The Fury-Wilder fight was... terrible?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From a technical perspective that is. I dunno, maybe my memory of Fury is a bit romantic but while he is still devilishly good defensively, his general movement looked about as bad as the modern HW Boxing in general. Wilder is a very gifted power puncher but STILL struggled.. and he is supposed to destroy a peak Mike Tyson?

Last edited:
Fury is a very gifted power puncher? Did you typo and mean Wilder?

Fury's one of the best movers in the division currently. He's not a power puncher.

As a fan of Fury I enjoyed the fight, other than the result, which was laughable. Had I been neutral I doubt I would be happy about staying up till 6am to watch this fight. Fury just isn't that aesthetically pleasing as a fighter. Joshua vs Wlad has been the best HW fight in the last few years though imo

From a technical perspective that is. I dunno, maybe my memory of Fury is a bit romantic but while he is still devilishly good defensively, his general movement looked about as bad as the modern HW Boxing in general. Wilder is a very gifted power puncher but STILL struggled.. and he is supposed to destroy a peak Mike Tyson?

Fuck are you talking about? His awkward style is what makes him great. Nothing wrong with it from a technical standpoint, except Wilders punches and footwork being fairly sloppy, and him not being as good as Fury in general.

Fuck are you talking about? His awkward style is what makes him great. Nothing wrong with it from a technical standpoint, except Wilders punches and footwork being fairly sloppy, and him not being as good as Fury in general.

He didn't look like he did against Wlad. I say he is far away from his peak and would lose to Joshua

He didn't look like he did against Wlad. I say he is far away from his peak and would lose to Joshua

He's been out for a hot minute, looked awful against his two "warmups" too. He still boxed beautifully for a big man, though he did look a bit stiff. He can most defo beat Joshua, who's overrated as all hell

He can most defo beat Joshua, who's overrated as all hell

If you got that from watching the Wilder vs Fury fight you've got to be joking.

Wilder was 209 lbs in the ring, Joshua will be 250 lbs. If Wilder can hit Fury you can be damn certain Joshua can and Fury doesn't get up again when Joshua hits him and if he does once he goes straight back down and doesn't get out of the round.

The big winner from Fury vs Wilder is Joshua as you can see how much better he is than either of them.

How the fuck is he overrated too? And compared to who? He's had fewer fights than all the other top HWs and achieved more against tougher opposition. Overrated, you don't even know what the word means.

Wilder was 209 lbs in the ring, Joshua will be 250 lbs. If Wilder can hit Fury you can be damn certain Joshua can and Fury doesn't get up again when Joshua hits him and if he does once he goes straight back down and doesn't get out of the round.

The big winner from Fury vs Wilder is Joshua as you can see how much better he is than either of them.

How the fuck is he overrated too? And compared to who? He's had fewer fights than all the other top HWs and achieved more against tougher opposition. Overrated, you don't even know what the word means.

His boxing skills are not good at all. Wait and see.

Lol @ thinking Fury is easily put out by anyone. He just ate the biggest punches in the world and got up from having his lights literally put out.

Give due credit. Fury is as tough as they come.

Heavyweight fights are always mehhh. Without any weight limits, it gets boring too watch.

Heavyweight fights are always mehhh. Without any weight limits, it gets boring too watch.

Your kidding right? Watch equally matched technical middle and flyweights... looks more like fencing.. No blood.

Your kidding right? Watch equally matched technical middle and flyweights... looks more like fencing.. No blood.
I prefer technique and speed over weight and height any day. I would rather watch flyweight than heavy

8rWSPVW.gif

Fury played safely and boring and Wilder is well...wild. But considering that Wilder is a quite skinny HW and Fury had 45 or 50 pounds on him, Wilder is the moral winner for getting 2 knockdowns against a much bigger opponent.

Back