Law The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Texas can strip taxpayer money from Planned Parenthood

And none of those funds go towards abortion, per the Hyde amendment. You can talk about funds being allocated towards abortions, but federal money is not allocated towards such. Many states investigated PP a few years ago, and found none of what you are asserting.
Then why did The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals rule that Texas can strip taxpayer money from Planned Parenthood

Then why did The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals rule that Texas can strip taxpayer money from Planned Parenthood

Because it seems somebody wants PP defunded, not just disallowed from utilizing abortion services.

read the Hyde amendment, and learn about all the states that performed investigations regarding the edited sting tapes and found no wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood......

I'd gladly pay more in taxes if it meant women could have safe and affordable access to abortions.

I'd gladly pay more in taxes if it meant women could have safe and affordable access to abortions.

Well, that's the thing. PP's budget is but a mere drop in the bucket for what they provide communities nationwide, yet none of that tax money even goes towards the abortions.

It is a clear cow towing to a religious agenda by people who see souls in a petri dish, and think they can legislate their morality to the rest of this secular nation.

Well, that's the thing. PP's budget is but a mere drop in the bucket for what they provide communities nationwide, yet none of that tax money even goes towards the abortions.

It is a clear cow towing to a religious agenda by people who see souls in a petri dish, and think they can legislate their morality to the rest of this secular nation.

Oh, I'm aware. PP performs necessary functions outside of abortion. The Hyde act (I think it's called) was a shitty "middle ground" after Roe v Wade.

I have and will continue to donate to Planned Parenthood because safe and affordable access to all of their services, including abortion, is a good cause.

Oh, I'm aware. PP performs necessary functions outside of abortion. The Hyde act (I think it's called) was a shitty "middle ground" after Roe v Wade.

I have and will continue to donate to Planned Parenthood because safe and affordable access to all of their services, including abortion, is a good cause.

Yep, I'm on the anti back alley abortion side as well.

ppl shouldn't have to pay for women bad life choices , so most of these abortions are from women riding the c..k carousel then they get pregnant and want ppl to pay for it, i say let's allow it only in case of rape or if the woman risks dying

allocating money to Planned Parenthood for the provision of other medical services allows other funds to be reallocated for abortions. Late in 2016, the Obama administration issued a rule effective in January 2017 banning U.S. states from withholding federal family-planning funds from health clinics that give abortions, including Planned Parenthood

If you have any evidence of that, then you should contact your local prosecutor. It would be criminal

In the future, post the actual decision from the court, and not a retarded summary from the Federalist.

That is, if you give a shit about accuracy, which the TS never has.

Thank you for being a reasonable and decent human being, seriously.

No, that has been specifically illegal for 40 years.

I know that, but I am not sure how it all works.
So, when they receive federal funding for initiatives, services, etc, would that not just free up finances to be redirected toward, for instance, abortion services?

planned-parenthood-services-2013-14_chartbuilder-2-_custom-2c71379b77e7eb35a5d6357662032d86fa0ef32a-s300-c85.png

Everything's bigger in Texas, especially the genital warts.

Regarding the 3% statistic:

If you want to kill your own baby, you pay for it yourself.

I know that, but I am not sure how it all works.
So, when they receive federal funding for initiatives, services, etc, would that not just free up finances to be redirected toward, for instance, abortion services?
Generally, no, because that's not how nonprofit financing works. They provide services that you have the grants for. There's no slush fund. You get 10k for xyz this year, you provide 10k worth of xyz this year. They don't have a quota of STD testing they need to meet. There's always a demand for their other services, too.

Because it seems somebody wants PP defunded, not just disallowed from utilizing abortion services.

read the Hyde amendment, and learn about all the states that performed investigations regarding the edited sting tapes and found no wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood......
Where theirs smoke theirs fire, women can get any of those things done at the health department, no need for PP pushing abortions on women and being a burden on the tax payer. You can ignore the evidence if you want to I did not fabricate any of the information I posted.

Generally, no, because that's not how nonprofit financing works. They provide services that you have the grants for. There's no slush fund. You get 10k for xyz this year, you provide 10k worth of xyz this year. They don't have a quota of STD testing they need to meet. There's always a demand for their other services, too.

Okay, so bear with me if you would. I think I’m just being slow today.

I apologise in advance if the below analogous story fails on every level, but life’s easier for me to understand life when it’s explained through analogies.

Say Paul Peterson (PP) has a part-time job. It doesn’t really earn him enough to cover all of his monthly needs, and so his parents subsidise him with an allowance. Their only stipulation is that he not spend any of the money that they give him on drinks, drugs or cigarettes (abortion); he should only be spending the money on necessities that he would otherwise have to pay for out of his own earnings – clothes, lunch, social activities, etc.

How are Paul’s parents making sure that Paul is not buying cigarettes with his private earnings?

Back