The fight of the decade

Fight of the Decade
200.webp

it is to laugh

You believe this Will be a real fight?? HAHA The Cerrone that fought Iaquinta will destroy Conor.But that Cerrone is not allowed to show up.
To be fair the anti Conor threads and the fixed fight threads have been a lot dumber than the pro Conor threads
This is a pretty good example of a stupid thread .

I'm 40 years old and a fan of Jerome le banner.
Call it whatever you want.
And I don't like the sport being mainstream, it's not a competition or a sport anymore, just a popularity contest.
I imagine you're too new to the sport to understand what it means :)
Ive been an MMA fan since UFC 40, Ive competed in Muay Thai and was intending on competing in MMA until injuries sidelined me for a while then I had a heart attack. So na, not new to the sport at all.

The sport being mainstream means more shows, more fights and the fighters getting paid more money(still not as much as they should be, but its far better than the old days). If you dont support that then you are a strange fan

so its been since before I stopped posting as much?

why was I so oblivious to all of this?

there was a period after the Strikeforce sale that things weren't too bad around here, but, most certainly since like, 2014 or so, its just been a steady decline in terms of post quality.

There's still a few good posters, still some stuff worth reading, definitely still some funny mother fuckers out here, but, a large part of the posts nowadays are just tragic. Everyone hates someone so they let everyone know in their posts. Regardless if that person does something good or fights well, he can't be given props cuz you hate him etcetc. Weird place this has become honestly.

Also, all the trolls suck now. Donny needs to come back.

You believe this Will be a real fight?? HAHA The Cerrone that fought Iaquinta will destroy Conor.But that Cerrone is not allowed to show up.
ahahahahaha.... no

there was a period after the Strikeforce sale that things weren't too bad around here, but, most certainly since like, 2014 or so, its just been a steady decline in terms of post quality.

There's still a few good posters, still some stuff worth reading, definitely still some funny mother fuckers out here, but, a large part of the posts nowadays are just tragic. Everyone hates someone so they let everyone know in their posts. Regardless if that person does something good or fights well, he can't be given props cuz you hate him etcetc. Weird place this has become honestly.

Also, all the trolls suck now. Donny needs to come back.
I used to have a great laugh on here, everytime I come back on here now it just seems like a different place entirely.

They’re not gonna risk fixing a fight with this scrutiny under it, would ruin the billions the UFC is worth if busted.

Ive been an MMA fan since UFC 40, Ive competed in Muay Thai and was intending on competing in MMA until injuries sidelined me for a while then I had a heart attack. So na, not new to the sport at all.

The sport being mainstream means more shows, more fights and the fighters getting paid more money(still not as much as they should be, but its far better than the old days). If you dont support that then you are a strange fan

The sport being mainstream means also, less merit and more popularity contests.
It means Conor having a title shot instead of Gaethje, it means more Dana's shenanigans.
I think you're the weird fan actually.

this is one of those kinds of posts (the one you responded to) that I was talking about.

I remember a time in which we had like, between the UFC and Pride, maybe a dozen or so PPVs a year. There were like, 20 events in a year between the two (if that).

I feel like everyone wanted more MMA, to watch the sport more, to be able to enjoy this more.

As soon as we get more, everyone talks about how every card is watered down. Infinite posters on here saying they don't know who the under card fighters are, so they're all cans and the card sucks cuz its not JBJ vs DC type fights all throughout the main card.

It's rather sad, considering we are supposed to be the "hardcore" fan base. Not sure how so many people don't know the undercard fighters so often, when many of them have a couple fights in the UFC lol. Like, how many fights/events are you even watching if you don't know guys who have 4-5 fights in the UFC?

It means Conor having a title shot instead of Gaethje, it means more Dana's shenanigans.

Justin has never beat an elite LW in his career.

At least Conor has (it was the guy who KO'd Justin btw)

Justin has never beat an elite LW in his career.

At least Conor has (it was the guy who KO'd Justin btw)

Yeah, 4 years ago, awesome.
Let's bring Tito Ortiz and Paul Varelans back.
And Conor totally deserve a rematch against Khabib, it was so close last time.

Gaethje?? the guy thats been sparked by Eddie and Dustin? Of course Conor will get a shot ahead of him. its just obvious.

the sport being mainstream has nothing to do with Conor getting a shot in front of him, thats just business. Oh and Im not the one that is against the fighters being better paid, having more opportunities to fight in not only their own countries, but almost every country in the world(that the UFC go to).

Any fan should want the sport they watch to succeed

This ain't even the best fight of 2020. Who bothered to spawn you and why???

Yeah, 4 years ago, awesome.
Let's bring Tito Ortiz and Paul Varelans back.
And Conor totally deserve a rematch against Khabib, it was so close last time.
yeah you should just stop posting now, its getting embarrassing

Gaethje?? the guy thats been sparked by Eddie and Dustin? Of course Conor will get a shot ahead of him. its just obvious.

the sport being mainstream has nothing to do with Conor getting a shot in front of him, thats just business. Oh and Im not the one that is against the fighters being better paid, having more opportunities to fight in not only their own countries, but almost every country in the world(that the UFC go to).

Any fan should want the sport they watch to succeed

Yeah, great, whatever you think bro.
You're so judgemental, I don't feel I want to lose more time speaking with a financial fan.
It's pretty obvious why you're a Conor fan also, it's just business.

yeah you should just stop posting now, its getting embarrassing

You can stfu also, and put me on ignore if you don't want to read me, I don't really care about your shitty opinion.
It's beautiful seeing you on full defense, do you still have nightmares about last mauling ?

only one of them has fought for a title, and it didnt go well
Looking at talent and skill level they were the elite fighters in an insanely stacked division.

You think Conor is better? I disagree but there's some arguments to be made

but discrediting Gaethje doesn't make sense.

Back