The Flash Knockdown Rule

I think the best idea would be to keep the rule but extend fights to 5 rounds. Because right now basically one of those flash knockdowns will cost them 1 round, out of 3..But personally I would rather they take away that flash knockdown rule altogether

I think the best idea would be to keep the rule but extend fights to 5 rounds. Because right now basically one of those flash knockdowns will cost them 1 round, out of 3..But personally I would rather they take away that flash knockdown rule altogether

It would take some of the sting out of the rule but if they are going to do this they must expect people to call bullshit when stuff like this happens and call the sport a fraud as no other combat sport would call them knockdowns

I just don't get how anyone is confused over this.

I've seen some people saying there are exceptions for tournaments, there aren't.

It's all laid out on their site. http://gloryworldseries.com/en/static/rules#When a fighter

Yea but by the rules that means that if some one catches a kick and release just before they kick out their opponents legs it is scored a knockdown and they have not scored these. James wilson will be heavy weight champ in a year then with his amazing sumo knock downs also

Last edited:
Yea but by the rules that means that if some one catches a kick and release just before they kick out their opponents legs it is scored a knockdown and they have not scored these. James wilson will be heavy weight champ in a year then with his amazing sumo known downs also

James Wilson saikyo~

The flash knockdown rule combined with the 2 knockdown rule could make for a lot of premature stoppages.

Won't do the action well either, fighters will fight very warily when knocked down once, even if it was just a flash knockdown, because they don't want to be TKO'd.

there are many factors that could make a fighter slip: wet floor from water / sweat, losing balance while kicking, being pushed or thrown by the opponent, etc.
slipping should not cost you the fight like it did recently in 2 very important Glory fights...

I mean I don't think I ever seen a slip scored as a knockdown in either K-1, Muay Thai, or even Knockdown Karate, unless the ref was really making a mistake.

People still argue that Bonjasky should have gotten the 8 count against Overeem. People are going to continue to argue that Saki should not have gotten the count against Rico. You can't please everyone.

nice culo in your avatar

I just don't get how anyone is confused over this.

I've seen some people saying there are exceptions for tournaments, there aren't.

It's all laid out on their site. http://gloryworldseries.com/en/static/rules#When a fighter
There is an important first sentance there that implys it is down to refs discretion no !? tell me if im reading that wrong? cos if that is right then its a pretty clear cut case of 2 more examples of bad reffing!!

There is an important first sentance there that implys it is down to refs discretion no !? tell me if im reading that wrong? cos if that is right then its a pretty clear cut case of 2 more examples of bad reffing!!

THat is what I thought the spirit of the rule was that it was referee discretion but everyone else is acting like were confused. How come Hesdy wasn't counted when zimmerman knee to his shin twice sent him down? by the rules he ended up on his ass from a strike from zimmerman but no one has said anything about it but if someone punches you in you titty it's an 8 count

"A fighter is deemed to be down when according to the referee’s evaluation,"

is the first sentence, so yeah, up to the ref's discretion

"If the referee decides that he is DOWN"

again, refs. I'm not arguing the point either way, but the refs definitely have the discretion when it comes to whether or not a fighter is down.

because of the rules. if you knocked a guy down in the real world you would kick and beat him while he is dazed on the ground. the knock down it is where a fighter is at his most vulnerable and is out side of a knockout the most significant moment of a fight where there is no ground fighting allowed. with your equilibrium tied to the head trauma not being able to keep your balance is a sure sign of significant damage to the brain and the reason for stopping fights when one man falls and can not regain his balance
I lost a fight because I got punched mid-kick when I only had one leg planted on the ground. I was on my feet in 1/3 second. If your standard is that being on the ground decreases your ability to protect yourself and should result in a point, then that should be considered for sweeps, low kicks and teeps (especially the frequency of teeps resulting in knockdowns) that put someone on their butt. Being a puncher with both feet planted is more beneficial than being a kicker with one leg planted when it comes to winning on points with flash knockdowns.

Back