The fights in the UFC that caused the most controversy?

Shogun Machida 1
Edgar Penn 1
Diaz Condint
Hendo Shogun

5. Anyone else that has gone to a decision vs Leonard Garcia
4. Nam Pham vs Leonard Garcia
3. Korean Zombie vs Leonard Garcia
2. BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar 1
1. Shogun Rua vs Machida 1

Those were the worst ...

In addition to Diaz/Condit, this is a pretty accurate list.

Either refer to a dictionary and look up controversy or just read the whole thread to where I addressed the issue earlier.

Just because a few people scream "controversy" doesn't mean there is any real controversy. Just a few people upset that their guy got beat.

Just because a few people scream "controversy" doesn't mean there is any real controversy. Just a few people upset that their guy got beat.

Do I need to draw you a picture? Go look up the definition of controversy and then maybe you can stop posting nonsense and making yourself look stupid.

Erick Silva vs Carlo Prater
Sakara vs Cote

I thought there were a few less illegal shots on Cote than most say, and in my opinion, the final shot that put Cote down before the stoppage looked to be ok. I was real excited for Sakara to do what he did legally, but he was already hurt against Cote so the rematch has me worried. Sakara seems to not be able to take good shots and lately they all seem to be coming from the clinch.

Most have been mentioned.

More controversy, lol.....

When Tito tapped out Randy, but ref didn't stop the fight, Randy won.

Shamrock vs Franklin

luls. you need to read up on what robbery means. if 50% of the people say machida won and the other 50% says shogun won. It is not a robbery

Nope. Right after the fight only 12.5 % thought Machida won:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/machida-vs-shogun-who-won-w-poll-1072943/

Then the Machida nuthuggers got their talking points in order and invented that BS about Machida edging out the 3 first rounds, so it went up to around 30%:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/three-years-passed-shogun-vs-machida-revisited-2193475/

It has never been 50-50. If we step outside of Sherdog, you will notice that every play-by-play on every MMA sites scores it for Shogun, as do Fightmetric/Compustrike, as well as almost any fighter who ever commented on it. Here's a nice summary:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/all-opinions-stats-shogun-machida-fight-organized-here-pics-links-1072966/

You're an idiot if you think machida won that fight. Shogun outstruck him 3 to 1 and neither guy had any takedowns

in the last poll 37% thought machida won, I did not but the actual commentating really made it seem worse than it was, yeah shogun won but rogan never acknowledged when machida landed

Do I need to draw you a picture? Go look up the definition of controversy and then maybe you can stop posting nonsense and making yourself look stupid.

dude just stop being an idiot, there is no controversy, Condit won the fight fair and square, you look like an idiot with your nick diaz picture trying to defend nick diaz as if your opinion has any objective validity... there was no controversy, just idiotic diaz fans that could and do not admit his hero got owned, just because a few idiots exist the world doesnt have to change because of them

dude just stop being an idiot, there is no controversy, Condit won the fight fair and square, you look like an idiot with your nick diaz picture trying to defend nick diaz as if your opinion has any objective validity... there was no controversy, just idiotic diaz fans that could and do not admit his hero got owned, just because idiots exist the world doesnt have to change because of them

That's not true though. I think that Condit won, but there was a huge amount of controversy and plenty of people thought Diaz won:

32zkydv.jpg

Weidman vs Munoz

Look at how many people/threads are saying Silva has to fight Weidman NOW NOW NOW and Silva doesn't fight him NOW NOW NOW he's ducking Weidman.

But he is ducking him .. :S

dude just stop being an idiot, there is no controversy, Condit won the fight fair and square, you look like an idiot with your nick diaz picture trying to defend nick diaz as if your opinion has any objective validity... there was no controversy, just idiotic diaz fans that could and do not admit his hero got owned, just because a few idiots exist the world doesnt have to change because of them

Again another idiot arguing that there was no controversy without knowing the definition of the word. Go and google controversy read a few definitions then feel sheepish and stupid about your absolutely nonsensical post.
Also I have not once said I disagreed with the judges decision, I haven't even referred to it AS a controversial judges decision. I have merely brought up the controversy it created amongst the fans.

Last edited:
That's not true though. I think that Condit won, but there was a huge amount of controversy and plenty of people thought Diaz won:

32zkydv.jpg

Exactly. The funny thing is, now the two posters arguing there was no controversy are creating controversy over whether or not there was controversy in the first place. Talk about idiotic.

If we are talking about decision that stirred up controversy, the Hamill/Bisping fight led to people protesting outside the Zuffa office. I don't think any other decision has led to that big of a fan uprising.

Back