International The first group to stand up to china and not succumb to greed

Australia could have licked boots for China but didn't, and its cost us billions in exports. That economic battle is still going on.

Very pleased to hear about the WTA though.

Wow, never saw this coming. Wonder if tennis is small potatoes there money wise?

That's like a 1/3 of their revenue. Good for them.

Good for them

I started a thread on Peng shuai on here as well

So, the Women's Tennis Association has more balls and a greater a than the NBA?

Joking aside, how financially under China's thumb are they?

n what is needed here, and we repeat our call for a full and transparent investigation – without censorship – into Peng Shuai’s sexual assault accusation.
“None of this is acceptable nor can it become acceptable. If powerful people can suppress the voices of women and sweep allegations of sexual assault under the rug, then the basis on which the WTA was founded – equality for women – would suffer an immense setback.

"I will not and cannot let that happen to the WTA and its players."

China brings in an estimated $US1 billion ($A1.4 billion) in funding for the season-ending WTA Finals, plus 10-plus other tournaments the Asian powerhouse hosts each year.

"This is bigger than the business. Women need to be respected and not censored," Simon said last month.

IOC under fire over Peng Shuai video call

Also the first group to get support from the far right for supporting women's sexual àbuse awareness

Last edited:
Also the first group to get support from the far right for supporting women's sexual àbuse

The far right is supporting the wta because they are supporting sexual abuse?

Can you clarify your position please.

That's pretty impressive, especially if China is a major source of their revenue as someone mentioned earlier. Respect.

The far right is supporting the wta because they are supporting sexual abuse?

Can you clarify your position please.

Lol. This ought to be good.

i feel there's more to this than meets the eye.
money usually is nr 1 so i'd look somewhere else for an answer.

That is my first thought too

So what is the play here?
no idea, i am not familiar to the wta world, but the cynic in me doesn't think this is motivated by good will and thats it.

In a dream world most companies would function as if China didn't even exist and base their projections and shit on a world minus china's population and money. So sick of hearing about the CCP's fuckery.

Australia could have licked boots for China but didn't, and its cost us billions in exports. That economic battle is still going on.

Very pleased to hear about the WTA though.

We here in Australia have had the privilege of living in a great country, I don't mind giving a bit of that up for the wellbeing of global democracy and human rights.

Wow, never saw this coming. Wonder if tennis is small potatoes there money wise?
When li na won a couple grand slams, she moved up almost to the top of the highest paid women’s athletes. Her career was short lived, but she made bank and was a huge star in China. Tennis is pretty big there.

Back