News The female fight's promos have more views than the males fight

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In the promos, countdowns, interviews and previews. The ones from the Shevchenko fight have more views than the ones from the Figueiredo fight.

What about that?

Should Shevchenko has been the maint event?

She is the much better established and well known champion, kind of a slap in the face that she got the co-main spot under someone few people have even seen fight.

*edit: Figueirido has a more ufc I realized, I must have seen him fight before cause I watch enough cards, but damned if I can remember a flyweight.

In the promos, countdowns, interviews and previews. The ones from the Shevchenko fight have more views than the ones from the Figueiredo fight.

What about that?

Should Shevchenko has been the maint event?

What even is your point you're trying to make here?

Lol.

My point is -- of the millions and millions of MMA fans across the world...only about 0.005% of them would rather see a female fight where there is a -1600 favorite than watch Fig vs. Perez...

@bl0b

I just noticed your sig lol

I am unfamiliar with you, so it is extra funny. Is that really a list of people that humiliated and eviscerated you? Your 'I got pwnd' list?

The UFC has a duty of care towards its audience, there are obviously guys who would be severely traumitised by placing a female title fight at the top of the card. It would be reckless to do so and I congratulate Dana for his concern.

Shevchenko is a much bigger star at this point than Figueredo, and she possesses the rare trait of being almost universally liked and respected by the fanbase (extremely rare on Sherdog), so it's a shame she's not the main event. The only rationale I can think of is that she has turned in a few stinker performances. Perhaps the UFC reckons that Figueredo is much more likely to end the night with a bang than Shevchenko is?

Back