The Fight Must Go On: UFC Fighter Won with Broken Hand

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maycee Barber’s desired timeline for an octagon return has been thrown off after undergoing surgery on her hand.

Barber (7-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC), who remained unbeaten with a second-round TKO of J.J. Aldrich at UFC on ESPN+ 5 this past month, suffered a fractured right hand in the opening round of the contest, which saw her face some adversity before rallying to finish the fight.

“The Future” didn’t come out unscathed, though, because she hurt her hand badly enough that surgery was required. Barber went under the knife Tuesday in Las Vegas, she revealed on social media (via Instagram Stories):

maycee-barber-hand-surgery.jpg

“For everyone who is asking: I fractured my hand in the first round of the fight last weekend, so this morning I went in to have it put back together.”

According to a report from ESPN.com, the surgery is the first of Barber’s career. After beating Aldrich she said she was targeting a return to action during July’s International Fight Week festivities.

The timeline now appears unlikely, with ESPN.com reporting Barber is facing an 8-12 week recovery period and is now targeting her next fight for August.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/ufcs-maycee-barber-sidelined-after-surgery-for-fractured-hand

Yeah, that'll happen. Rich Franklin knocked out Chuck Liddell with a broken arm.

Whittaker kicking romero's ass a 2nd time with a broken hand is a WAY BIGGER FEAT

iu

iu

Yeah, that'll happen. Rich Franklin knocked out Chuck Liddell with a broken arm.

Franklin also dominated Loiseau with a broken hand AND foot.

Dude was ridiculously tough. What Andereon did to him was unreal.

Whittaker kicking romero's ass a 2nd time with a broken hand is a WAY BIGGER FEAT

iu

iu
Getting concussed multiple times and arguably losing the fight is quite the ass kicking I must say. Rob took way more damage

Joanna broke her hand two title fights in a row, and won.

Props to Maycee, though. I hope she recovers to 100%, and quickly.

Cifers won her fight with a broken arm

Back