THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS (Fast 9 Pushed Back to 2020 Release)

If you have seen THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: February 3, 2016

Vin Diesel Announces Release Dates for FAST & FURIOUS 9 and 10

Good lord. I was in grade 9 or 10 when the first one came out. My son is going to be in grade 2 by the time #10 comes out. Jesus, enough already.

Update: February 9, 2016

FAST & FURIOUS 8 Will Feature a Sole Female Villain; Charlize Theron Eyed for the Role

Charlize-Theron-Fast-and-Furious-8-020916-Dragonlord.jpg

Deadline is reporting that the eighth installment of the Fast And Furious franchise will have a sole female villain. The script is not even done, but sources tell Deadline that newly minted Fast 8 director F. Gary Gray and screenwriter Chris Morgan are inserting a fierce female villain into the story.

They are said to have their eye on a particular actress, too: Charlize Theron, whose gritty performance in Mad Max: Fury Road, certainly was a welcome force in the multiple Oscar-nominated George Miller film. It appears her dance card may be open during that time, too.

Gray and Theron have worked together before — on The Italian Job years ago. Universal had no comment on any casting speculation for its successful franchise, and no offer has been made to Theron. Sources say she hasn’t seen any part of a script yet.

So right now, its way too early to predict an outcome, but those agents representing strong female talent should take note. This is said to be a juicy role and, given the international reach of the multibillion-dollar franchise, is a primo spot for any actress. Whomever gets the plum role won’t be the only strong female in the cast: Michelle Rodriguez is expected to return.

‘Fast 8’ Will Ride With A New Female Villain; Charlize Theron Eyed for the Role

Ah Christ, not a female villain.

Update: April 6, 2016

GAME OF THRONES' Kristofer Hivju Joins FAST & FURIOUS 8

Kristofer-Hivju-Fast-and-Furios-8-Dragonlord.jpg

Norwegian actor Kristofer Hivju, who plays Tormund Giantsbane on HBO’s Game of Thrones, has joined the cast of the eighth chapter in the Fast & Furious franchise, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Vin Diesel will return to star as Dominic Toretto along with Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Michelle Rodriguez and Jason Statham as the villainous Deckard Shaw. Currently known as "Fast 8" to fans, the high-octane sequel is being directed by F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton).

Oscar winner Charlize Theron has been linked to the villain role since early February, though there’s no official update on her potential casting. Whether the chief antagonist is played by Theron or someone else, Hivju will play one of the villain’s main henchmen. Fast 8 is expected to be the first major studio movie to shoot in Cuba. The sequel will drive into theaters on April 17, 2017.

Hivju co-starred in the acclaimed foreign film Force Majeure and appeared in M. Night Shyamalan‘s After Earth with Will Smith and Universal’s remake of The Thing with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Joel Egerton.

‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Kristofer Hivju to Battle Vin Diesel’s Crew in ‘Fast 8’ (Exclusive)

The continue success of this movie franchise is mind boggling.

Update: February 9, 2016

FAST & FURIOUS 8 Will Feature a Sole Female Villain; Charlize Theron Eyed for the Role

Charlize-Theron-Fast-and-Furious-8-020916-Dragonlord.jpg

Deadline is reporting that the eighth installment of the Fast And Furious franchise will have a sole female villain. The script is not even done, but sources tell Deadline that newly minted Fast 8 director F. Gary Gray and screenwriter Chris Morgan are inserting a fierce female villain into the story.

They are said to have their eye on a particular actress, too: Charlize Theron, whose gritty performance in Mad Max: Fury Road, certainly was a welcome force in the multiple Oscar-nominated George Miller film. It appears her dance card may be open during that time, too.

Gray and Theron have worked together before — on The Italian Job years ago. Universal had no comment on any casting speculation for its successful franchise, and no offer has been made to Theron. Sources say she hasn’t seen any part of a script yet.

So right now, its way too early to predict an outcome, but those agents representing strong female talent should take note. This is said to be a juicy role and, given the international reach of the multibillion-dollar franchise, is a primo spot for any actress. Whomever gets the plum role won’t be the only strong female in the cast: Michelle Rodriguez is expected to return.

‘Fast 8’ Will Ride With A New Female Villain; Charlize Theron Eyed for the Role
tbh, despite the love i have for my #1 boo, rocky, i just dont bother at all with these movies.
but this would make me consider watching tbh.

milking it for all it's worth with the death of Paul. It won't sell with 8

Update: April 7, 2016

Charlize Theron Confirmed to Star in FAST AND FURIOUS 8

Charlize-Theron-Fast-Furious-8-040716a-Dragonlord.jpg

Charlize Theron will join the next installment of the Fast and Furious franchise. Theron has been in talks for some time, but sources say her deal is now closed. She'll play a villain in the film. A Facebook post on the film's site stated: "Our crew will face its greatest adversary ever in our next film as we welcome Charlize Theron to the Fast family."

She'll join returning stars Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson. F. Gary Gray is directing the next installment, which is set for release on April 14, 2017.

Theron always has worked well in the action genre, and she starred for director F. Gary Gray in the 2003 hit remake of The Italian Job. Theron is also in the early stages of reteaming with her Young Adult compadres director Jason Reitman and scribe Diablo Cody on another untitled project.

'Mad Max: Fury Road' Star Charlize Theron Joins 'Fast and Furious 8' Cast

Statham will somehow be a good boy and replace Brian. I'm calling it.

Does she get to don the Furiosa costume?

#makeithappenGary

Statham will somehow be a good boy and replace Brian. I'm calling it.

Came to post this exact thing. Tharon will unite them to fight together blah blah....really liked these movies until 6 and 7, then it turned into what can vin diesel fall onto/jump from next and still walk away. Not to mention being able to flex out of a cast on a broken arm and carry a gatlin gun, althogh to be fair the rock may be able to do that cause hes awesome.

The last film was so ridiculous, they crashed several cars head on then had a fight with giant tools.

Geez

I wonder how shit the new one will be

Was hoping they would end it after Walker's death

The continue success of this movie franchise is mind boggling.

Kids between 11-16 love it

The same way we did when it first came out, but cars were not flying around then and the storyline were not that retarded

Fast 1/Tokyo Drift/Fast 2/Fast 5/ Fast 4 (which says something because it was a load of crap) Fast 6/Fast 7

I hope the guy from Tokyo Drift comes back, it's need a white, blonde hair guy

Update: April 10, 2016

Charlize Theron Says She's Going to 'Mess That Shit Up' in FAST 8

Charlize-Theron-Fast-Furious-8-040716b-Dragonlord.jpg

Charlize Theron is officially stepping into the driver’s seat in Fast 8, the anticipated follow-up to last year’s surprise blockbuster Furious 7.

The Mad Max star confirmed that she’ll go head to head with Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel), DSS agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson), and the rest of the 1327 in F. Gary Gray’s Fast 8 backstage at the 2016 MTV Movie Awards. “I have been very kindly invited to the family,” Theron told MTV’s Josh Horowitz. “I’m going to try and mess that shit up.”

The previous two villains in the Fast franchise were brothers, and while Theron didn’t reveal any details about her villainess, we can only assume that she’ll go full-on Furiosa in the nefarious role. Fast 8 begins production this summer with a planned release on April 14, 2017.

Charlize Theron Confirms Fast & Furious 8 Casting, Says She's Going to 'Mess That Shit Up'

Update: April 11, 2016

Scott Eastwood Joins the Cast of F. Gary Gray's FAST & FURIOUS 8

Scott-Eastwood-Fast-and-Furious-8-Dragonlord.jpg

Scott Eastwood has joined the cast of F. Gary Gray's Fast and Furious 8. Eastwood is joining newcomer Charlize Theron, who will be acting as the film's villain.

The Universal film will see the return of Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson. F. Fast and Furious 8 is set for release on April 14, 2017.

Eastwood has lined up multiple high profile projects in recent years, starring in The Longest Ride and Fury. He’ll appear in Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad, Oliver Stone’s Snowden with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ben Affleck’s Live by Night.

Scott Eastwood Joins Vin Diesel and Charlize Theron in F. Gary Gray's 'Fast & Furious 8'

Back