The Free Spending GOP at it again. US to borrow the most money since 2008

That's why we need Hillary, better yet Bernie. They would have balanced the budget by now.

even though obama did it, I oppose the GOP doing it. Bad form.
A guy buys a $100 samurai sword off eBay. When his wife complained about how irresponsible that was with their money, he informed her that she spent just as much on groceries last week so she should just stfu.

Shocking that this thread isnt too popular with conservatives. Shocking.

deficits are ok as long as they go towards bloated military budgets to use drones on brown pplz. Now use that money for universal health care or education and we gots a problem.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-treasury-borrowing-20180730-story.html

I thought Trump was going to balance the budget and get rid of the deficit.
Looks like the Republican party that bitched and moaned about deficits, are giant hypocrites.

The GOP has become a joke. The conservatives I grew up with, must be rolling in their graves, watching this group defend an adulterer and spend money like an NBA first round draft pick.

Oh he will. They will cut every single paid group benefit in existence next to "be responsible about the budget".

Maybe make some more cuts to consumer protections agensies, the EPA, forest service etc.

You know, all the unneeded stuff that gets in the way.of bussiness making profits that benefit everyone.. :(

Republicans have shifted so far to the right that they are cancer.

I forgot to mention SS cuts and raising gthe retirement age... That will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't, though.

For the vast majority of Republican voters and self-proclaimed "conservatives," this was always them. They never cared about budget balancing or fiscal conservatism. The last Republican to have any regard for those concepts was Dwight Eisenhower, and he was a pariah by the *real* conservatives because he was too far left.

Here's a good think piece on the part about Eisenhower: https://jacobinmag.com/2018/07/conservatism-gop-elections-republican-party

Bush 41 was a fiscal conservative.

Borrowing money and none of it going to our much needed infrastructure. Awesome

For at least the 4th time this week: The current batch of GOP have utterly abandoned conservative economic principles and their supporters are not calling them out on it as they should be due to the tribalism we're currently suffering from

It sucks. Seems people far more vote and care about social issues than the economic ones during elections. Republican voters are giving a pass to frankly liberal borrow and spend, and plugging their ears to it, so that they don't get stuck with crazy SJW policies and lose gun rights

For at least the 4th time this week: The current batch of GOP have utterly abandoned conservative economic principles and their supporters are not calling them out on it as they should be due to the tribalism we're currently suffering from

It sucks. Seems people far more vote and care about social issues than the economic ones during elections. Republican voters are giving a pass to frankly liberal borrow and spend, and plugging their ears to it, so that they don't get stuck with crazy SJW policies and lose gun rights

If the Democrats abandon the gun and bathroom-esque debates they should be able to clean house in national elections.

2016 in middle America will forever be known as the Great Bamboozling.

If the Democrats abandon the gun and bathroom-esque debates they should be able to clean house in national elections.

Nope, immigration is enough to have them voting red.

They probably won't, so they probably won't. As long as the loony left branch of the DNC and their supporters exists, it will be much tougher. Pronouns and safe spaces matter.

Dems getting rid of their identity politics would bring loads back. Agreed. Supporting the 2nd amendment as well would require Republicans to completely re-do their platform to get back into anything at all

Dems getting rid of their identity politics would bring loads back. Agreed. Supporting the 2nd amendment as well would require Republicans to completely re-do their platform to get back into anything at all

I won guns and dont think bathrooms should be made non gender specific. Still I cannot imagine abandoning the democratic party in favor of Republican policy over those two issues. It is unthinking to do so IMO and reflects a religious sort of affiliation with political party.....

Back