The first televised women's boxing in bajillion years

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-h...-107392?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

On NBCSN part of the Brooklyn Spence/Bundu undercard.

Big Dan isnt too high on her. Says shes got too many gift decision, and isnt a big fan of womens fighting in general. She isnt even hot to boot. They are both like 35.
The other one is 18-0 with just 1 tko. She beat 7 people with a winning record.

Not sure what they are thinking putting this on.

Last week in the same town had a young girl from the SAME town who looked way better, already 29-1 with 22 KOs and she broke her opponent's ribs on the Santa/Frampton undercard at Barclays. They shouldve put her on instead.

200px-AmandaSerrano3Belts.jpeg

http://boxrec.com/boxer/488530

Last edited:
Oh look more boxing bitching from you. I for one am shocked.

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-h...-107392?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

On NBCSN part of the Brooklyn Spence/Bundu undercard.

Big Dan isnt too high on her. Says shes got too many gift decision, and isnt a big fan of womens fighting in general. She isnt even hot to boot. They are both like 35.
The other one is 18-0 with just 1 tko. She beat 7 people with a winning record.

Not sure what they are thinking putting this on.

Last week in the same town had a young girl from the SAME town who looked way better, already 29-1 with 22 KOs and she broke her opponent's ribs on the Santa/Frampton undercard at Barclays. They shouldve put her on instead.

200px-AmandaSerrano3Belts.jpeg

http://boxrec.com/boxer/488530
Heather Hardy vs Shelly Vincent looks like an ugly dude vs a he/she. Jesus Christ, if you look like that you'd better be knocking bitches out of the ring with the ferocity.

Amanda Serrano, though, is smoking hot and a fine little fighter.

I know you don't hear this a lot here, but you are 100% correct.

Women's Boxing lacks the sex appeal of Women's MMA. They don't have the Karolina Kowalkiewicz's or Paige Van Zant's. Even Rousey is better looking than all of them. Plus the apparel makes a huge difference too. Boxers have to wear boxing shorts and boots, MMA fighters don't. MMA fighters can wear tight uniforms.

The US has really fallen behind the rest of the world with women boxers. Amanda Serrano should follow Ava Knight's lead and start training MMA. Boxing is a great sport in itself and serves as a desirable base when going into MMA. Such ladies could become quite popular and rich if they pick up the other skills and successfully cross over.

Last edited:
weird, i thought Siniesa Estrada co-mained for GGG against Wade

apparently not

I'll be honest, more often than not, I don't enjoy it.
I didn't at first either, but I'm all for equality. And some of these girls are actually quite good. You just have to get over seeing two women beat on each other to enjoy it, it's tough. But if that's what they want to do to make money then they should be able to pursue it, doesn't mean everyone has to like it though.

I didn't at first either, but I'm all for equality. And some of these girls are actually quite good. You just have to get over seeing two women beat on each other to enjoy it, it's tough. But if that's what they want to do to make money then they should be able to pursue it, doesn't mean everyone has to like it though.
I honestly just think that like 95% of the time, the technique just isn't there. Its just a mess ,usually.

The best technique for female boxing is to not be the first one to adjust your bra. Be patient, wait for the adjustment, then strike.
KzT5K.gif

I honestly just think that like 95% of the time, the technique just isn't there. Its just a mess ,usually.

It's certainly not as refined as the men's game. Plus the athleticism is much less.

The skill is there, but its about athleticism. Its not like MMA where someone like Ronda can just finish you.

Womens boxing is more like tonight MMA fight. It was shadowboxing and light tap sparring, and lots of moving around.

If Clarissa Shields turned pro then she could become popular in the US. In Europe womens boxing is a bit bigger with fighters like Braekhus and a few others

Women's Boxing lacks the sex appeal of Women's MMA. They don't have the Karolina Kowalkiewicz's or Paige Van Zant's. Even Rousey is better looking than all of them. Plus the apparel makes a huge difference too. Boxers have to wear boxing shorts and boots, MMA fighters don't. MMA fighters can wear tight uniforms.

Braekhus is not ugly and there are others as well who are good looking and at the top. It's just that a.) there are no US female boxers at the top (as long as Clarissa Shields doesn't turn pro) and b.) there isn't a big organization like the UFC that promotes them and pushes them as much. With the UFC the organization is the product so fans would be more open to watch female fighters but with boxers it has to be the individual boxer carrying more of the promotion

what doesnt make sense to me is that there are a ton of girls in the amateurs

the female fights alot of the time are the most exciting at tournaments

then they never seem to go Pro ??

it might be the old school mentality of having 100s of ammy fights that beats the life out of fighters

Back