The Ghost of Strikeforce at its peak? -- .600 win% vs UFC, 60% UFC Belts, +Ronda/WMMA

If Rockhold wins the title and Cormier somehow beats Jones, then it will of really peaked.

While UFC puts on Rory vs. Lawler, Cain vs. Werdum and Rockhold vs. Weidman, Coker has to satisfy himself by putting on Kimbo vs. Shamrock. I bet he cries himself to sleep every night.

Yup. I'm sure he does cry himself to sleep every night knowing he makes bank off of Kimbo/Shamrock/Ortiz etc.

IMHO it just comes to show those Zuffa Zombies that UFC is not that far apart from their competition as they always seem to claim.

I recall when I rather see a title unification between Luke and Silva, and people laughed at it, claiming Luke would never beat any top 10 in the UFC.

IMHO it just comes to show those Zuffa Zombies that UFC is not that far apart from their competition as they always seem to claim.

I recall when I rather see a title unification between Luke and Silva, and people laughed at it, claiming Luke would never beat any top 10 in the UFC.

They are a bit further ahead today but equally I do suspect there are more than a few fighters outside the UFC that can't get ranked due to inability to face big ranked names who could actually be competitive.

The typical UFC fanboy though is akin to a WWE fan though, not just brainwashed but actually WANTS to be brainwashed to the degree UFC hype being proven to be utter bullshit so many times makes no difference to them.

Strikeforce was awesome. I miss Mauro/Shamrock/Miletich

The obligatory:

How are Werdum or Lawler SF fighters? They're both signed to UFC and fought in UFC-owned orgs before Strikeforce and became known outside of Strikeforce.

These are easily up there for the dumbest threads ever. Fighters are fighters for the current org they fight in and do not go into the fight representing defunct promotions.

Of course there was talent in strikeforce. Just suprising Lawler turned out to be the best and not Gilbert or Diaz for example. Cormier wouldn't be champ if Jones didn't goof out.
Everyone wrote of Werdum and acted like he sucked before Nelson fight. That was obviously going to be a fail for these posters as Werdum has been a proven top fighter for such a long time.

Lol, you goof - 'Strikefarce' is the 'B-League'. They only put on 'mismatches' to make the cards exciting. Its packed full of 'overrated' 'can crushers' and 'UFC cast-offs' who would be 'exposed' if they ever 'stepped up' to the 'big show' against the 'new breed'

Not surprising to anyone with a brain. To be honest the whole thing is a little misleading. Overall, the elite of the UFC would have beaten the elite of Strikeforce at the time. However, plenty of people recognized there was some top level talent and prospects in Strikeforce.

The UFC cherry picked the best fighters from the start in 2011 and another 2 1/2 years have passed since Strikeforce was closed for good. In that time some have resurgences, some have developed from prospects into elite fighters and so on.

It should be noted that not a single of the men's champions are champions in the UFC or have ever won a UFC belt. Cormier possibly being the exception as GP winner. Things change pretty quickly in MMA. Always have and always will.

They are a bit further ahead today but equally I do suspect there are more than a few fighters outside the UFC that can't get ranked due to inability to face big ranked names who could actually be competitive.

The typical UFC fanboy though is akin to a WWE fan though, not just brainwashed but actually WANTS to be brainwashed to the degree UFC hype being proven to be utter bullshit so many times makes no difference to them.

Exactly.
I recall so many times people just resort to "he is not in the UFC, that means he only fight cans, and it is easy to look good doing it".
And while this might even have some truth in it, it is far from a foregone conclusion. Specially if you are talking about bigger promotions like it was with SF, or Bellator, WSOF, etc (nor your typical regional circuit).

Heck, Fedor, when he signed with StrikeForce, zuffa-zombies tried to claim he was afraid of fighting "real competition" in the UFC.... and let us recall that SF had a much better HW division than the UFC at that time! So much so, that Zuffa bought SF and the first thing they did was take the HW division in!

Not surprising to anyone with a brain. To be honest the whole thing is a little misleading. Overall, the elite of the UFC would have beaten the elite of Strikeforce at the time. However, plenty of people recognized there was some top level talent and prospects in Strikeforce.

The UFC cherry picked the best fighters from the start in 2011 and another 2 1/2 years have passed since Strikeforce was closed for good. In that time some have resurgences, some have developed from prospects into elite fighters and so on.

It should be noted that not a single of the men's champions are champions in the UFC or have ever won a UFC belt. Cormier possibly being the exception as GP winner. Things change pretty quickly in MMA. Always have and always will.

That is BS and you know it.
Luke is about to fight Weidman.
DC is your champ
Werdum is your champ (and he was climbing the ranks in SF already).
Ronda was already their Champ.
Lawler was struggling st SF. And this is not demerit at all!
Shields is/was a top talent, even in the UFC. Same for Jacare (next in line for the belt after Luke).
Even Tim Kennedy grew in SF and had success in the UFC.

Claiming "fighters change" is asinine.
the fact their top are fighting for the belt or holding the belt shows they are indeed as talented as the UFC counterparts.

The fact they signed with zuffa holds no meaning why they are succeeding right now. They were already talented to begin with.

This is why I chose my username, every major org and some non major ones have great fighters. When I first joined everyone was talking about how much better UFC fighters were than WEC and Strikeforce fighters.

I know it's picking knits but Lawler and Werdum can hardly be called "Strikeforce fighters" considering they were in UFC far before going there. I get the point, though.

I know it's picking knits but Lawler and Werdum can hardly be called "Strikeforce fighters" considering they were in UFC far before going there. I get the point, though.

Not exactly since people were claiming "they were not UFC material" and that's why they were fighting at SF...
"he couldn't make it in the UFC" was the common statement...

now trying to reclaim they were UFC fighters would be revisionism IMO (not by you, mind you).

Strikeforce fighters have more than held their own against "the UFC."

Not on Georges' watch...

 GSP defeated the Strikeforce WW & MW champs (Diaz & Shields); he beat three WEC WW champs (Karo, Carlos & Nick); and the EliteXC, Shooto and Rumble on the Rock champ (Jake Shields)
 He routed seven fighters that have received votes on the Yahoo writer's poll for P4P best

I mean, it shows how idiotic all those "Strikefarce" claims were. It also shows how silly the whole "UFC fighters are the best" idea is.

It's also why I believe other organizations are important. SF fostered these fighters. Without SF, it's debatable if someone like Rousey would have ever become famous.

You know what's idiotic.

Claiming Werdum and Robbie as Strikeforce fighters when they did most of their work outside of Strikeforce.

I really loved strikeforce, hope to see Rockhold or Jacara or even Romero won the belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back