The Futurama Question

Well, learning a new language isn't that big of a deal. I've considered moving to countries that I don't speak the language before. I was in Brazil just about a month, and it was quite surprising how much Portuguese I picked up. I'd also imagine that even with the evolved English it very likely will still have it's similarities. Foodwise, I think it would be more weird than you not being able to eat it. Obviously, you would never really fit in, but at the same time they might have many people from ours and other times that were frozen. They may even have programs to make it easier. It's really impossible to tell.

Wtf, did everyone forget about this one?

tumblr_lqe4jw96R81qihq07o1_400.jpg

nvm
Don't forget the one with the seven-leaf clover. That one gets me every time.

Last edited:
Can you name a single language spoken in a first world country that existed in a recognizable manner 1000 years ago? You'll have a hard time.

Language is constantly evolving. Words and dialects are constantly evolving. 1,000 years from now, you likely won't be able to communicate at all. Even grammar is in constant evolution.

If you were to back even a few hundred years, you'd have a hard time communicating, and that's considering the fact that we have been studying the language in antiquated form for a very long time. Good luck expecting anyone back then to understand you. A thousand years in the future, where you're the one who has no clue? You're gonna have a bad time.

As for diet, in a thousand years, I doubt it will be anything like ours. A lot more synthetic.

The Icelandic people speak ancient Norse/old Norse language.
They can still read texts that are around 1100 years old.

In my current case, no way. I feel I have a decent life. If I was in a similar position as Fry where I was completely broke with no friends, HELL YES!!! Nothing better than starting a new. Also, you would be amazed by everything much as he is. It would be like being a little kid all over again.

Exactly. I've always wanted to experience life as a little kid again. Plus I'd be old enough to realize I should do drugs while I enjoy that experience.

And to the guy saying it would probably be bad or whatever, I don't think so. You have to think of how crazy the changes have been. Now that the world is so much more connected I think there will eventually be a few set languages that are considered official. Maybe by 1000 years from now even an official language.

Of course, there would likely be aliens and that would throw a twist. I think it would still be worth it, considering the world is at least as good as it is now and you can fit in to some comfortable degree. You likely wouldn't be the only transplant from a previous time though, so there would probably be some weird "welcome to the year 3012!" tutorial.

I just want to say Futurama > Family Guy

you don't need to say, that shit is too obvious. It's like saying a threesome with two hot chicks is better than jacking off.

you don't need to say, that shit is too obvious. It's like saying a threesome with two hot chicks is better than jacking off.

sadly you and i are in the minority, i believe

Without hesitation. I really, really enjoy my life currently, but usually when we view the past it seems almost not worth living in because of the technologies of the future (well, present I guess). Also, when there's any chance that space exploration has boomed, you get the chance for space cowboys - my six year old self is pleased.

I think the major con we're forgetting is: what if those bastards blew it up? You see the statue coming out of the ground and you knew they blew it up.

Without hesitation. I really, really enjoy my life currently, but usually when we view the past it seems almost not worth living in because of the technologies of the future (well, present I guess). Also, when there's any chance that space exploration has boomed, you get the chance for space cowboys - my six year old self is pleased.

I think the major con we're forgetting is: what if those bastards blew it up? You see the statue coming out of the ground and you knew they blew it up.

Or the human race is enslaved by an ancient alien race. Could be a terminator future where robots have AI and are in the process of exterminating humans.

bang Amy, hang with Bender, watch Zoidberg be Zoidberg, sit around in my underwear eating bachelor chow, don't forget that bank account you've had for a 1,000 years. What's not to like.

Jurassic Bark was a real buzz kill. They are really good at music score to scenes like that to make you feel like complete shit.

I'd certainly be the best historian of the late 20th century/early 21st century.

So what? No one would believe you.

"White people used to rule the earth".

"BWAHAHAHHAHH!"

But yes, I would. It's a "menial job" by their standards, but your still an intergalactic delivery boy

Back