The geniuses I work with

I would hate that guys guts. I am terrified of leaving my desktop up for reasons just like that. It's a shame you have to worry about things like that. Pretty weak of your supervisor to handle it that way.

I have to deal with landscaping people and others of the sort. And my boss who enjoys acting like he's extremely knowledgeable about inventory management has no clue what he's doing. Everything he tells me not to do, he does. And he can't ever find anything in our system or warehouse.

Hold Ctrl, Alt, and the Down key to flip his screen 180 degrees. It's a mind fuck.

If that doesn't work just Google how to do it for whatever computer it's for.

Hold Ctrl, Alt, and the Down key to flip his screen 180 degrees. It's a mind fuck.

If that doesn't work just Google how to do it for whatever computer it's for.
I work with people who can speak well, but are not the most tech savvy, and I have had to save many a speaker when they were trying to switch between multiple desktops, and instead put in that keyboard shortcut. They freeze and don't know what to do. Insane.

I work with people who can speak well, but are not the most tech savvy, and I have had to save many a speaker when they were trying to switch between multiple desktops, and instead put in that keyboard shortcut. They freeze and don't know what to do. Insane.
I told my dad about it after my sister and I figured out how to flip my brother's Mac screen. He said the guy at work he tried it on was too timid to phone IT and he worked on something else for the rest of the day until my dad let him in on what he did lol.

Go on his computer and take a screenshot of his desktop. Then set it as his wallpaper and hide all his icons.

+1. I've been doing this for 15+ years.

Ctrl + Alt + Del

Select "Lock this computer"
Windows Key + L = lock comp. shortcut.

Either way, this is the way to go. Luckily I haven't had a severity like in the OP, a co-worker used my machine when I was in the can. Did this ever since.

Introduce him to the jab before bringing in the uppercut.

Google at your own risk. Don't forget to check out "Hai2U," "Blue Waffle," "Special Fried Rice," and "JarSquatter."

You're welcome.

Thanks bro, bored at work..Will check these out!

How do you lose an e-mail? Just about every client saves it to a draft after a minute.

Ive posted before about my potentially alcoholic colleague who managed to rack up $11-12k of damages to company property across 5 separate incidents in his first 2 months.

I left my computer earlier today, had 7-8 windows open, programs, emails etc.
I came back 5 mins later and my computer was off.
Not knowing why i restart it. As its booting up, this guy tells me as he walks past "oh, yeah, i tried to download some photos onyour computer and it just crashed, sorry haha". He adds a nervous "haha" to the end of pretty much every sentence and it infuriates me also. I lost a big chunk of an email i was writing with links to various projects in it, and about 10 mins work on a plan.

Director is super non-confrontational and has left us with this guy to "sort it out amongst yourselves". Doesnt look like theyre going to fire him.

Anyway, theres another guy whos confounded me today.

I got a bounce email from the personal email address of ine of my other colleagues on my own account.

The email bounced because he attempted to send himself a shortcut to one of our CAD programs and the server figured it may have been a virus.

From what ive gathered so far - he thought that if he sent himself the icon, he could download it at home and use the software for his own work on the side. I think he did it from my account while i was out in order to avoid suspicion.

This guy has 2 science based degrees.

FML.

Hey, guy, who are you trying to fool. You do not work with geniuses. You do not work at an Apple store. You are a fraud!!!

When we use equipment from work, we mist charge it at home before returning it the next morning. Standard procedure.

My equipment was lefr on my desk this morning with a note "forgot to charge, sorry".

So now im stalling a client while my controller charges in the car. Shes making me a coffee. Not all bad i guess.

Could you guys put up with this stuff constantly happening?

Lock your computer man. People will always mess with you if you don't. I've had my background changed, language changed, and mouse buttons reversed. Best one though, was where the guy took a picture of my initial screen (I was in excel) and he changed it to my background. Looked exactly like the screen I left and I thought my computer crashed as i could not minus out of the screen. Haven't forgot to lock my computer for like 5 years now

Dude, i will never get tired of saying this, having a college degree doesnt mean you are not a dumbass motherfucker

Back