The fighter not from your time you like the most

shogun
kazuo mizaki
sakuraba
randleman who i feel like he was that dude if you watched him at his peak or at least one of those dudes

That is definitely the Golden Era of boxing for me. Arguello was awesome back then. His first fight with Pryor was one of the first fights I realized how much I love fight sports, at age 12...

Was it from the pure appreciation of what you witnessed or as a Pryor fan? I still don't like Pryor for what he did to Alexis...

220px-Masahiko_Kimura_(1917-1993).jpg

As a ring doctor and dentist I had to treat many of the legends, made mouthguards and became friends:
Ruas, Oleg, Kimo, Rickson, Severn, these guys were true champions: Oleg even lived at my condo, we traded training for rent. I guess those were memorable times :) Now thanx to them I have a brown 2 stripe from Rigan Machado and staying in shape. I will get some pics and post them later.

Awesome. *bows*

Here's Mike Tyson's trainer(Rooney) after Arguello destroyed him.

Rolls Gracie. Just from the stories I hear and the few videos you see of him fighting/training.

MMA not so much. Started really folowing the sport around 2001. The fighters I do watch highlights of are from that time on. Sakuraba, Igor, Nock Diaz, Aoki, Kid, Maia, Reem etc.

I do have a fetish for vintage boxing film, like waaay before my time. Was watching me some Sugar Ray Robinson just a minute ago.

I can't even put into words how awesome this is.

Thanks for posting that was awesome.

Been following MMA for a long time so hard to pick ....but boxing wise I like Aaron Pryor , sugar Ray Robinson , Harry Greb , Sam Langford ,Joe Frazier ,Bob Foster , Ezzard Charles , Salvador Sanchez , Mickey Walker , Joe Louis and at least 50 more

I would say ali and rocky. There are a bunch though that are icons and warriors.

Ali, Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler.

Back