The Flavio Canto Strangle

unhommefou

White Belt
Reaction score
I really do not know what judo shime-waza class this choke would be in (Okuri Eri Jime would work...I think), but I really, really like it:

Nice.

Last edited:
Can't watch the vid at the moment but if its the one i'm thinking of its a cool choke.
Flavio Canto has wicked ne waza.

Good video, but the jooo jeetsu gods will not be pleased when they learn a dirty judo player is stealing their moves.

"that belonged to us first!"

Nah, but seriously I've never seen that loop choke variation before.

that.....was...AWESOME!!! I'm gonna try this thing out in class later on. it seems like you could set this up from a butterfly or half guard

Love the accent of that guy. We need more of this !

I really do not know what judo shime-waza class this choke would be in (Okuri Eri Jime would work...I think), but I really, really like it:

Nice.

Always been taught is as Ashi jime.

I usually use a slightly different setup cause after I pass the leg over the head , I go over my opponent body trying to grab his pants with my free hand and try lock also the reverse triangle with the legs

Always been taught is as Ashi jime.

I usually use a slightly different setup cause after I pass the leg over the head , I go over my opponent body trying to grab his pants with my free hand and try lock also the reverse triangle with the legs

Yep, you are right...sort of...

The name Ashi Jime does not exist in the Shime Waza list per the Kodokan, but ashi-gatame-jime does...sort of...

Ashi-Gatame-Jime is a "slang" term for the Katate-Jime with the leg involved.

ARGGHHH!!!

BTW, this is why I 100% hate Judo Ne waza classification!!!

Why do I love this art again?

:mad::mad::icon_sad::redface:

I like this choke, it seems like it could come in handy. Is there footage of him using it in other spots, or would anyone like to expand on this? The position he shows this from is basically useless in Judo, I've never just seen two guys sitting on their asses in a match.

I like this choke, it seems like it could come in handy. Is there footage of him using it in other spots, or would anyone like to expand on this? The position he shows this from is basically useless in Judo, I've never just seen two guys sitting on their asses in a match.

You just got JudOWNED, son.

Good video, but the jooo jeetsu gods will not be pleased when they learn a dirty judo player is stealing their moves.

"that belonged to us first!"

Nah, but seriously I've never seen that loop choke variation before.
Well it's Canto - he is an exception.

And Matt from the video is, IIRC, a BJJ purple although his main focus is competitive judo - being highly ranked locally and competes internationally.

Back