The Fights over when ref breaks it up! ref should have been closer!

Kevin Randleman**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Peirce was tapping, but the fights not over until the REF calls the fight off, Palhares held the leg for maybe 0.5 seconds after the ref jumped in, not a big deal. If anything the ref should have been closer!

The problem wasn't the time, but the brutality of the sub, it's the refs fault.

He tapped, the other one felt him tap. That's the end of the fight. I don't like all of this 'it's over when the ref says it's over' like the ref is some sort of infallible person that doesn't make mistakes.

You're a see you next tuesday. Stop thinking like a see you next tuesday. The fight is over when someone gives up/ is unable to continue. The ref is just there to make sure.

The fights over when the ref says it is, no one is crying about eh extra shot dong gave silva

Yeah it is his right to hold on until the ref gets there, but he kept cranking it for a good second or two while the ref was on top of him. That was bullshit

If he let go as soon as Pierce tapped, then he would have won and the fight would be stopped. Video replays would have confirmed his win. Even if the fighter suddenly comes out and says post fight that he didn't, he'd be on replay. The only instance I would be for continuing the sub until the ref to intervene is if its a verbal tap.

If he let go as soon as Pierce tapped, then he would have won and the fight would be stopped. Video replays would have confirmed his win. Even if the fighter suddenly comes out and says post fight that he didn't, he'd be on replay. The only instance I would be for continuing the sub until the ref to intervene is if its a verbal tap.

Why are you not complaining about the extra shot Dong gave Silva? Palhares held the sub for maybe 0.5 seconds after the ref came in, not a big deal.

Ref should do his homework and know how strong Palhares is and been closer to stop the action.

Maybe he didnt want another situation like this and made sure he finished the fight.

I9lO.gif

He cranked harder when the ref jumped in

Why are you not complaining about the extra shot Dong gave Silva? Palhares held the sub for maybe 0.5 seconds after the ref came in, not a big deal.

Ref should do his homework and know how strong Palhares is and been closer to stop the action.

KOs are completely different to subs. Someone could appear to be out on the floor, but if you're fighting him, you don't know for sure. Even Hendo's Bisping KO is fine by me. A sub means they want out.

I'd agree the fight should only have been considered over once the ref came in if Pierce was doing some wimpy little Brazilian tap trying to game the system, but it couldn't have been clearer what he was doing or that he was done.

he has a long history for this stuff and has never been punished for it. Anyone with sense can see he is acting like a maniac all the time.

Yeah it is his right to hold on until the ref gets there, but he kept cranking it for a good second or two while the ref was on top of him. That was bullshit

I just re-watched the gif, you're wrong, it was less than a second. TS is right, the ref wasn't close enough and he shook the wrong person as well.

he has a long history for this stuff and has never been punished for it. Anyone with sense can see he is acting like a maniac all the time.

He got suspended for 3 months (oh no!) vs. Drwal, but that's it. If the Brazilian commission doesn't do anything, keep him on contract but give him a year off.

Palhares was not punished because he didn't release as soon as the tap came. He was punished because he didn't release as soon as the ref stepped in and because he has a history of doing this.

Lets all forgive Palhares, He's imbecile, not his fault...

Lets all forgive Palhares, He's imbecile, not his fault...

he shouldnt be fighting then. guys careers and health are at stake

KOs are completely different to subs. Someone could appear to be out on the floor, but if you're fighting him, you don't know for sure. Even Hendo's Bisping KO is fine by me. A sub means they want out.

ok now your definitely talking bullshit, hendo clearly knew bisping was out we all know he hated bisping and woulda hit him extra if he was out or not.
I don't think this sub hold was worth taking his bonus away

ok now your definitely talking bullshit, hendo clearly knew bisping was out we all know he hated bisping and woulda hit him extra if he was out or not.
I don't think this sub hold was worth taking his bonus away

Although it was completely unsportsmanlike, what Hendo did was completely within the rules. A warning would have been acceptable in Palhares' case except that he is a repeat offender. When a dude gets suspended for his actions and then repeats them, you don't reward him afterwards.

Back