The French Dispatch

loyalyolayal

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The most Wes Anderson film that has Wes Anderson'd.

His signature aesthetics, formulaic quirkiness, & poignant story telling like that of a slightly melodramatic Seinfeld plot is at it again.

Would still watch.

Idk who Wes Anderson is,
and that movie looks gay.

Absolutely the most Wes Anderson Wes Anderson movie. I’d call it a picturesque and romantic homage to something like 20th century leftism or postmodern intellectualism and art. The general cinematography is amazing the sets are complex and numerous. The dialogue is fast and clever and dry and hard to keep up with. There is far too much to see in one viewing. However in the first watch I found it to be very entertaining a joy to look at and a lot of fun. Fans of Anderson like me will love it and those who are not should at the least be able to appreciate the amount of work that goes into creating the stunning visual experience and the performances of the amazing cast. Great movie.

TS's name is a tongue twister, damn
Have you watched it yet? I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I went to see if there was a new episode of Real Time with Bill Maher and found that it was available on HBO max.

I liked each section of the movie, but together I think it’s no better than the sum of its parts. I generally don’t like anthology movies that much, I had a similar response to Buster Skruggs from the Coen Brothers, lots of interesting stuff but suffered from the lack of a strong unifying story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back