THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS (Fast 9 Pushed Back to 2020 Release)

If you have seen THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
that damn raptor on motorcycles gif gets me everytime.

so another heist movie it is

Gonna miss Walker. His fighter scenes was way better then any of the stuff Diesel or the Rock did.

Gray made the great SOC movie so it looks like for his efforts on that he's going to get rewarded here with a big pay day directing Fast 8.

Damn, nice news with the director announcement. I like Gray Gary. Negotiator, Law Abiding Citizen, The Italian Job, and I haven't seen it yet but Straight Outta Compton are all solid films.

I mean as long as they're entertaining I guess keep em coming. The series is obviously doing something right if people keep watching.

Update: October 6, 2015

THE ITALIAN JOB's F. Gary Gray to Direct FAST & FURIOUS 8

F-Gary-Gray-Fast-and-Furious-8-Dragonlord.jpg

Straight out of Compton, and straight into Fast and Furious. After an intense search, Universal has settled on F. Gary Gray, the helmer behind its summer hit Straight Outta Compton, to direct Fast and Furious 8, and sources say Gray has told the studio he wishes to initiate negotiations for a deal. Gray was chosen over such directors as Louis Leterrier, Adam Wingard and William Eubank.

The search for a director was necessitated after efforts to convince Furious 7 director James Wan to return for No. 8 proved unsuccessful. The search then went public after THR reported on the difficulty in finding a director and star and Furious producer Vin Diesel took to Facebook to plug both himself and Rob Cohen, who directed the 2001 original movie, as possible candidates. On Monday, Gray met with Diesel, who does not have director approval rights but is consulted on all major decisions involving the franchise. After the meeting, Diesel posted a photo of himself with a smiling Gray on his Facebook page. The duo were posed in front of numerous Fast and Furious images.

In Gray, Furious 8 is getting a filmmaker who can juggle intense, over-the-top action sequences with some of the intense, over-the-top personalities working in front of the camera. That includes Diesel, who worked with Gray on 2003's action drama A Man Apart. Gray's credits include thrillers and action movies such as The Italian Job, The Negotiator and Law Abiding Citizen.

'Straight Outta Compton' Director F. Gary Gray in Talks to Helm 'Fast and Furious 8'

Update: October 8, 2015

F. Gary Gray Confirms He Will Direct FAST & FURIOUS 8

Update: November 16, 2015

Universal Planning FAST & FURIOUS Spinoff and Prequels

Furious-7-Cast-Premiere-Dragonlord.jpg

A Fast and Furious cinematic universe? It could happen. Universal insiders say that the studio and franchise star Vin Diesel are exploring the idea of spinoffs and prequels as it seeks to develop movies beyond its core Furious movies.

The studio is coming off of a stellar $1.5 billion worldwide gross with this year's Furious 7, and recently hired F. Gary Gray to navigate that speedy world in what will be the first movie that will not feature deceased actor Paul Walker. At least three more movies, including the eighth one, are planned. The franchise is the studio's most lucrative brand and it's no surprise it will try to keep the cash flowing.

Cinematic universes have been a cause celebre in the studio world ever since Marvel Studios tied their movies together and led up to mega tentpole events in the form of The Avengers movies.

Universal is already trying to create a universe with a line of movies focused on its classic monsters characters such as Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy and vampire hunter Van Helsing.

Universal Planning 'Fast & Furious' Cinematic Universe with Spinoffs and Prequels

Awesome, can't wait, especially for any prequal action. Han is the man.

I'm all for this series going forever. Just fun movies, over the top. But always interesting. Don't really want to see any prequels though.

What are you going to do. Cast some other dude as Diesel or some shit? No thanks. I'm all for more sequels though. Just keep getting cool bad guys for it.

The Italian Job was a pretty bland movie.

Update: February 3, 2016

Vin Diesel Announces Release Dates for FAST & FURIOUS 9 and 10

They think because the last one did so well (because Paul died) that they can keep on making these without him. Doubt the next ones will do well but who knows.

They think because the last one did so well (because Paul died) that they can keep on making these without him. Doubt the next ones will do well but who knows.
I'm pretty sure the series has been going strong ever since the 5th resparked it

Please bring the DK to replace Brian!

I will be disappointed if there's not a Fast 11, 12, and 13.

Update: February 6, 2016

Dwayne Johnson Confirms He'll Be in FAST & FURIOUS 8

Rock-Furious-8-Instagram.jpg

Hopefully he'll have a larger role than he did in 7. And I'm still waiting for the Hobbs spin off.

Back