The GAA Thread

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Well, now. This thread might die a death almost immediately, because I am not sure how many Irish guys post on here (I know there are a fair few on the site overall though) but here we go. A thread to talk a bit about Gaelic sports. :icon_chee

Galway-Tipperary semi-final in the Hurling tomorrow. If there is anyone else out there haha, how do you see it going? Tipp would have to be the favourites you'd say, everyone has been talking about how inconsistent Galway are, but if they turn up it should be a quality game like. Two teams with good sets of forwards. Tipp have a tighter defence mind, and some people have been saying Galway are a bit shaky at the back, should be interesting in any case. I like Nicky English's article in the Irish Times: - http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gae...-the-foundation-for-a-tipperary-win-1.2317283

Any non-Irish here that like football or hurling? I'd be surprised if there were any on Sherdog like, but I know there are some clubs in the US and such.

Well, now. This thread might die a death almost immediately, because I am not sure how many Irish guys post on here (I know there are a fair few on the site overall though) but here we go. A thread to talk a bit about Gaelic sports. :icon_chee

Galway-Tipperary semi-final in the Hurling tomorrow. If there is anyone else out there haha, how do you see it going? Tipp would have to be the favourites you'd say, everyone has been talking about how inconsistent Galway are, but if they turn up it should be a quality game like. Two teams with good sets of forwards. Tipp have a tighter defence mind, and some people have been saying Galway are a bit shaky at the back, should be interesting in any case. I like Nicky English's article in the Irish Times: - http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gae...-the-foundation-for-a-tipperary-win-1.2317283

Any non-Irish here that like football or hurling? I'd be surprised if there were any on Sherdog like, but I know there are some clubs in the US and such.

You are like me and like a number of different codes, I find coming from Newcastle most people are just tunnel visioned Soccer fans who don't give the time or day for other sports.

Mon The Saffrons!!! :)

Didn't see the match but read about it & my brother, who's still living there was telling me about it on the phone. Catch it yourself?

Someone else... haha

giphy.gif

Mon the Saffrons indeed! :icon_chee

As far the Tipp-Galway game...It was a brilliant game so it was, you should definitely watch it if you can get on youtube (Or maybe you can bypass the geoblock and watch it on RTE player).

Made a few GIFs as well:

Joe Canning's first goal -

giphy.gif

His second goal -

giphy.gif

His third:

giphy.gif

Nice Tipp point:

giphy.gif

Nice Galway point:

giphy.gif

Galways winning point at the death!

giphy.gif

Joe Canning from the sideline:
giphy.gif

Some big hits too:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Full thing is up on Youtube now as well. If any Americans, or anyone else was wondering what hurling was then this'd be a quare game to watch :)

[YT]Z6OJm6mQV7Q[/YT]

You are like me and like a number of different codes, I find coming from Newcastle most people are just tunnel visioned Soccer fans who don't give the time or day for other sports.

Yeah I like a lot of codes, some more casually than others obviously.

Thought we had something going for a moment there Clumseygenius...

127.gif

Kerry vs Tyrone in the football this weekend which should be good, not really sure who I want to win that. Looking forward to the Mayo-Dublin game the week after much more though, hope Mayo can go all the way even if it's unlikely...

I was reading that Cricket was bigger then Hurling/Shinty in the middle 1800's ? before the GAA came about.

Back