The fighter not from your time you like the most

barillas

🔥CHAMA Belt🔥
@Brown
Reaction score
Name here the fighters you did not watched fighting but know from replays and highlights you like the most. I say mine is Chuck Liddell, I started watching MMA right after Silva front-kicked Belfort to another dimension, Chuck had already retired, but by watching his fights I could tell he always bring it to the 8.

It's Bas Rutten for me, or maybe Pat Miletich.

Ummmm when I started watching I was a huge tank abbot fan

Bas Rutten, Evan Tanner (although Tanner was still around when I started watching, but was on the back end of his career).

MMA not so much. Started really folowing the sport around 2001. The fighters I do watch highlights of are from that time on. Sakuraba, Igor, Nock Diaz, Aoki, Kid, Maia, Reem etc.

I do have a fetish for vintage boxing film, like waaay before my time. Was watching me some Sugar Ray Robinson just a minute ago.

I can't even put into words how awesome this is.

Jake LaMotta is probably my favourite fighter of all time, but he was a boxer. Not from my time though.

Followed MMA on and off since back in the days it was known as "NHB" so I'm not really sure if there is anyone I liked who could technically count as before my time.

ETA: Lol the guy above posted Sugar Ray Robinson; LaMotta said he fought Sugar so many times he's surprised he doesn't have diabetes. Valentine's Day Massacre was a great fight.

Royce I guess. I saw UFC 2 on a bootleg vhs as a child. Our local martial arts supply store had a bunch of tapes you could buy..i think they were bootleg

Alexis Arguello

That is definitely the Golden Era of boxing for me. Arguello was awesome back then. His first fight with Pryor was one of the first fights I realized how much I love fight sports, at age 12...

I've been watching since the 90's, my first "favorite fighter" was Frank Shamrock, and I always looked back on the Royce-Ken Shamrock era with fondness, wishing I watched it then.

So I guess Ken Shamrock.

If we're talking boxing, i'd go with Ali or Joe Louis. Loved Ali's attitude but Joe Louis had slightly better drama because he was fighting Nazi's and Italian fascists.

As a ring doctor and dentist I had to treat many of the legends, made mouthguards and became friends:
Ruas, Oleg, Kimo, Rickson, Severn, these guys were true champions: Oleg even lived at my condo, we traded training for rent. I guess those were memorable times :) Now thanx to them I have a brown 2 stripe from Rigan Machado and staying in shape. I will get some pics and post them later.

Back