The Ghost of Strikeforce at its peak? -- .600 win% vs UFC, 60% UFC Belts, +Ronda/WMMA

CoffeeAndBeer

OG from 1993
@Silver
Reaction score
Are we at the high watermark of what the collective former Strikeforce fighters achievement?

Strikeforce fighters have more than held their own against "the UFC." In fact of the Major Event/Main Card fighters (excld Challengers or Prelimers) Strikeforce currently own a 90-61-1 Win-Record (since the Jake Shields-Dan Henderson kickoff point).

Strikeforce fighters vs UFC: 90-61-1
(Only full-fledged SF fighters; fought on the Main Card of Major Events; e.g. Jake Shields, Fabricio Werdum, Shane del Rosario, Nah-shon Burrell)

Strikeforce Minor Leaguers: 28-37-1
SF Prelimers: 20-26-0
(e.g. Bobby Green, Yoel Romero, Quinn Mulhern, Josh Cholish)
SF Challengers: 8-11-1
(e.g. Bobby Voelker, Shawn Jordan, Milton Vieria)

Zuffaforce (post-2012 debuts): 3-11
(e.g. Bristol Marunde, Nandor Guelmino, Estevan Payan, Adriano Martins)

Strikeforce leftovers/others: 18-19-0
(e.g. Arlovski, Kawajiri, Chris Cope, Dustin Ortiz, Ron Stalling -- not directly joining the UFC after SF)

note: Since Shields>Hendo as the line of demarcation between SF/UFC

Of the weight classes that both the UFC and Strikeforce had -- LW to HW -- "Strikeforce guys" own 60% of the Titles, 3 of 5 of the 'Belts.'

picture.php

And then there's Ronda and WMMA in general...

097d2aa0-f8e3-11e4-993c-ad2d3df8f3a5_Screen-Shot-2015-05-12-at-1-10-37-PM.png

Is this "The Ghost of Strikeforce" at it's height, right now?
Or has it yet to peak?!

Not fully updated, but...

Tonight Strikeforce goes: 1-1-1*

I mean, it shows how idiotic all those "Strikefarce" claims were. It also shows how silly the whole "UFC fighters are the best" idea is.

It's also why I believe other organizations are important. SF fostered these fighters. Without SF, it's debatable if someone like Rousey would have ever become famous.

How is Barnett a "Strikeforce fighter" if he fought in the UFC beforehand and won a title?

That's pretty crazy. Strikeforce had some of the best heavier guys come over.

People used to make fun of Strikeforce but I've always been a supporter, enjoyed watching it more than UFC sometimes.

They had women fighting and their announcers were different in a good way, they had the ramp walk out, brighter ring and they didn't allow elbows till i think till UFC bought them. Heavy Weight Grand PRix was awesome to.

Bellator needs to change their name I think and they need more events, Tito Ortiz and those big stars i believe are asking for too much money so Bellator can only hold 1 event a month to build up enough cash to pay guys like Tito there.

I mean, it shows how idiotic all those "Strikefarce" claims were. It also shows how silly the whole "UFC fighters are the best" idea is.

It's also why I believe other organizations are important. SF fostered these fighters. Without SF, it's debatable if someone like Rousey would have ever become famous.

Yep, Dana Baldfather showing his colors once again. It's Strikefarce until he owns it and now their fighters are running roughshod all over the UFC roster. Will Dana Baldfather ever tire of the taste of crow?

The point isn't where they fought most, the point is that at one point these skilled fighters who are currently still relevant were at one point fighting under other banners, which speaks to the greater point that there have been other orgs with talent on par with or very very closely behind the UFC. It is mentioned to refute the claim that the UFC is the only place the best have ever fought, and that wins outside the org are somehow not relevant.

big props to strikeforce but it was absorbed at the right time
most of these fighters got a new fire when they got to the ufc

Fans love to showcase the stats of SF fighters who 'made it' and embarrassed their UFC counterparts but also go strangely quiet when the reverse happens. What about the Melendez's, Mousasi's, Diaz's.

Lol, you goof - 'Strikefarce' is the 'B-League'. They only put on 'mismatches' to make the cards exciting. Its packed full of 'overrated' 'can crushers' and 'UFC cast-offs' who would be 'exposed' if they ever 'stepped up' to the 'big show' against the 'new breed'…. Just a 'bush league' org

Fans love to showcase the stats of SF fighters who 'made it' and embarrassed their UFC counterparts but also go strangely quiet when the reverse happens. What about the Melendez's, Mousasi's, Diaz's.

All accounted for, bud.

Strikeforce had an extremely deep roster that entertained the fans greatly. I loved the promotion and this does not surprise me in the least.

I preferred strikeforce over the UFC

I like the thread and this seems to be what happens when every major org folds and the UFC gets their fighters. Pride and WEC fighters had/have some great success. Not all of them obviously but champs have come from all the big orgs that this happens to. Not that I would wish it on a company but I'd like to see what WSOF guys can do in the UFC as it seems like a company that may not be doing great. Moraes (Sp?), Gaeje (Sp?), Palhares, Shields, Ivanov, Rama, etc seem like they can make an impact.

Werdum and Lawler are former SF fighters but they were UFC fighters first.

While UFC puts on Rory vs. Lawler, Cain vs. Werdum and Rockhold vs. Weidman, Coker has to satisfy himself by putting on Kimbo vs. Shamrock. I bet he cries himself to sleep every night.

The Strike Force fighters are for real, so many top fighters.

Especially at Middleweight, they're really Weidmans only threats.

I bet the owners are kicking themselves for selling it.

Inb4...

Werdum improved drastically when he got to the UFC
Reem was on horsemeat
Fedor fought a tire mechanic
Cormier was an unknown prospect
Arlovski improved drastically when he got to the UFC
Herschel Walker
All of Bigfoot's UFC wins were flukes and he was on trt
Fedor got KO'd by a mw

While UFC puts on Rory vs. Lawler, Cain vs. Werdum and Rockhold vs. Weidman, Coker has to satisfy himself by putting on Kimbo vs. Shamrock. I bet he cries himself to sleep every night.

IIRC he owned part of Strikeforce, he got paid very well at the sale.

thats an interesting way of manipulating numbers ts.

time to move on from the strikeforce vs ufc comparisons imo. the fighters from sf just proved what most already knew, that the best fighters in the world are never all going to be under one roof no matter how hard the ufc tries.

Who is he going to fight in StrikeForce? Listen.. Strikeforce is a small, little, regional show and they put fights in San Jose, who is he going to fight there?

Who's their other champion? Alistair Overeem? He hasn't defended the belt in like two years. It's Strike-Farce. It's a little regional show with no one in it.

I’ve said this guy was a fake, a phony and a farce and he proved it last weekend.

Back