The featherweight division is really looking like a joke right now ...

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
- Strip Conor
- Appoint Aldo as the champion
- The last thing Aldo did in the UFC before that was avoiding the Conor fight after he previously said he'll fight him anytime, anywhere.
- Have Holloway and Pettis, who has parachuted into the division with a title eliminator, fight for the interim title
- Pettis can't make weight. He is a lightweight, after all.
- Come up with a hamfisted concept of a match, straight from WWE, dictating that if Holloways wins he gets the real title shot, but if Pettis wins he doesn't get shit.
- Doo Ho Choi, the division's most promising prospect, gets thoroughly destroyed despite the UFC trying to market that it was a "fight". It wasn't a fight, Joe Rogan, it was a nasty beatdown.
- Following a convincing win against Pettis, Holloway aggressively calls out Aldo and specifies February.
- Aldo agrees.
- Holloway chickens out of the fight. I tried to put it the least offensive way I can.

Deez featherweights are looking like a bunch of headless chicken with one conducting himself like a fucking Champion.

Conor is having the last laugh about this.

- Strip Conor
- The last thing Aldo did in the UFC before that was avoiding the Conor fight after he previously said he'll fight him anytime, anywhere.
- Have Holloway and Pettis, who has parachuted into the division with a title eliminator, fight for the interim title
- Come up with a hamfisted concept of a match, straight from WWE, dictating that if Holloways wins he gets the real title shot, but if Pettis wins he doesn't get shit.
- Following a convincing win against Pettis, Holloway aggressively calls out Aldo and specifies Februiary.
- Aldo agrees.
- Holloway chickens out of the fight. I tried to put it the least offensive way I can.

Deez featherweights are looking like a bunch of headless chicken with one conducting himself like a fucking Champion.

Ok Conor nuthugger.

No one said that Pettis wouldn't get nothing. They said he wouldn't be the interim champ.

He could still have the TS (and would be the most logical)

How cray would it be if Cub actually winds up being FW champ with everyone else ducking, jiving, and jostling around. haha

Ok Conor nuthugger.

No one said that Pettis wouldn't get nothing. They said he wouldn't be the interim champ.

He could still have the TS (and would be the most logical)

I'm not saying this because you called me a Conor nuthugger, but you are an identifyable Conor hater. I never remembered your nickname, but I always associate that blue haired animu guy with vehement and irrational Conor hate.

I can't reason with you. I won't even try to.

was Cub v Choi really that one-sided? can remember some brutal punishment for Choi but thought he rocked Cub a few times too? will re-watch I think, its well worth a second look anyway

I'm not saying this because you called me a Conor nuthugger, but you are an identifyable Conor hater. I never remembered your nickname, but I always associate that blue haired animu guy with vehement and irrational Conor hate.

I can't reason with you. I won't even try to.

But are you a Conor nuthugger?

How cray would it be if Cub actually winds up being FW champ with everyone else ducking, jiving, and jostling around. haha

I'm perfectly comfortable with Cub Swanson being the FW champ. Dude's a hardass and always comes to bang. Very entertaining to watch. And he doesn't pull (not yet at least) the pussy shit that the top two fighters of the division are doing right now.

Conor laughs because he got a title shot after nate choked him out

Conor had the belt a whole year and didn't defend while simultaneously fighting 3 other times. After his fight with Alvarez, he said he's taking a break for 6 months. That means it would have been a year and 8-9 months before actually defending it.

Jose Aldo fought Edgar and was promised a rematch. Conor fought Diaz 2 and Alvarez instead. Aldo did do something.

But are you a Conor nuthugger?

I am an MMA fan who is favorable of Conor McGregor. I make fun of him and his "nuthuggers" sometimes. All in good humor.

The problem with Conor haters is that they don't acknowledge that Conor has different types of fans. In other words, not every Conor fan has to be a retard. Look at @wilKO , the respectable gentleman and Conor supporter who made an appearance at a live UFC Q&A and repped us. Conor fans can be good people too.

Capice, son ?

I am an MMA fan who is favorable of Conor McGregor. I make fun of him and his "nuthuggers" sometimes. All in good humor.

The problem with Conor haters is that they don't acknowledge that Conor has different types of fans. In other words, not every Conor fan has to be a retard. Look at @wilKO , the respectable gentleman and Conor supporter who made an appearance at a live Sherdog Q&A and repped us. Conor fans can be good people too.

Capice, son ?

I've no problem with Conor fans. I come to Sherdog to have fun, so I take everything lightly here.
Of course there are good fans of Conor McGregor. They usually are, however, minority. And when you see me answering, I'm usually answering the bad portion of them. The "13 seconds" groupie.

- The last thing Aldo did in the UFC before that was...[snip]
Fight and defeat Edgar for the interim title and attempt to face the champion in a unification bout.

- Doo Ho Choi, the division's most promising prospect, gets thoroughly destroyed despite the UFC trying to market that it was a "fight". It wasn't a fight, Joe Rogan, it was a nasty beatdown.
Prospects should prove themselves...by fighting. Sometimes those prospects lose, and sometimes they manage to come back stronger. The FW division is better in the longer term when they allow talent to develop, as they are here.

Why didn't you also write about the ex-champ of the division refusing to fight in the division? Every other contender has fought more than he has, including guys like Pettis who don't even belong in the division. He and the UFC set half this nonsense into motion.

It's not a joke, it's just in a temporary moment of flux. It's actually more interesting now than when Aldo was running over C level fighters like Mark Hominick.

You are just being a Negative Nancy.

Top fws beat top lws.

155 is the joke division.

Featherweight is the best division in the sport.

Lost all credibility when you said the last thing Aldo did was refuse to fight Conor and get appointed a title lol but hey, I get it's hard to grasp that some of us MMAfans actually care about more than 1 fighter on the roster .

As much as I love Aldo and think that him fighting at LW would be awesome, he should defend it once.
Damn, give the shot to Swanson then.

- Strip Conor
- Following a convincing win against Pettis, Holloway aggressively calls out Aldo and specifies February.
- Aldo agrees.

That's what happens when you let a guy win the title and then fuck off in other divisions.

Back