The Fury-Wilder fight was... terrible?

I prefer technique and speed over weight and height any day. I would rather watch flyweight than heavy
So is this just a current HW reaction then? Because history is packed with fast, technical HWs.

Fury played safely and boring and Wilder is well...wild. But considering that Wilder is a quite skinny HW and Fury had 45 or 50 pounds on him, Wilder is the moral winner for getting 2 knockdowns against a much bigger opponent.

I think both lost.. morally.

So is this just a current HW reaction then? Because history is packed with fast, technical HWs.

They are lousy these days, unfortunately. Talent pool just isn't there.

Wladimir was a pretty technical HW.
I dont know if you watch kickboxing, but for example, I didnt like Semmy Schilt (former k1 and glory champion) too much as the dude was 2.13 meters had a reach of 224 cm and was 130 kgs. It isnt fair for him to fight technical guys like Ernesto who are less than 2 meters and less than 100 kg.

I dont know if you watch kickboxing, but for example, I didnt like Semmy Schilt (former k1 and glory champion) too much as the dude was 2.13 meters had a reach of 224 cm and was 130 kgs. It isnt fair for him to fight technical guys like Ernesto who are less than 2 meters and less than 100 kg.

I did follow K1. Semmi was a notoriously poor technician. Most had good boxing fundamentals.

Last edited:
I did follow K1. Semmi was a notoriously poor technician. Most had good boxing fundamentals.
Frankly, it's impossible to be that coordinate in kickboxing when the person is that big, any move becomes telegraphed.

Frankly, it's impossible to be that coordinate in kickboxing when the person is that big, any move becomes telegraphed.
Lol, the opponent has an hour to react when you try to kick with that height and weight. However, if you are caught with a solid kick or solid punch, you are done.

I agree that most had good boxing fundamentals. Dutch-style kickboxing is mainly a bunch of good punches that end with a single kick. Unlike Muay Thai which has more kicks. So good boxing fundamentals were necessary under glory and k1 rules that gave more points to punches thn kicks like in Thai point system

I found Lennox Lewis post fight interview interesting. He was talking about how hard it is to get a decision in the US against an American.

I found Lennox Lewis post fight interview talking about how hard it is to get S decision in the US against an American.

Was it lost, or did you miss some words from that?

I found Lennox Lewis post fight interview interesting. He was talking about how hard it is to get a decision in the US against an American.

I think he's full of shit on that front, he was extremely lucky he got the decision against Mercer, in a fight i thought at the time he lost.

He only got jobbed once against Holyfield, and some even argue he got a bit lucky in the rematch.

Lennox tends to talk out of his ass a lot now he isnt punching people in the face for a living.

FIghts in America that went to points: 6

Lennox W5 L0 D1

That fight was awesome. Fury does need to let his hands go more if he wants to win the rematch though.

Actually if you didn't like that fight just find a different forum to post on.

Also AJ is #3 currently until he steps up to the plate.

It wasn't amazing but it was a solid entertaining fight. They both have room to improve and hopefully this was what they needed to do so.

I thought it was a great match up. Contrasting styles, boxer against puncher.

Back