The Flu Is So Hot Right Now!

Been suffering since last Tuesday.

Haha I remember hearing this live on the Radio. I miss the Howard Stern Show. Still has it's moments, but not the same anymore.

I got the flu, and have been fighting it the past week. The first 3 days were terrible, and still feeling a little weak and tired. It's a strong one this year. I rarely get the flu, but also didn't get a flu shot...

What evidence is there that flu shots are effective, and what evidence is there that this year the flu is any worse than it ever is? It seems like fear mongering bull shit.18 kids died!? In a country of 300 + million I'm surprised only 18 died. But that's why I should take the flu serious? Nah, I'll keep exercising and eating veggies while the rest of the cattle get the experimental shots that most likely won't do a damned thing. Maybe in 50 years when they actually have a shot that works I'll get one. Once the beta phase is over.

I really don't want to get into this debate again because there was just a 20 page thread on it so I'll just repost what I did from there:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/flu-resource-center/10-flu-myths.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm

Also, the elderly should get it more than anybody because they the most likely to get serious complication and die from it.

About pneumonia:

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/gec/series/pneumococcal_vaccination.html

You need to learn how to be more skeptical my friend. People see "scientific" or "governmental" study and take it to be the truth. You don't think it would ever be possible that either could lie to you? Maybe the flu vaccine was originally made with the dead version of the flu? What if some companies have other agendas behind it though? Can't just blindly trust things because they come from a .org or .gov site.

I'm in upstate NY and it's running rampant here too...Just about everyone I know has had it and it's been bad for them. Thankfully I haven't been stricken. You mentioned that the flu shot that they're peddling to people isn't even for the strain of flu that's kicking everyone's ass right now and that's what I've heard as well...

Used to wake up with it and a monkey on my back every morning, my friend.

Oh wait, that was another problem. Thankfully that doesn't happen any more. One weird thing, I have never ever seen a pill head/junkie get 'the flu.'

Strange, that. I wonder if opioids have any effect on your immune system. One would think with such a dangerous lifestyle and usually malnourished they would get ill but it doesn't seem to happen.

I just got the Flu. I'm an IV heroin addict.

Though I do know what you mean aboit opiates and getting sick. I used to get sick all the damn time, but once I started on pills/h its like once, twice a year

I had the flu about 3 months ago, hopefully the same strain. After reading "The Great Influenza" this stuff always freaks me out. This doesn't seem to be a lethal strain so its not too bad.

The flu is the new in thing over here in DC.
If you don't got it, you're nobody!

I think I have one of those brain-controlling zombie parasites in my head.
My noggin has been killing me for three straight days.

I just eat bran muffins with butter. That's the secret. Oh, and prayer. Pray to the Sun.

That swine flu thing a few years ago freaked everyone out, and ever since, flu coverage has increased to much more than it used to be, at least that I've noticed. And I care just as much now as I ever did, and that's not at all. I just go about my business, and if I get sick, I let my body do what it's supposed to do: Fight it and get stronger.
Same here. No shots and I've never gotten the flu. Maybe my opinion changes if I do but for now I don't see the point in a flu shot if you're young and healthy; seems its more bad than good in the sense of buidling natural defenses against viruses.

I have the runny nose and sneezing that's carried on for a couple of days now. No headaches though. I hope.

I got the vaccine last week after all this rampant flu news started getting hot. I probably wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have a young (20 months) kid. Kids are vulnerable and I didn't want to take any chances. 100% covered by insurance.

That swine flu thing a few years ago freaked everyone out, and ever since, flu coverage has increased to much more than it used to be, at least that I've noticed. And I care just as much now as I ever did, and that's not at all. I just go about my business, and if I get sick, I let my body do what it's supposed to do: Fight it and get stronger.

Amen! I don't understand the fuss about the flu. It sucks, but it's not insufferable

I may have the flu, not really sure. Started feeling a little weird Friday. Saturday and Sunday had a fever and sore throat. Today throat feels better, fever is lower but my nose is bothering me now. Feel better though than the past 2 days. I dont really understand though how there is even a time where tons of people just get sick. It doesnt make sense to me. Where does the flu come from that tons of people just get sick and why now. Why would people in Florida where its warm and people in NY where its cold both have the same time frame. It doesnt add up to me that there would be a flu season that is the same time in different climates unless climates were not a factor. If climates werent a factor how in the world is there a flu season though?

Last edited:
A lot of people have it around me too and it seems like everyone has a cough right now. I have been taking vitamin c packets as a precaution and (knock on wood) I am okay so far. The flu is so under the radar as far as illnesses go. The fact that it can kill healthy teenagers is nerve wracking so I have definitely been more weary and pro active about things. Especially now since So. Cal. is in a cold spell that we havent seen in about 15 years.

This.

I also don't carry hand sanitizer with me and use it every 5 minutes. I don't remember the last time I got sick but it's been years. A couple mild colds maybe but who cares

ya it's a pretty big thing going on right now

Last edited:
A lot of people have it around me too and it seems like everyone has a cough right now. I have been taking vitamin c packets as a precaution and (knock on wood) I am okay so far. The flu is so under the radar as far as illnesses go. The fact that it can kill healthy teenagers is nerve wracking so I have definitely been more weary and pro active about things.

Yeah it's playing with my mind

My mother in law was a midwife for the Amish. She's Native American and swears by everything natural to an extent.

I thought I had the first signs of it last week.

She had me eat fresh fruits and 2 cloves of raw garlic each day.
She also gave me Lomatium(Big gun in Native American arsenal of plants) and Cayenne tinctures.

All good so far

Back