The funniest part of the Montreal Screwjob imo

never put much thought into it but you're right. his buddies were all down there anyways. we coulda got more bret and austin matches, bret and the rock. who knows.

Owen not being stuck as the Blue Blazer....
Angle vs Bret.... (Healthy non concussed veteran Bret vs rookie Angle still would've made money)

Owen not being stuck as the Blue Blazer....
Angle vs Bret.... (Healthy non concussed veteran Bret vs rookie Angle still would've made money)
owen was misused even when they had a weak roster. i know he didnt want the belt and didnt want to have that responsiblity and increased schedule, but i always thought about if they let him win the belt off of bret for a week or however long it was (instead of backlund) before having diesel beat him

owen was one of the top heels at the time and they could have just did a rematch at survivor series, where owen snakes and cheats his way into getting the belt. then you just do a rematch between the 2 at wrestlemania 11 6 months later, which is a rematch of one of the best WM matches ever. 1 year later, it sells itself.

bret hated the attitude era

how you gonna move forward being controversial and bold

when your world champion is some white meat babyface that doesn’t like edgy storylines and just wants to go over everyone

obviously wasn’t working in ‘96/97 vs WCW

gotta trim the fat babay
Bret’s heel run in ‘97 is legendary. The double-turn with Austin is arguably the single-biggest catalyst for Austin becoming the biggest name in the business. And Bret’s feud with DX is one of the best-executed angles in history.

Bret’s heel run in ‘97 is legendary. The double-turn with Austin is arguably the single-biggest catalyst for Austin becoming the biggest name in the business. And Bret’s feud with DX is one of the best-executed angles in history.

I agree. But what was he going to do next? What was left

I agree. But what was he going to do next? What was left

Pick your next AE star.

I'll look at the champs following SS97

Stone Cold: already proven to work

Kane I'll skip because it was so quick

Rock: The two most famous wrestling dynasties of all time feuding?....this could've been epic

Mankind: Heel Bret could've been very anti-hardcore in promos

Taker: We know they can work

HHH: do I need to even type it?

And that's just if Bret was still in the title picture for every champ. All he had to do was be the grumpy old GOAT on promos and his in ring talent would've elevated others.

Back