The Forgotten Rock Thread...

Jimmy Eat World - just never seemed to get over the top despite having killer songs. Thought they would get huge back in 2002ish with that song The Middle.

I knew a bunch of kids that were really into Jimmy Eat World. They listened to bands like Sunny Day Real Estate and My Morning Jacket. I thought it was all pretty emo.

Here's an oldie. Sweet I thought they had some great songs.

Moby Grape where a great 60s band that should've been more well known, but never quite made it big:

Sebadoh was a great band from
the 90s. They were on Sub Pop,
the same PNW label that many of
the early grunge acts were a part
of. It was founded by Lou Barlow,
the bassist of Dinosaur Jr., another
underrated rock act in their own right.

@Jackonfire @Bobby Boulders
@90srockfans

Screaming Trees, another 90s
rock outfit of the same vein. It's a
shame to me that the genre & style
got so big but so many great bands
who were bringing some truly
sophisticated song writing were left
behind.

You already got their best track
up there(chartered trips).
Here's another one that I enjoy:

Bakesale by Sebadoh is a freakin fantastic album. And Ocean off of Harmacy is one of my faves.

Sam Roberts is fucking aces. Criminally underappreciated outside of Canada. A true hidden gem in rock music.

Florida band whose memory has almost entirely disappeared from public consciousness. Saigon Kick were a victim of bad timing. They got lumped in with the acoustic-balladeer-hair metal bands of the 90s (think Mr. Big and Extreme) that were killed off by grunge, which is a shame because they were anything but that and their sound was one of the most interesting and diverse of that era.

And since @tru3f4n mentioned Tommy Bolin (major props for that btw); I'll toss in a former 80s guitar god who named his first band Teaser, played a tobacco-burst strat just like Bolin (it was later repainted solid white) and who then proceeded to drop off the face of the earth for a two decades. He reemerged two years ago when there was hardly anyone left who remembered who he was. He's since dropped off the face of the earth again...

Definitely one of my all time favourite guitar players!He did the Badlands gig in the 90's and only stopped because his singer died.Now that was an underrated band to the fucking tenth degree man.Your right Jake disappeared didnt he?I know he toured last year with his new band Red Dragon Cartel but ive heard nothing of that then nor now..Sad really,he was on a show talking about how Ozzy fucked him out of all his cut of "Bark at the Moon" royalities.What a shame.

Definitely one of my all time favourite guitar players!He did the Badlands gig in the 90's and only stopped because his singer died.Now that was an underrated band to the fucking tenth degree man.Your right Jake disappeared didnt he?I know he toured last year with his new band Red Dragon Cartel but ive heard nothing of that then nor now..Sad really,he was on a show talking about how Ozzy fucked him out of all his cut of "Bark at the Moon" royalities.What a shame.

Apparently he's working on a follow up to the RDC album. Maybe Jake has decided to grace our presence for a little while longer.

I met Jake on the last RDC tour, definitely one of the coolest cats ever.

Apparently he's working on a follow up to the RDC album. Maybe Jake has decided to grace our presence for a little while longer.

I met Jake on the last RDC tour, definitely one of the coolest cats ever.
I'd love to see him live again man.Thats really cool you met him pal he definitely seems like a laid back kind of rocker that would be decent to his people.Ive met a ton of rockers from Dylan to Yngwie but never Jake and I always wanted to.Cheers.

Florida band whose memory has almost entirely disappeared from public consciousness. Saigon Kick were a victim of bad timing. They got lumped in with the acoustic-balladeer-hair metal bands of the 90s (think Mr. Big and Extreme) that were killed off by grunge, which is a shame because they were anything but that and their sound was one of the most interesting and diverse of that era.

And since @tru3f4n mentioned Tommy Bolin (major props for that btw); I'll toss in a former 80s guitar god who named his first band Teaser, played a tobacco-burst strat just like Bolin (it was later repainted solid white) and who then proceeded to drop off the face of the earth for a two decades. He reemerged two years ago when there was hardly anyone left who remembered who he was. He's since dropped off the face of the earth again...

Saigon Kick!

I might be in the minority by saying that I've always preferred Jason's vocals to Matt. Water and Devil in the Details are my favorite albums.

Crossfade they had some commercial success with their first album but the second one didn't do as well

Bands that you like who were forgotten, didn't receive proper recognition or just never made it big , rock bands only please

Here's Mine

Fucking love these guys , no one knows who the hell they are , wtf

Hüsker Dü

One of my absolute favorite songs , lyrics are amazing

Holy shit... I just learned for the first time a few weeks ago that Bolin did one record with Deep Purple. And that he was also in James Gang after Joe Walsh's departure.

Bolin was an incredibly underappreciated, overlooked guitar talent. I'm sure dying at 25 had a lot to do with it.

Back