The four wrestlers who transitioned to MMA from the 2008 US olympic team are 31-0

US Olympic Team>>>>>>>>chute boxe
FACT

Cormier is already in the UFC. Ben Askren is the second closest to being in the UFC because he has fought better quality opponents. Henry Cejudo still needs a while to develop, he has only fought guys with horrible records. And Steve Mocco also needs to fight higher quality guys. Do all of these guys have the potential to do great in the UFC? Absolutely. But they need more time to develop their skills before they are thrown to the wolves.

Don't forget one member of the US Olympic Judo team is currently undefeated as well.

Cormier is already in the UFC. Ben Askren is the second closest to being in the UFC because he has fought better quality opponents. Henry Cejudo still needs a while to develop, he has only fought guys with horrible records. And Steve Mocco also needs to fight higher quality guys. Do all of these guys have the potential to do great in the UFC? Absolutely. But they need more time to develop their skills before they are thrown to the wolves.

Came here to say this^ but couldnt of said it much better

Chute Boxe is dead since a long time ago.
What do you see now is a poor shell of it

Today yes. However, the jury is still out on the Olympics guys. They still have a while to accomplish what Shogun, Wanderlei and Anderson have done. Let's wait and see what they do.

Wow....didnt know that. Pretty impressive.

Too bad Askren will get busted up once he fights some serious guys. Cormier i am confident will do well against whoever he fights.

Wrestling doesn't save lives, it destroys them. The lives of the poor fools who get matched up with them that is.

US Olympic Team>>>>>>>>chute boxe
FACT

Haha....how many titles have they held?? Have many faces have they caved in?

How many fans to they have??

Chute Boxe beats em in the cage.....and destroys em on the streets, lol

Sounds like Askren could be coming to the UFC soon... Looking forward to seeing how he does

The only impressive Olympian is Dan Cormier at this moment, he's actually fought good fighters. All the others have been fighting scrubs, granted I think they have a very good chance of being in the top 10 in their respected division given their work ethic, and I never rule anyone out of the top 10 to win the belt, but the chances are slim. There are a lot of variables in MMA to take into account, being a good wrestler is only going to take you so far at this point in time.

The more Olympic wrestlers that enter MMA, the more we need rules changed. MMA went from BJJ guys dominating because no one knew how to defend it to wrestlers dominating because no one can stop the takedown and it wins big points.

We need quicker stand ups and takedowns counting for very little unless you do something with it. If a wrestler is on top of a BJJ guy, who exactly is winning? That's the problem with scoring. It's a neutral position until something happens.

The more Olympic wrestlers that enter MMA, the more we need rules changed. MMA went from BJJ guys dominating because no one knew how to defend it to wrestlers dominating because no one can stop the takedown and it wins big points.

We need quicker stand ups and takedowns counting for very little unless you do something with it. If a wrestler is on top of a BJJ guy, who exactly is winning? That's the problem with scoring. It's a neutral position until something happens.

If you can't stop from getting taken down or do anything from the bottom I don't see why the ref should bail you out.

Too bad Askren doesn't know how to do much besides wrestle, and won't learn as long as he's still in Bellator.

If you can't stop from getting taken down or do anything from the bottom I don't see why the ref should bail you out.

If you're doing nothing besides sitting in somebody's guard I don't see why you should be thought of as winning the fight.

If you're doing nothing besides sitting in somebody's guard I don't see why you should be thought of as winning the fight.

Because the big, bad wrestler who took the Shergeek's lunch money in junior high resembles the guy on TV.

Back