The Gerbil Rolling with a Student

Cool video, thanks for posting! It seems like nothing but I really like how in most of the video, your looking completely away from your partner. You're really focusing on just feeling the position, looks very natural.

LoL thanks. I've actually been accused of being disrespectful, or not taking people seriously when I do that, but even against people better then me I do that.

It was something that I picked up early in my training while guard passing. People always get in that bad habit of looking down at their opponent as if they need to know where they are. If they have their legs around you and they are using grips, then you know where everything is by default and looking at them doesnt help you at all, on the contrary it actually breaks your posture :(

Thanks for noticing.

LoL thanks. I've actually been accused of being disrespectful, or not taking people seriously when I do that, but even against people better then me I do that.

It was something that I picked up early in my training while guard passing. People always get in that bad habit of looking down at their opponent as if they need to know where they are. If they have their legs around you and they are using grips, then you know where everything is by default and looking at them doesnt help you at all, on the contrary it actually breaks your posture :(

Thanks for noticing.

I do the same thing and it does seem to bother people. I even close my eyes sometimes while rolling(i don't keep them closed during the whole roll). It was just something i started doing and i don't know why. It makes me feel better that someome on your level does it as well.

Thanks man! Keep them coming. Can't wait to see those with the purples and above, sometimes I'd rather watch higher belts spar with each other than compete!

Back