The Futurama Question

I felt nothing with Jurassic Bark

But the episode where Leela finds her parents and it ends on a montage of them secretly taking care of her as she grew up - tears in my eyes every time

I felt nothing with Jurassic Bark

But the episode where Leela finds her parents and it ends on a montage of them secretly taking care of her as she grew up - tears in my eyes every time

Same. re-watched Jurassic Bark a while back and it wasn't as sad as i remembered, i attribute it to the song......but dat Leela ending..

Hermes and baby Bender too.

Last edited:
I just want to say Futurama > Family Guy

Same. re-watched Jurassic Bark a while back and it wasn't as sad as i remembered, i attribute it to the song......but dat Leela ending..

Hermes and baby Bender too.

Don't forget the one with the seven-leaf clover. That one gets me every time.

wtf were they thinking making that episode?! "Hey let's make everybody cry and feel like shit."

Will not watch that episode EVER again.

poor dog :icon_cry2

it's definitely not homo to admit crying to this show

It was a fantastic and well written episode but it was incredibly sad. First time I ever cried watching a tv show

first time i ever thought about wanting to get a dog

Don't forget the one with the seven-leaf clover. That one gets me every time.

Considering the TS said we would basically have Fry's life, this response plus the Leela one and the Jurassic Bark turned me from a "fuck yeah I would" to a "hell no..now leave me alone to weep in peace".

Considering the TS said we would basically have Fry's life, this response plus the Leela one and the Jurassic Bark turned me from a "fuck yeah I would" to a "hell no..now leave me alone to weep in peace".
You wouldn't necessarily have his life. The pros/cons are only possibilities. So choose wisely.

So everyone has watched Futurama and knows how Fry came to be in the future (falling into a cryogenic pod for a 1,000 years). My question to you is, would you willingly freeze yourself for a 1,000 years in a similar fashion?

Pros:
- See all the cool technology of the future without the wait
- Aliens walking among us, part of society
- Bender
- Banging one eye'd mutants

Cons:
- Everyone you know is dead
- Stuck in a menial job
- No money (unless you check up on your 1,000 year old bank account)
- Never really fitting into society because you are literally from a different time and will never fit.

So, who are the takers?

If the interest rates and inflation are like they were in futerama. Hell yes. Fry went from having $0.93 to 4.3 billion, and the value of the dollar seemed to stay about the same.

You wouldn't necessarily have his life. The pros/cons are only possibilities. So choose wisely.

Then yes. So much yes. Way to curious not to do it.

Play it cool, and saran wrap all you can. Like a 30th century man.

My question to you is, would you willingly freeze yourself for a 1,000 years in a similar fashion?

To be fair Fry never willingly got frozen. but if it happened to me i'd head for the first suicide booth.

I'd certainly be the best historian of the late 20th century/early 21st century.

In my current case, no way. I feel I have a decent life. If I was in a similar position as Fry where I was completely broke with no friends, HELL YES!!! Nothing better than starting a new. Also, you would be amazed by everything much as he is. It would be like being a little kid all over again.

If we could guarantee it was at least something like futurama?

Sure.

If I look at it from a realistic perspective where I won't even recognize the language, be able to assimilate to the culture, or even live off of their diets? No fucking way.

If we could guarantee it was at least something like futurama?

Sure.

If I look at it from a realistic perspective where I won't even recognize the language, be able to assimilate to the culture, or even live off of their diets? No fucking way.

Why would you not recognize the language or be able to live off the diet? It's perfectly plausible that English and many other languages would still be commonly spoke. Also, as long as the main species is still human, you will most likely be able to live off the diet. Some adjustment might be necessary at first, because I imagine food supply would be different. It would still be edible for you.

Why would you not recognize the language or be able to live off the diet? It's perfectly plausible that English and many other languages would still be commonly spoke. Also, as long as the main species is still human, you will most likely be able to live off the diet. Some adjustment might be necessary at first, because I imagine food supply would be different. It would still be edible for you.

Can you name a single language spoken in a first world country that existed in a recognizable manner 1000 years ago? You'll have a hard time.

Language is constantly evolving. Words and dialects are constantly evolving. 1,000 years from now, you likely won't be able to communicate at all. Even grammar is in constant evolution.

If you were to back even a few hundred years, you'd have a hard time communicating, and that's considering the fact that we have been studying the language in antiquated form for a very long time. Good luck expecting anyone back then to understand you. A thousand years in the future, where you're the one who has no clue? You're gonna have a bad time.

As for diet, in a thousand years, I doubt it will be anything like ours. A lot more synthetic.

Can you name a single language spoken in a first world country that existed in a recognizable manner 1000 years ago? You'll have a hard time.

Language is constantly evolving. Words and dialects are constantly evolving. 1,000 years from now, you likely won't be able to communicate at all. Even grammar is in constant evolution.

If you were to back even a few hundred years, you'd have a hard time communicating, and that's considering the fact that we have been studying the language in antiquated form for a very long time. Good luck expecting anyone back then to understand you. A thousand years in the future, where you're the one who has no clue? You're gonna have a bad time.

As for diet, in a thousand years, I doubt it will be anything like ours. A lot more synthetic.

you paint a pretty good picture, maybe you should write some sci-fi stuff

Back