The fighter not from your time you like the most

Prime Peter Aerts

6f1qhs_jpg.gif

or

Andy Hug

tumblr_mzoc2a1f9P1qhndw9o1_500.gif

I grew up watching boxing with my father in the 80s and picked up on MMA right around UFC 3, but I never really got into kickboxing or muay Thai or any of the sports that didn't become popular in the US until the last decade or so. So I think I'll go with Ernesto Hoost.

great choice
Ernesto Hoost was a beast

I was really depressed after his losses against Bob Sapp, just couldn't believe it lol

great choice
Ernesto Hoost was a beast

I was really depressed after his losses against Bob Sapp, just couldn't believe it lol

I laughed, because everybody was counting a mountain of a man out, because he wasn't trained properly:)

Didn't see those badabing badabooms.

Started to follow MMA around the time when he ended his career.

^ Hoost/Sapp was what got me into combat sports. Didnt matter that Ernesto lost, his gameplan against that Beast completely enraptured me.

Sakuraba is my answer, the man was transcendent.

Ronda Rousey- I mean her skills are ahead of our time. He boxing is on the level of great champions such as Ali and Roy Jones Jr. Whilst her judo is out of this world, if she competed in the next Olympics she would be a a shoe in for the gold medal. It is also well documented that she has the ability to defeat the majority of male fighters in the UFC rooster, most notably Cain Velasquez.

Honestly when I watch the fights from before my time they're practically a different sport

The fights from before my time I'd have liked to see live the most are... boxing

More of you should be saying Gina Carano.

Every fight was exciting. Action fighter. Mostly outsized her opponents, but thats how things were then.

d59ef292c3fa29c9628e6e570a2ff4f2.jpg

Last edited:
MMA not so much. Started really folowing the sport around 2001. The fighters I do watch highlights of are from that time on. Sakuraba, Igor, Nock Diaz, Aoki, Kid, Maia, Reem etc.

I do have a fetish for vintage boxing film, like waaay before my time. Was watching me some Sugar Ray Robinson just a minute ago.

I can't even put into words how awesome this is.

Man, that guy was special. Vintage boxing for me as well. I'm old enough to have seen Hagler-Hearns and remember it well. Still enjoy boxing, but it's lost some of it's luster.

Igor Vovchanchyn in MMA and Ray Robinson in boxing

Fedor, Cro-Cop(prime cro cop),prime penn,even tito

for boxing
ali,foreman,frazier

Back