Movies THE FLASH (Final Trailer, post #907; First Reactions, post #866)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: January 14, 2021

WarnerMedia Stands By DC Films President Walter Hamada After New Ray Fisher Accusations

WarnerMedia is sticking by Walter Hamada even as the DC Films president faces a new and continued attack from Ray Fisher, the actor who played Cyborg in 2017's failed blockbuster Justice League.

The company released a statement backing Hamada’s integrity on Thursday, a day after Fisher put out his own comments on Twitter in which he accused the exec of undermining an investigation into misconduct that is alleged to have occurred during the reshoots of Justice League.

"I believe in Walter Hamada and that he did not impede or interfere in the investigation," said WarnerMedia chair and CEO Ann Sarnoff in a statement. "Furthermore, I have full confidence in the investigation’s process and findings. Walter is a well-respected leader, known by his colleagues, peers, and me as a man of great character and integrity. As I said in Walter's recent deal extension announcement, I’m excited about where he’s taking DC Films and look forward to working with him and the rest of the team to build out the DC Multiverse."

WarnerMedia issued a separate statement apart from Sarnoff that summed up its side of the proceedings. It said its “extensive” investigation was “conducted by an outside law firm, led by a former federal judge who has assured WarnerMedia that there were no impediments to the investigation” and that the company was moving on from giving Fisher the chance to reprise his Cyborg role in an upcoming Flash movie, “given his statement that he will not participate in any film associated with Mr. Hamada”; and that it remains in business with Johns, who is an executive producer on shows such as Stargirl, Batwoman, and Doom Patrol, among others.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...alter-hamada-after-new-ray-fisher-accusations

He really does not want to work anymore, does he?

Exactly - he wants out so he can be the victim. And aren’t some directors assholes to begin with so they can execute their vision, it’s not just Whedon? James Cameron is a perfectionist but supposedly his crew is loyal to him.

Update: February 19, 2021

Young and Restless Actress Sasha Calle Cast as Supergirl in Andy Muschietti's THE FLASH

ZJgBwRP.jpg

Actor Sasha Calle is learning to fly after getting some uplifting news from The Flash director Andy Muschietti. In a video posted to Instagram, the filmmaker informed Calle that he had cast her as Supergirl.

The actor, known for The Young and the Restless, joins a cast that also includes Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/the Flash, as well as Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck, with both men playing versions of Batman. Billy Crudup is also involved as Barry Allen's father.

The Flash's latest draft was written by Birds of Prey screenwriter Christina Hodson, and sees the Flash go back in time to stop his mother's murder, an act that messes with his timeline.

Helen Slater previously played Supergirl in the 1984 film, while Melissa Benoist has starred as the television incarnation since 2015.

There have been multiple iterations of the character in the comics. The first was Kara Zor-El, Superman’s cousin. She was introduced in 1959 by writer Otto Binder and artist Al Plastino, and was the last survivor of Argo City, part of Krypton that survived its destruction.

The Flash is due out Nov. 4, 2022.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/the-flash-enlists-sasha-calle-as-supergirl

Supergirl? When the fuck does Henry get his shot at a Superman sequel? Man of Steel is one of my favorite superhero movies and Cavill is my second favorite Superman of all time after Reeves. They are wasting this dude's career. He was the perfect casting and he had one damn movie. No, I don't count BvS or Justice League

Young and Restless Actress Sasha Calle Cast as Supergirl in Andy Muschietti's THE FLASH

ZJgBwRP.jpg

Actor Sasha Calle is learning to fly after getting some uplifting news from The Flash director Andy Muschietti. In a video posted to Instagram, the filmmaker informed Calle that he had cast her as Supergirl.

The actor, known for The Young and the Restless, joins a cast that also includes Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/the Flash, as well as Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck, with both men playing versions of Batman. Billy Crudup is also involved as Barry Allen's father.

The Flash's latest draft was written by Birds of Prey screenwriter Christina Hodson, and sees the Flash go back in time to stop his mother's murder, an act that messes with his timeline.

Helen Slater previously played Supergirl in the 1984 film, while Melissa Benoist has starred as the television incarnation since 2015.

There have been multiple iterations of the character in the comics. The first was Kara Zor-El, Superman’s cousin. She was introduced in 1959 by writer Otto Binder and artist Al Plastino, and was the last survivor of Argo City, part of Krypton that survived its destruction.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/the-flash-enlists-sasha-calle-as-supergirl

I don't think this is the Kara Zor-El version. I think she'll be the Cir-El version.

I'm going to be hanging on to the previous supergirl with a white knuckle grip. I don't know wtf is happening here with this

LOL stumpy little 15 yr old mexican supergirl from a soap opera that can’t act for shit.

Will go perfectly with the tranny flash, the 7th script rewrite, and the 5th director. Can’t wait.

ZJgBwRP.jpg

<{cruzshake}>

Is this still gonna be Flashpoint Paradox?

Fishers accusations are starting to look more credible with bullying claims piling up against Whedon.

Update: March 12, 2021

Spanish Actress Maribel Verdu Cast as Barry Allen's Mother in THE FLASH Movie; Billy Crudup Drops Out and Kiersey Clemons Joins Cast as Iris West

fV3aJcg.jpg

Flash fans know what an important role Barry Allen’s mother plays in the life of the Scarlet Speedster. And it’s a character that will figure prominently in the big-screen adaptation being made by Warner Bros. and DC. Now the actress to play the part has been found.

Maribel Verdú, best known to international audiences for her work in Alfonso Cuarón’s Y Tu Mama Tambien and Guillermo del Toro’s Pan’s Labyrinth, will play the key role in The Flash, which is casting up and prepping for a spring-summer shoot in England.

But at the same time as he gains mother, he is losing his dad. Sources tells THR that Billy Crudup, who was set to play the father role, has dropped out of the project. Crudup is also due to shoot the new season of Apple’s The Morning Show, for which he won an Emmy, and schedules conflicted. (Many productions are encountering conflicts when juggling tight schedules thanks to the pandemic, with quarantines on both sides of the Atlantic forcing crunches on actors availabilities.) The part will be recast.

The moves come as Kiersey Clemons, who has been associated with Flash through several incarnations, straightened her schedule and closed her deal this week. She is playing Iris West, Allen’s romantic interest.

Ezra Miller is starring as the Flash in the DC movie that will also feature Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck as multiverse versions of Batman.

It director Andy Muschietti is helming from a screenplay written by Christina Hodson. Barbara Muschietti and Michael Disco are producing, while Marianne Jenkins is serving as executive producer.

Storyline details are being kept sealed in Allen’s ring, but it is known that it will involve alternate dimensions and time travel with the hero trying to save his mother from being murdered.

Verdú is a veteran of Spain's film and television industry and has been nominated multiple times for the country’s Goya Awards, winning twice.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...l-verdu-to-play-barry-allens-mother-exclusive

What a godawful miscast for Supergirl.
<{clintugh}>

Typical and not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back