opinion they started off in the better org, had set backs, fixed their games in a minor league, and then came back stronger for it. Had they never originally been in the UFC they would not have likely done as well.

Meaning, their previous UFC experience made them the UFC champions of today not Strikeforce. If anything they became big fish in a smaller pond (Strikeforce) and then came back to be big fish in the biggest pond in the game (UFC).

The cage warriors fighters signed by UFC in the past 2 years are like 35-2

Last edited:
Not exactly since people were claiming "they were not UFC material" and that's why they were fighting at SF...
"he couldn't make it in the UFC" was the common statement...

now trying to reclaim they were UFC fighters would be revisionism IMO (not by you, mind you).

Well I think everyone figured Robbie was kinda shot at that point lol. Nobody expected him to start going beast mode again.

As for Werdum, anybody who thought he couldn't hack it was a damned fool.

always watched strikeforce...
miss it actually

Well I think everyone figured Robbie was kinda shot at that point lol. Nobody expected him to start going beast mode again.

As for Werdum, anybody who thought he couldn't hack it was a damned fool.

I agree on both accounts!
I always thought Werdum was better than he believed himself!
AFter Fedor (whom most called a fluke), his showing against AO... I was so mad! IMHO he was beating AO on the feet, but kept flopping back all the time!

I think since then he changed his approach.
Quite the opposite! His ground game allows him to be wreckless standing up. I mean, who will take him down anyway?? :)

As for Robbie, he was someone I liked and always rooted for.
It was a dark time when he was struggling at SF. But this time are all but forgoten IMO!

The last one is Jacare! I am frustrated that Luke leapfrogged him. But he will have his chance soon enough!

i stopped believe that who "ufc has all the best fighters in the world" bs a long time ago..

strikeforce came in and started cleaning house.. same thing can be said about the wec lw division... bellator may not have a lot of names, but they have some very quality talent that will rank at least in the top ten of their respective divisions.

Middleweight has made its biggest claim at Sforce/ ufc..,Luke,Souza,Mousasi and Yoel all top 5-6 at 185 and all 4 top 25 p4p in ufc latest rankings-wow.Not to mention Kennedy beat Bisping.If it were not for SForce, Bisping wouldve already got his title shot (and would ve lost in one sided fashion)

I remember Dana called it Strikefarce, so the tools on here adopted that name.

There is a lot revisionist history in here. Rousey had not even debuted in MMA before Strikeforce was bought out for one.

There is no such thing as Strikeforce fighters.

Its hard to call Werdum and Lawler SF guys when they both fought in the UFC before they did in SF.

Almost every main card of Strikeforce cards (pre Zuffa buyout) was made up almost entirely of guys that made their names in UFC/Elite and guys from Japan. Funny to call people "strikeforce fighters" but like Pride, it's biggest supporters today probably were not even watching. You can have 20 UFC fights and 1 Strikeforce fight and you are forever a "strikeforce fighter" here.

Back