The Feb 29 Garcia-Vargad card is pretty good

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Feb. 29: Frisco, Texas (DAZN)
  • Mikey Garcia vs. Jessie Vargas, 12 rounds, welterweights

• Title fight: Kal Yafai vs. Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, 12 rounds, for Yafai's WBA super flyweight title

• Title fight: Julio Cesar Martinez vs. Jay Harris, 12 rounds, for Martinez's WBC flyweight title

• Joseph Parker vs. Shawndell Winters, 10 rounds, heavyweights

• Murat Gassiev vs. Jerry Forrest, 10 rounds, heavyweights

• Israil Madrimov vs. Charlie Navarro, 10 rounds, super welterweights
Gassiev and the Madrimov fights were just added the other day.

Thats a fuckin stacked card.

Madrimov with Joel Diaz training him, is getting some hype and is currently fighting in very unstable division. So its gonna be a major look for him fighting on this card

Gassievs first test in the Heavyweight waters. Not a big test but still interesting to see him get his feet wet with his fight against Jerry Forrest.

Joseph Parkers been left out of the conversation when talking HWs since his back to back losses to Joshua and Whyte.
3 wins since then against not so stellar opposition, with Lepai being his best win. Winters isnt the best opponent but at least we'll get to see where Parkers at in his career.

Julio Cesar Martinez in his first title defense against European champ Jay Harris.
Eddy Reynoso, Martinezs trainer said they are having him fight a quick turn around to keep him active and get him some viewers.
Plan is too unify, but they want to get a few defenses before they start calling up other World Champions. I think he could beat Mthalane right now, but Jay Harris should provide a decent test for the moment.

Yafai vs Chocolatito is probably the most exciting fight on the card.
Yafai is Britains current longest reigning champ at the moment. Roman is trying to regain a championship since losing his Super Fly belt 3 years ago.
Yafai is a good boxer, fast, smart, has a nice shovel left hook to the body. Money lines also slightly favor him at the moment. But I think Chocolatito is going to catch him with something sturdy in the mid rounds and end it. Just a feeling

Garcia vs Vargas.
Another fight for Garcia at 147lbs. I think this fight should be the deciding factor on whether he should stay at WW or drop down to 140lbs.
If Vargas makes it a rough night for him, i think he should end the "Drive for Five" unless the right opponent comes up.
Garcia UD 116-112

Been waiting for Gassiev to finally make his hw debut.

I really want Chocolatito to win.

Never heard of Parkers opponent

Julio Cesar Martinez is cool as fuck and seemingly very active. I have become a fan of his since he absolutely MUGGED that little baby faced child in england

I don't care about mikey garcia....i probably won't even watch main event.

Been waiting for Gassiev to finally make his hw debut.

I really want Chocolatito to win.

Never heard of Parkers opponent

Julio Cesar Martinez is cool as fuck and seemingly very active. I have become a fan of his since he absolutely MUGGED that little baby faced child in england

I don't care about mikey garcia....i probably won't even watch main event.
Hopefully Vargas really brings it to him and helps change his mind on being at 147.
But, I think they really want to get him a shot at Pacquiao

Hopefully Vargas really brings it to him and helps change his mind on being at 147.
But, I think they really want to get him a shot at Pacquiao
Certainly does seem to be that way.

I can't get mad at cashing in but i also feel Mikey is selling himself short by "selling out" to get absolutely wrecked by people like Spence and Pac.

He could be the best 140 pounder on the planet....there's a lot of big fights right there for him and he'd probably win most of them.

I just don't like where he's going with all this....it just mucks everything up even more than what it already is.

Back