The Free Spending GOP at it again. US to borrow the most money since 2008

44nutman

The Original Nut of Sherdog
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-treasury-borrowing-20180730-story.html

I thought Trump was going to balance the budget and get rid of the deficit.
Looks like the Republican party that bitched and moaned about deficits, are giant hypocrites.

The GOP has become a joke. The conservatives I grew up with, must be rolling in their graves, watching this group defend an adulterer and spend money like an NBA first round draft pick.

Looks like the Republican party that bitched and moaned about deficits, are giant hypocrites.

The GOP has become a joke. The conservatives I grew up with, must be rolling in their graves, watching this group defend an adulterer and spend money like an NBA first round draft pick.
In before, "But...but...Obama!".

even though obama did it, I oppose the GOP doing it. Bad form.

The new round of tax breaks for the 1% that the President wants aren't going to help this. I guess we need to stay crouched at the edge of the table waiting for the trickle-down....

Annnnnnny day now....

The new round of tax breaks for the 1% that the President wants aren't going to help this. I guess we need to stay crouched at the edge of the table waiting for the trickle-down....

Annnnnnny day now....

What do you mean some guy got a one time 1000 dollar bonus for working wth a company for 20 years

Lulz

Also:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration came under pressure on Tuesday from both critics and allies over whether it should proceed with another tax cut for investors and do so without consulting the U.S. Congress.

A White House official confirmed that the U.S. Treasury is looking into the possibility of circumventing Congress to protect gains on capital assets from higher tax bills resulting from inflation. The New York Times reported on Monday that such a move could cut capital gains tax revenues by $100 billion.

“There has been a great deal of interest in this provision for a long time. Treasury is currently evaluating the economic impact and whether it can be achieved without legislation,” said White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...re-on-trump-administration-idUSKBN1KL31C?il=0

My god, when did you grow up? The 1950s?

even though obama did it, I oppose the GOP doing it. Bad form.

Obama recklessly borrowed and spent, against the wishes of all economists? And for the sole purpose of giving more money to rich people? And here I thought economists actually wanted him to borrow more, that the debt was inherited, and that the deficit was in perpetual free fall throughout the second half of his presidency? Hmmmm

Be dumber.

It’s soooo funny these jobbers are conveniently forgetting the greatest economic crash happening in 2008.

It’s so comical.

“Oh that, I forgot about that”

Comparing Obama deficit spending to Trump/Republican deficit spending is like comparing a medical amputation to cutting off your leg because you don't think the left side of your body deserves as many limbs as the right side.

It's almost like the deficit is there for the common folk to argue about, while the elite somehow set aside their differences and continue funding the same things

It's almost like the deficit is there for the common folk to argue about, while the elite somehow set aside their differences and continue funding the same things

they dont really fund the same things, though. except for the military.

Conservatives need to find another party.

They don't, though.

For the vast majority of Republican voters and self-proclaimed "conservatives," this was always them. They never cared about budget balancing or fiscal conservatism. The last Republican to have any regard for those concepts was Dwight Eisenhower, and he was a pariah by the *real* conservatives because he was too far left.

Here's a good think piece on the part about Eisenhower: https://jacobinmag.com/2018/07/conservatism-gop-elections-republican-party

They don't, though.

For the vast majority of Republican voters and self-proclaimed "conservatives," this was always them. They never cared about budget balancing or fiscal conservatism. The last Republican to have any regard for those concepts was Dwight Eisenhower, and he was a pariah by the *real* conservatives because he was too far left.

Here's a good think piece on the part about Eisenhower: https://jacobinmag.com/2018/07/conservatism-gop-elections-republican-party

Thanks. If they good I'm good.

Thanks. If they good I'm good.

It was kind of funny how, during the primary, there was a minority of Republicans in the public who represented themselves as being disgusted by Trump's antics and his utter incompetence. Now, he's the most popular president with his own party in modern history: he's more loved by Republicans than Obama or Clinton were by Democrats. And that group of Republicans, who we all thought would be considerable...like at least 10 or 20%, are about as fringe as communists, if not more so.

Annnnnnny day now....

Time to clogg the toilet...sorry i mean drain the swamp

Back